• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI/VII Second Frames for Emerald

Years
Emerald Sprites

This post is dedicated to DizzyEgg, KDS, Mr. Dollsteak who are all contributing heavily towards an amazing Emerald Battle Engine written in C. This engine will need sprites, and, as this lack of sprites is a huge problem when it comes to Emerald, I have decided to offer sprites to the public. This will not be an exhaustive list, but should cover most of the sprites from these generations.

Gen VI
Spoiler:

The first frames and backsprites of many of these sprites will come from Mr. Dollsteak, so a huge credit to him. If anyone would like to offer QC on these sprites or sprites of their own, please do so.

Also, these sprites are not yet indexed. If someone would like to help with the indexing process, that would be amazing. Anyone can do indexing regardless of ability.

Please credit me and Mr. Dollsteak if you decide to use these sprites, thank you :)

Last edited:
Years
Fletchling and Fletchinder, will upload talonflame before long.

fletchling.png

fletchinder.png

For whatever reason, imgur will not let me upload these images, but they work totally fine on Tinypic and other sites. So I have them included as attachments. If anyone would like to upload these to imgur and PM me the links, that would be great.

Last edited:
Years
I tried to upload them for you, but imgur also will not accept them from me!
Something must be screwy with the file specifications?

Years
I tried to upload them for you, but imgur also will not accept them from me!
Something must be screwy with the file specifications?

Thank you very much for trying! I have no idea what it is about these files, I can upload other pngs to imgur fine. They upload to other image sharing sites as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2017
Very excited about this project, we need more Emerald love. Keep up the good work!

Years
here are three
ScPqf5x.png

7CFpoLp.png

tdGAZz6.png

Did you index these? Or just post to imgur? Either way thank you, I appreciate it :)

Very excited about this project, we need more Emerald love. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

I did flabebe and added everything to imgur so I am doing a megapost with everything completed and pretty!

Edit: Megapost below!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Did you index these? Or just post to imgur? Either way thank you, I appreciate it :)

Thank you!

I did flabebe and added everything to imgur so I am doing a megapost with everything completed and pretty!

Spoiler:

Well i hadnt indexed them... I will soon index them and provide the link to you :)
Sorry for not indexing in first place :(

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

Thank you!

Spoiler:

Looking good so far but please try to make sure the sprites have 16 colors or less.

Tried Froakie and it's mouth doesn't get imported right.

Years
Looking good so far but please try to make sure the sprites have 16 colors or less.

Tried Froakie and it's mouth doesn't get imported right.

I will try to monitor it a more closely and update the past ones, palette manipulation is confusing in photoshop, I thought they were 16 colors.

Anyhow, Tyrunt and Tyrantrum

Sg3TSWL.png

Q3JiJ0c.png

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this!

Just for simplicity sake, and just personal preference, I wanna see these in Sugimori palette and posted here. This would, 1, hopefully revive that thread, and 2, get more people to see your sprites. You don't have to, I'd just like to see it happen.

Keep up the good work!

Years
Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this!

Just for simplicity sake, and just personal preference, I wanna see these in Sugimori palette and posted here. This would, 1, hopefully revive that thread, and 2, get more people to see your sprites. You don't have to, I'd just like to see it happen.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you :)
Yes, I would certainly like to post the sprites there as well, but that thread seems to be dead as Mr. DS has started devoting his time towards animations for the new Emerald battle engine. I love that thread though and may end up posting the sprites there after they are all completed, so as not to spam two threads constantly with the same content

Some sprites to impart today after a brief hiatus

Few changes for the Skrelp line because theyre based off of a very still plant-like type of seahorse called the "leafy sea dragon"

Skrelp-
4k9U91m.png

Dragalge-
KRyzNa7.png

As well as the Aegislash line! I am quite happy with how these few turned out

Honedge-
la0zeze.png

Doublade-
dG4Q2sL.png

Aegislash-
zc7Q0MY.png

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Nice! Feel free to use some sprites that you might like from my repository thread, just credit the artists...

By the way, why not help MrDS with the Gen. 5 sprites too? And I believe he's planning to do Gen. 6 also...

Years
Nice! Feel free to use some sprites that you might like from my repository thread, just credit the artists...

By the way, why not help MrDS with the Gen. 5 sprites too? And I believe he's planning to do Gen. 6 also...

Awesome! I was hoping to use some of your gen 7 sprites :)

I might do some of gen 5, but there are just so many of them. I don't even intend to do all of the sprites for gen 6 and 7, just the ones I plan on using. I might do the same for gen 5 if no one takes the head on that, but it won't be for a while.

A smidgen of progress during finals week

Hawlucha-
FmBP6Mr.png

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
So far these look alright, but don't just accept willy-nilly. I'm sure you're quality checking lol.

Also you don't need to index sprites, just make them 16 colors and Wichu's editor will be able to import them.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 3, 2017
this is too cool, i've always been a fan of hacking the emerald rom, and seeing how little effort has been made to do custom sprites for the 6th generations has been sad, but i'm glad to see people putting in an attempt to do it. i've been doing some sprites and want to share some here's litleo and pyroar

https://flic.kr/p/QVWaLp

Last edited:
Back