• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Destiny Version

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Rom Base: Fired Red (U)
Name: Pokémon Destiny Version

Info:
Most of you would know me as Nintendork15, or Varion, that guy who's never finished any hack, like a n00b. :I
This is my 'current' hack. not again. This hack is a compilation of EVERYTHING I've done, from my old Paradise Green, to Chime Version. I've mushed it all together to make a well plotted story, and an awesome planned hack, with tons of things inserted.
While doing this ROM hack, I am learning how to do things such as Scripting/Graphics Inserting, so bar with me when updates take a while. But by the time the full release is, well, released. I plan to have added new everything, graphics(maybe tiles) Sprites, scripts, titlescreens, bootscreens, credits, pokemon, the works.
ANywaaaaaay, please enjoy what progress I have made so far.

Story:
Everyone believes everything happens for a reason. 'Destiny', making everything happen.
Well, they're right. Two Dragon Pokémon circle the world, causing good and bad things to happen.
Counter-acting each other, to make perfect balance to each other, allowing the world to exist peacefully.

It's a new day in Crimson City, and it's the dawn of a new era in your life. The day you leave to explore the Region of Valoria. You head downstairs to find your mother and the local teacher 'Rad' talking. He tells you to head to his to get a Pokémon, since the Professor doesn't hand Pokémon out anymore.
After heading there, passing a test with your new Pokémon. (Totodile/Cyndaquil/Chikorita) You head through Route 1, to Hallow Base.
Where you find Axel, your brother, who wishes to scale Scarlet Hill, but two trainers at the bottom explain how he's not strong enough, in a desperate attempt to prove his strengths, he challenges you, and you win. The Trainers admit you both have potential, and explain how Eight Badges are required to scale Scarlet Hill, they say the first one is in Cyan City, and you must head through Evergreen Village, and Evergreen Woods, to get there.

Features:
- Game Freak Styled Maps
I like to do my best to make Game Freak Styled Maps, maps that look as if they were in the original games, to make this more pokemon-ish game.
- Orginal Characters and Canon Characters
A mix of my own made characters clashing with Canon Characters such as Lance...
-New Regions
Why settle for one new region, when you can explore to brand new regions. Septi and Coran collide in a 16 gym journey.
- 16 Gyms
Yep, a repeat of GSC two region with 16 gyms to fight, with many types.
Fairy Type
Fairy Type is inculded in this hack, for anyone whom likes that type.
- A few New Pokémon
Many new Pokémon such as Gliddeon form the titlescreen

Screens:
60963e03a87cfc05274418e2b17a6300_1024.png
spearow_by_varion_the_shadow-d71qky8.png

7bf6ad2cb823f7b0901e0264c07a71f4_500.png
pokemon_by_varion_the_shadow-d71m2or.png
rad_by_varion_the_shadow-d71m2oo.png

4e1fe17b9d8535d557b566cc29565235.png

Credits:
Fakemon; Samson,Elizia,Meriums
Helpfulness: acertony
Scripting Tutorial: diegoisawesome
Title tutorial: Dawnryder
Trainer Inserting Tutorial: tajaros
New Type Tutorial: ShyRayq

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Nice idea, in all my years of making and playing pokemon hacks i have never heard of one with this story line or anything similar, it will be interested to see how it ends up.
Good luck,

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Yay, new hack! :D Will there be new sprites?
Er.. will you add new music and new tiles? But in my opinion..
Stay with the original tiles. It looks better together with your mapping style ^^
Wow, nice fake pokemon sprites. I hate like some of it. Good luck!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Yay, new hack! :D Will there be new sprites?
Er.. will you add new music and new tiles? But in my opinion..
Stay with the original tiles. It looks better together with your mapping style ^^
Wow, nice fake pokemon sprites. I hate like some of it. Good luck!

Yes, I'll be doing new overworlds, and making a few of my own fakemon, as well as the public ones I find.

I'll be keeping FR tiles, but making my own custom FR style tiles.
ALso, this will feature many new musics.
Including some fanmade OC from SSJ4Sonics on youtube, some GoldenSun, Pokémon, Earthbound, and many more of my favorite games. ^^'

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Eh.. It looks nice. Rather, the story is original. I love it.
As the above person said, keep with the original FR tiles. It suits better.
Aside that, I don't really like fake Pokemon. But regardless if the game
events are well putted and exciting. So it doesn't really matter though.
Too much FireRed hack these days.. Anyways, good luck on your hack!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Phantancer's backsprite looks sick!

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
This looks interesting, I hope you don't quit like all your other hacks. :/ Honestly the fakemon could use a bit of work though, you haven't shown many so I can't really judge yet though. I like the choice of tiles but I recommend you use the emerald small trees instead, they look nicer and fit with the Firered tiles a bit better.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Eh.. It looks nice. Rather, the story is original. I love it.
As the above person said, keep with the original FR tiles. It suits better.
Aside that, I don't really like fake Pokemon. But regardless if the game
events are well putted and exciting. So it doesn't really matter though.
Too much FireRed hack these days.. Anyways, good luck on your hack!

Thanks, I'm trying to make the events the best I can.

Phantancer's backsprite looks sick!

Here's the sprite sheet with Phantancer

This looks interesting, I hope you don't quit like all your other hacks. :/ Honestly the fakemon could use a bit of work though, you haven't shown many so I can't really judge yet though. I like the choice of tiles but I recommend you use the emerald small trees instead, they look nicer and fit with the Firered tiles a bit better.

I may use Emerald and Ruby's trees.
The Ruby tree is a major preference, But I want as many different trees as I can.

young_girl_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopn9.png
route_3_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopna.png
catching_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopnc.png

Just a few newe screens.
Done some more battles, events and maps.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I may use Emerald and Ruby's trees.
The Ruby tree is a major preference, But I want as many different trees as I can.

young_girl_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopn9.png
route_3_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopna.png
catching_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vopnc.png

Just a few newe screens.
Done some more battles, events and maps.

That battle background doesn't look nice at all :/
Isn't there something to add like trees and stuff?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I don't know how to edit battle backgrounds, or make custom backgrounds.

Well, I suggest you take a tutorial.
You don't to make one when you can just find them through searching.
The battle background doesn't look good at night time. It's better off change ^^

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Well, I suggest you take a tutorial.
You don't to make one when you can just find them through searching.
The battle background doesn't look good at night time. It's better off change ^^

It's not a 1st priority at the moment.
But I might get round to it.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Just some new things;
Started mapping Slate City, and finished Route 3.
another_route_3_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vy47c.png
route_3__2__by_varion_the_shadow-d6vy479.png

slate_city_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vy475.png
slate_ruins_by_varion_the_shadow-d6vy474.png

I took these screenshots and 1 in the morning, so it's dark because night time
Also; Musics;

All are currently from previous Pokémon Games.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Hey the Fakemons and Screens looking good. And the first story about two Pokemon control the balance of the world. That a good legend story to think but after that it's not perfect. Its not bad it good but not very good. But anyway its your hard work keep it up.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Hey the Fakemons and Screens looking good. And the first story about two Pokemon control the balance of the world. That a good legend story to think but after that it's not perfect. Its not bad it good but not very good. But anyway its your hard work keep it up.

Well, after the balance bit, is the player's story, there isn't much to tell, he just wants to be champ. :I

first_gym_by_varion_the_shadow-d6wug86.jpg

This is the first gym, Rock type. :3

Tiles from: RSE

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hahaha, I love the script with the guy saying he's a member of the Youngster gang. Is Youngster Joey a part of it too? Hehe! I think Youngster Joey from my game may want to join!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Hahaha, I love the script with the guy saying he's a member of the Youngster gang. Is Youngster Joey a part of it too? Hehe! I think Youngster Joey from my game may want to join!

There's 6 Youngster gangs members on Route 1, 2 and Bugwood Forest.
Defeating all sixe gives you access to the clubhouse in Bugwood Forest, where you can battle Joey :I
So, yes. Joey is there >:3

Back