• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It wouldn't be so bad if it was a constant temperature all day. It is very warm here during the day, about 75, maybe 80 degrees. But we almost hit the 30's at night. Really pisses me off.
80 is cold to me, haha. (Yet it's only like 40 here. :() I would love to live in Hawaii though.

G-Man

disGRUNTled
Years
80 is cold to me, haha. (Yet it's only like 40 here. :() I would love to live in Hawaii though.
Oh, No, Hawaii is always beautiful weather. It is always very comfortable, to the point that I can walk out at 2 a.m. in a t-shirt and boxers just fine. I am just not there right now, since the organization I work for send me out on a business trip....

Years
@ Michael - I dunno how cold winters you have where you live, in Sweden we have often like -30°C. I doubt you would enjoy that :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Oh, No, Hawaii is always beautiful weather. It is always very comfortable, to the point that I can walk out at 2 a.m. in a t-shirt and boxers just fine. I am just not there right now, since the organization I work for send me out on a business trip....
Ah..
Yeah, I went there a couple years ago. It was 90+ during the day, and 80 at night. lol

G-Man

disGRUNTled
Years
Ah..
Yeah, I went there a couple years ago. It was 90+ during the day, and 80 at night. lol
Yeah. around this time, it tends to rain all of the sudden, especially around Kaneohe and Kailua. It's a lot better on the other side of the island, just past Pearl city, and especially around Waikiki and Honolulu.

Like me, I live on Kaneohe, right on MCBH.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Well the Midwest doesn't get THAT cold but...I've got good memoriies in the cold and Winter So...yeah. lol.

Years
@ Michael - I dunno how cold winters you have where you live, in Sweden we have often like -30°C. I doubt you would enjoy that :)

Wait.. do you live in northern Sweden? 'Cause Wikipedia says you get nowhere near that cold, though I assume that's in the southern part of the country.

Well the Midwest doesn't get THAT cold but...I've got good memoriies in the cold and Winter So...yeah. lol.

That all depends on where in the Midwest you are. We hit about -30 C (-22 F) I'd say typically twice a year as our daily low temperature here in Minnesota. And -18C (0 F) is pretty typical fare here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
I live more around the Chicago Area, and I think the coldest we've ever had was -33 C (-27 F), and the common temperatures I get are 27 to 40, if not a bit colder...

Years
Wait.. do you live in northern Sweden? 'Cause Wikipedia says you get nowhere near that cold, though I assume that's in the southern part of the country.

Nope, that is so not true. yes i'm a norrlander. Northern Sweden is farther away from the equator so obviously it's colder in north Sweden than south. Also the Gulf stream warms up southern sweden more.
-30 celsius is not to rare and the coldest day that i have experienced it was a whooping -42 celsius, many years ago. BRRRRRRRRR!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Where I used to live (Upstate New York [NOT NYC]), I think the coldest I've heard it get down to was somewhere around -30 F, which isn't the norm.

As for where I've attended college, in the southeastern US, I don't think it's ever gotten below +20 F, at least not while I've been there.

I'd like to visit Sweden sometime, though I'd probably choose to go sometime over the summer when it's not too cold xD. Random trivia: According to the big globe in my Pokemon Platinum's GTS, I've traded with someone in Sweden before.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
I would never leave this fabulous country.

Except for England. That place looks pretty spiffy. o3o

Also:

big_4714739.gif

LOOKS LIKE I'M WATCHING COWBOY BEBOP: KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back