• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
What does Special 0x187 do & How do I change what Pokemon appears from using Rock Smash on rock?
Thnx in advance.

wingzro17

......................... .....
Years
What does Special 0x187 do & How do I change what Pokemon appears from using Rock Smash on rock?
Thnx in advance.

Well, in advance map's Wild Pokemon, Go to "TREE" and change it there.
Only 5 Pokemon you can use though :(

Special 0x187 is actually a "?????" in the XSE guide, so you're gonna have to test it out your self...

Last edited:

Jarin

In ur DS, stealin ur pogymons!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I'm considerably new at ROM hacking, and need some help. I just created a large forest route, an now whenever I click on some of my other maps I get a Error saying "The value at $6B0BB0 in not a Pointer!" the only thing that different on each map is the value. Can anyone tell me what this means and how to correct it?

(Sorry if this was already asked, but I couldn't find anything on this using the search function.)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm considerably new at ROM hacking, and need some help. I just created a large forest route, an now whenever I click on some of my other maps I get a Error saying "The value at $6B0BB0 in not a Pointer!" the only thing that different on each map is the value. Can anyone tell me what this means and how to correct it?

(Sorry if this was already asked, but I couldn't find anything on this using the search function.)

it probably means that A-Map overwrote some offsets which are being used in other maps.

you resized that route, have you not?

you should disable the 'Automatically Search For Offsets' under the Settings while you are using the tool.
Then you can assign some free offsets to be used.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Two questions for you Gold gurus! Simple one first, in the ADV games, there's a limit to five evolutions, is that also true for Gold?

Second, how do I add images in for Pokémon slots FC and FE (FD is Egg)? Right now, it loads tileset 0 (for the front sprite), or the trainer back sprite (for the back sprite). Could really use some help with this, guys!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Elow pipz.
I got a question...
Is there a way to script a trainer who will have the same PKMN you have in your party?
Thanks~

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I have a question about the compare PLAYERFACING command.

If I want a script to compare if the guy is facing up, a message shows up, and if he's not facing up, nothing shows up.

I tried doing:

compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x2 goto @end
msgbox @hello 0x6

But the message pops up even if he's facing any other direction. Any help?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I have a question about the compare PLAYERFACING command.

If I want a script to compare if the guy is facing up, a message shows up, and if he's not facing up, nothing shows up.

I tried doing:

compare PLAYERFACING 0x2
if 0x2 goto @end
msgbox @hello 0x6

But the message pops up even if he's facing any other direction. Any help?

Uh, "if 0x2 goto @end" is the problem. There's no 0x2 in if. It's either 0x1 or 0x0.

Put "if 0x0 goto @end" meaning - if it's not <what you compared before> then it'll go to end.

JPAN

pokemon rom researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
I have some questions for those of you who ASM hack: do you know the locations of the variables and flags in the RAM?

Also, do you know how to use memory content on your scripts? The command LoadByteFromOffset stores the byte in a bank, but how do you use it?

Thanks in advance.

Years
Does anyone know how to edit the flower animations successfully? I tried it with the tutorial on Whack a Hack and it didnt work out too well. Do you know how to open it up in the pallete the flower usually is?

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Elow pipz.
I got a question...
Is there a way to script a trainer who will have the same PKMN you have in your party?
Thanks~

Not sure about the limitations, but couldn't it be done with writebytetooffset and loadbytefrompointer? Find the RAM locations of your Pokémon, read them with loadbytefrompointer, and then writebytetooffset to an unused trainer slot.

Probably need to use a countpokemon as well, to make sure the trainer you battle has the same amount of Pokémon as you.

Wow, that could get creative, if the theory works.

Cy-Chan said:
Two questions for you Gold gurus! Simple one first, in the ADV games, there's a limit to five evolutions, is that also true for Gold?

Second, how do I add images in for Pokémon slots FC and FE (FD is Egg)? Right now, it loads tileset 0 (for the front sprite), or the trainer back sprite (for the back sprite).

Quoted for emphasis.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
No, Gold has no limit on the number of evolutions. You will need to repoint though.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
Search Google for "Visual Basic 6 Runtime Files". They're free and everything. Alternatively, I believe Whack-a-Hack has them for download.
Uh...I downloaded it then I had to extract a file then I clicked on it then it came up with a window with component names then quickly dissapered. XD After that I though it was done, so I opened a hacking tool and it still does not work. XD

Did it work? Or did I do something wrong? XD (And yes I laugh at everything XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back