• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
@TARDISam Advance Trainer by Hackmew. Its in the Tools section.

Where do I paste it I past it in the main section and I right click and all I see is copy,paste etc and compile I cant find where im supposed to paste it and compile it.
Paste it in the little box at the top that says offset 0x_________.
You don't com pile it you decom pile it. Also there's an easier way to do it. In A-Map goto Settings->Choose script editor->Find XSE and click on it.

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Alright I did that now I want to put the National Dex into the game but where do I put the specail 0x thing?

pokelj

Mudkip Master
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2018
ALright Ive got to the part so where should I put special 0x16F. That activates the Nat Dex.
preparemsg 0x818E5EA '"[player] received the POKéDEX\nfro..."
waitmsg
waitfanfare
call 0x81A6675
setflag 0x829
special 0x181
setvar 0x407C 0x1
EDIT I made a new line right after 0x181
EDIT I didnt work shoot! Going to try again.
EDIT After the event and gary leaves the game just freezes can someone help me?

Last edited:
Years
@TARDISam Advance Trainer by Hackmew. Its in the Tools section.

I've downloaded A-Trainer but as soon as I try to open the Emerald ROM in it it says 'Run-time error 9: Subscript out of range.' and closes down.

Does anyone else get this problem? If so how do I fix it?

pghahaha

Beware of Hippopotas!
Years
Hey, how can I edit pokemon cries from sinnoh into leaf green. Preferrably, I'd like a tool, otherwise...

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
How do you correctly edit the battle backgrounds? I inserted my edited background over the one I want to replace but it just messed up all of the backgrounds.

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
I personally feel like the biggest noob ever for not knowing why this is happening but:

I insert an indexed sprite via unlz.gba (hacked version) It's properly re-pointed yet for some reason, when I start of the game to see it, no$gba (most recent version) the rom crashes after a single step. Any idea why?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
1. can i make new pokemon(sprites,cries,locations,moves and more) in pokemon RBY like in Pokemon Brown?

2. how i change the legendaries pokemon in RBY and GSC like shiny garydos to shiny celebi?

3. how i change the wild location of pokemon (cave,sea,grass)

4. do you have a program that change the all trainers pokemons in RBY and GSC?

5. Can i add more new maps in Pokemon RBY and GSC? if yes how?

6. can i add a script that allow me to get trainers pokemon? if yes how?

7. i need the best Pokemon RBY and GSC text

8. i need great tutorials of Pokemon RBY and GSC like add new ingame pokemon trade, trainer give me new pokemon and more

thank you!

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
I personally feel like the biggest noob ever for not knowing why this is happening but:

I insert an indexed sprite via unlz.gba (hacked version) It's properly re-pointed yet for some reason, when I start of the game to see it, no$gba (most recent version) the rom crashes after a single step. Any idea why?

Switch to VBA. Even if it doesn't solve your problem, you've upgraded to a better emulator so you've got a win - win situation right there.

pghahaha

Beware of Hippopotas!
Years
Hellllp!

I need help! How do you edit the BACKS of pokemon. I completely keep screwing up the front one when I try!:disappoin

Hiche

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Bumping this to the new page.

I'm not sure, seeing as I haven't familiarized myself with ASM on Pokémon ROMs, but I suggest looking at Hackmew's ASM tutorial, maybe? Maybe you're missing a contruct or whatever.

howieho

Beginner Rom Hacker
Years
Is there a tutorial on editing moves? I mean the actuall in-battle moves. How would I edit the animations for an attack?

Years
You can edit the graphics, but not their movements, yet.
-----------------------
Ok. So, I ran to XSE. Here is the script now.
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x80011A
lock
faceplayer
callasm 0x8800006
buffernumber 0x0 LASTRESULT
msgbox 0x8800130 MSG_FACE '"Hey, that Pokemon's ID Number\nis[..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800130
= Hey, that Pokemon's ID Number\nis[.]\l[buffer1]!

When I talk to the person, the game resets. It's more than before, but an undesired result. Now what?
Of coure it's possible, we just haven't found out how to.

And the problem there is obviously in the ASM. Are you sure you compiled it, etc., properly?

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2012
help

Can someone send me the link for a-trainer cause iv searched every where :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back