• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite main female companion

Who is your favorite main female companion in the anime?

• Misty (OS)

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • May (AG)

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Dawn (DP)

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • Iris (BW)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Serena (XY)

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • Lillie (SM)

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Yeah, I think it would be better if you use the English name, guys.

Sorry kinda used to referring to them by their Japanese names{XD}

I still think that both Lana and Mallow should be included in the poll tho... they are still part of the supporting cast just like Lillie is.

Or remove Lillie on the poll altogether, since she's not really a companion per se.

Years

I still think that both Lana and Mallow should be included in the poll tho... they are still part of the supporting cast just like Lillie is.

Or remove Lillie on the poll altogether, since she's not really a companion per se.

Haha it's ok, don't worry! As for the poll, I agree with you!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019

Finally another person that doesnt consider lillie as a main girl companion! <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019

Lillie's on the same level of importance as the main female companions from previous series. She gets significantly more focus than Mallow or Lana do.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Lillie's on the same level of importance as the main female companions from previous series. She gets significantly more focus than Mallow or Lana do.

Its hard to say she's the main when all three have had about an equal amount of air time and character development so far in the series. The reason I agree with you though that Lillie is the main lead is the fact she's related to the chief rival to Ash in Gladion(her brother) and the chief antagonist in the series in Lusamine(her Mother) and Aether Foundation. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the Sun and Moon hasn't really begun and is why I feel she should be excluded from this list due to the fact Sun and Moon is not even finished with its first season. By the time Sun and Moon ends, we will have a far different opinion on Lillie as a character.

Years
I voted Iris. She and Misty both have the qualities that I prefer. I'm up for a lady who can make me laugh, who will tease you, try to one-up you and may even be a bit flighty. I like them colorful and fiesty, and feel as though too many of Ash's female friends are Mary Sues.

I really could have gone either way with the two aforementioned heroines, but gave Iris the edge because I find her relationship with Dryden endearing. She works with my favorite species of Pokemon dragons and she became champion in game, has an amazing battle theme and put up a pretty good fight-- I think she was stronger than Alder who became before her and Diantha who came after. I know this thread is more about the anime, but just saying I like her in all formats!

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Dawn participated in the best series of the anime, and had my favorite team. Plus, she actually did stuff. Her contests were far more interesting than May's imo, and Serena's thing that I can't remember the name of was a waste of an episode every time it showed up. Misty is kinda just there, Iris is kinda just there but with more personality, and Lillie hasn't actually done anything yet. Plus I just liked her character.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Misty was a really great character and her personality was done to earth, she was the best female character the anime ever had, the show hasn't been the same since she left.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Top 3 so far doesn't surprise me. Serena is extremely popular and holds the top spot with Misty and Dawn taking up 2nd and 3rd place respectively. What is surprising is what little support May is getting. Is it because she was the character that replaced the beloved Misty or was it some other reason that I'm unaware of.

Years
Top 3 so far doesn't surprise me. Serena is extremely popular and holds the top spot with Misty and Dawn taking up 2nd and 3rd place respectively. What is surprising is what little support May is getting. Is it because she was the character that replaced the beloved Misty or was it some other reason that I'm unaware of.

I think the likely reason behind the distaste towards May might be because she was the one who replaced Misty, which in turn caused many people to want to ditch the anime when AG started.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Misty, honestly, has always been, and always will be, my favorite. I have a huge redhead bias, as is, but beyond that I like her personality and how she chills out over the course of the series. That's all I really have to say about her.

May is great, too, I like how different she is in contrast to Misty, but the same in a few aspects.

Dawn is...eh. Okay. I never really liked her. I don't know why. Guess the dub just ruined her for me? I found her and her Piplup very annoying, tbh.

I found Iris okay. I didn't like how they tried to make her like Misty, but yolo.

Serena was great, though. Nice change from most of the tomboy protagonists and I don't really care if she was just there to be a satellite love interest, tbh. I was fine.

And um Lillie isn't really a travel companion to Ash. I'll skip commenting on that one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I think the likely reason behind the distaste towards May might be because she was the one who replaced Misty, which in turn caused many people to want to ditch the anime when AG started.

Pretty much. On top of that, what the show did with May is widely considered to have been done better with Dawn and Serena, which is why you're seeing far more votes for those characters.

I think some of it is also connected to the sagas themselves. OS has always been popular (particularly the Kanto/Orange half), and the same goes for DP and XY (which heavily appeal to people who want a serious/mature/competent Ash). On the flipside, AG is mostly forgotten (and seen as being kind of mediocre), while BW is outright hated.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pretty much. On top of that, what the show did with May is widely considered to have been done better with Dawn and Serena, which is why you're seeing far more votes for those characters.

I think some of it is also connected to the sagas themselves. OS has always been popular (particularly the Kanto/Orange half), and the same goes for DP and XY (which heavily appeal to people who want a serious/mature/competent Ash). On the flipside, AG is mostly forgotten (and seen as being kind of mediocre), while BW is outright hated.

Yet Iris has more votes than May does so far. As for BW being outright hated, while they indeed botched many aspects of the series, the core of it revolved around battling. Compare that to Sun and Moon where it revolves around a Pokemon School. Aether arc better be really good or SM is likely to take the #1 spot in terms of being hated by the fanbase.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I guess the only reason you're not counting her is because the SM group doesn't travel and are instead holed down in that annoying school.

That's pretty much why, I suppose. None of them really travel with Ash, so...

I'll refrain from commenting on the school comment.

Back