• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Could we do something like Smogon's CCAT? Idk, it just seems that we're so dead.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Could we do something like Smogon's CCAT? Idk, it just seems that we're so dead.

I never like the "we're so inactive/dead" talk because it seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. It's typically much more productive to just work to make things more active (as something like a CCAT could do). I don't mean to nitpick at a suggestion post, but people have left because of defeatist tendencies before. Just food for thought I guess. :x

Anyhow, CCAT just depends on if people want to do it. I honestly don't think any problems from the thread D_A posted will come up again as I would like to think that we're significantly more mature and less prone to random flame wars (see: the last few pages of that thread) than before. I certainly don't have any problem with reviving a community team thing. We can always lock it if something goes horribly wrong (unlikely). It will probably be easier to tell if people want to do it once the server is back up. It's not like asking around is a requirement but it probably is a good idea to make sure that people actually want to do it so that we don't have another "let's make a CAP" thing going on, lol.

Years
I think a CCAT would be a blast.
All we really need is someone with the time and creativity to set up an op. If you build it, they will come.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
hey, sorry to interrupt, but why is nobody ever on the server? it's saturday yo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hey, sorry to interrupt, but why is nobody ever on the server? it's saturday yo.

Uhhh because the server is down for most of us. Apparently it works for some but otherwise is down for the rest of us, so yeah. I'd be on but yeaaaaah no access.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh hey server is back up idk for how long though, since nobody posted anything about it SO I CAN ASSUME it was offline all of today :3

Also lunis, you totally should use PO as Vapor explained, it's really awesome. :) We could use more regulars!

Years
Oh hey server is back up idk for how long though, since nobody posted anything about it SO I CAN ASSUME it was offline all of today :3

Also lunis, you totally should use PO as Vapor explained, it's really awesome. :) We could use more regulars!

Ill check it out ^_^ though im sure ill need help, im not the greatest with computers. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks, lol

Well im officially apart of PO. Now

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
Everyone go on PO now cos its back up

Regards, Cute_Azelf

^____^

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
2 questions. Is there any pokemon that hard counter hydration vaporeon and is thier a pokemon that beats all venasaur sets (or checks them) and can check rain teams? if not then a core of them.

Years
2 questions. Is there any pokemon that hard counter hydration vaporeon and is thier a pokemon that beats all venasaur sets (or checks them) and can check rain teams? if not then a core of them.

Vaporeon usually has a hard time with guys like Ferrothorn and Skarmory, as Leech Seed wrecks it and it doesn't have anything to really hit Skarm with. Other bulky SpD-oriented pokes that can survive an Ice Beam or two will mess with it as well.

Unless it packs Earthquake or HP Fighting, Heatran can usually handle Venusaur, although Eviolite Chansey/Bliss may be a safer bet if it has a ground move.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Vaporeon usually has a hard time with guys like Ferrothorn and Skarmory, as Leech Seed wrecks it and it doesn't have anything to really hit Skarm with. Other bulky SpD-oriented pokes that can survive an Ice Beam or two will mess with it as well.

Unless it packs Earthquake or HP Fighting, Heatran can usually handle Venusaur, although Eviolite Chansey/Bliss may be a safer bet if it has a ground move.

Doesn't Skarmory get hit pretty hard by a rain-boosted Scald from Vaporeon? (and possibly risk a burn from it)

Volcarona can handle Venusaur too, since it can set up Quiver Dance, then hit it hard with Fire Blast. It also has Hurricane if it's against a Rain team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back