• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
thanks, some of those are actually great ^.^ thanks (i'll still post the ones i've made/edited to be bigger)

1) what kind of music are you looking for?

2) yes, you can also edit what directions are movable on each tileset

with the way that the map conections are nnow set up, does that mean that i can have 2 maps conected on the same side of one, as long as they don't over lap?

1.Basic over wrld music and such.

2.great, problem solved.

And geez I still cant get a solid way to stop these 2 maps from touching,

I think they somehow run into eachother. (maybe they need to be in different folders or something?)

Years
Hi,

I have a problem with the map connections. I'm trying to make my caterpillar work with it but when I go from a map to another, the images of the caterpillar members are not deleted on the previous map.
Someone knows how I could erase these moved events?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
1.Basic over wrld music and such.

2.great, problem solved.

I think they somehow run into eachother. (maybe they need to be in different folders or something?)

what do you mean "i still can't get a solid way to stop these 2 maps from tuching"

and i have this problem-
Whenever my player is at a point where they can see 4 maps (the one they are on, plus 3, example: north side, west side, and the one that also conects them) the map that isn't directly conected to the on that you are on slides, or sometimes doesn't show up at all.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I'm wondering where I can find a chart of some kind for these 4 digit color codes that the message system uses. I've searched quite a bit, but I can't find them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
This is what I do:
Take your colour in hexadecimal format: for example, FFCC00, or the decimal equivalent, 255/204/0
Open the calculator app.
Switch to Scientific mode (View -> Scientific).
Making sure the appropriate base (hex or dec) is selected, type the first part of the number, i.e. 255 or FF, to the nearest multiple of 8 below 256, which is 248.
Divide by 8, and then check the Bin checkbox. You should see a string of 5 1s or 0s. Write this down somewhere.
Repeat for the green and blue values.
Then, still in binary, type the values as one number in order:
Then click the Hex checkbox.
This is your code (7F40 in this example).
This is what I used, but there's probably an easier way. At least it works.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011

go into the folder PBS, then open the file connections.txt then find the lines that are connecting those two maps e.g
Code:
# Town (1) - Route (2)
2,South,0,7,North,2
and delete those lines
or failing that delete the entire contents of that file an remake all your connections

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
How do i make one battle, if the hero lose the continue playing normally...
(like the rivals battle)
Please answer!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I just encountered an issue with my game. I want to generate a wild pokemon battle, using script pbWildBattle(X,Y,V,C). I would like it to be a battle in which the player can't run away, so set the "C" to false. However, I'm still able to "stay away safely" in the game. What's wrong with my script? Besides, how to make that POKEMON un-catchable? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could tell me how to deal with this issue, thanks.

No one knows how to set a wild battle?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2009
Is there a way to add a Pokeball symbol next to a wild Pokemon's name if you have already caught that Pokemon? Thanks in advance.

Years
Yes, that's possible. Go at the line 416 in PokeBattle_ActualScene. There must be "class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper". Replace that script by :

Spoiler:

If u want to change the position of the image, modify pbCopyBitmap(self.bitmap,@pokeball,@spritebaseX+5,@spritebaseY+25) if $Trainer.owned[battler.species].
If u want to change the pic, modify @pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png").

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Is there a way to make a growing event? kind of like the berry stuff in ruby/sapphire?

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Is there a way to make a growing event? kind of like the berry stuff in ruby/sapphire?

Yes, i belive i saw something about it in the Notes, some where around the Day/Night section, said something about events that happen on certain days.... (correct me if i am incorrect though)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Yes, i belive i saw something about it in the Notes, some where around the Day/Night section, said something about events that happen on certain days.... (correct me if i am incorrect though)

No, it has a script for trees like in gold/silver/crystal. i wanted to know if it was possable to make a berry event. where the character plants a berry in the ground, and after a set amount of time, the berry turns into a sapling, then a tree, then sprouts berries.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: Can someone help? Whenever I connect a Map with Fogs on it (and both of them have the same fog)the other map does not show the fog until I go in it. Can someone help?

Years
How do you Do This(Picture in attachments)

Uh? That's a basis in the scripts... U put an event for the pokemon when the player select a pokeball. In the event, u add a command "Put an image" and after a command "Make a choice" (I dont know if this is the right command, I have a french version, anyway, u have to propose a choice to the player with this command).
The choice is YES or NO.

Then, if it is yes, u put a condition with the script Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::YOURPOKEMON,HISLEVEL) and u activate a local switch A in this event. Add also the scripts pbSetSelfSwitch(numberoftheevent,"A",true), to activate a switch on the events for the other two pokemon (this part is not a basis, I agree :p), in such a way the player cannot take it when his has made his choice.

If it is no, u do nothing.
After the choice, u delete the image and that's done, your event is complete.

When I say u activate switches, it means u must create new pages on the different events with the image of the pokeballs and with the condition "Switch A is activated" and u can put a text like "U have already a pokemon. The others are the property of Prof...", or whatever u want.

Years
Hi,

I have a problem with the map connections. I'm trying to make my caterpillar work with it but when I go from a map to another, the images of the caterpillar members are not deleted on the previous map.
Someone knows how I could erase these moved events?

Nobody knows the answer? :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
How do you Do This(Picture in attachments)
And Change the trainer Graphic in the Intro?

take the event you want it to appear in, at the very beginning of the event (if you want the event to be there the hole time) insert a "show picture" command and at the end of it, put "erase picture" (remember, that they both have to be set to the same picture/event)

this is the easy way of doing it, i have a bunch of the pictures with the border already on them so that it's easy. ^.^ they are all the ones from fire red. want me to post them?

(by the way, i just did this in my own game, glad to see someone else that wanted to do it :D)

Nobody knows the answer? :/

how are you doing the caterpillar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back