• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Get-Together Pixel Art Event! (Results)

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
How that placed at all is beyond me. .
Probably because it was a fair bit better than yours. I am getting seriously sick of your attitude. This contest was supposed to be fun and friendly. Vesper's style was cute, quirky and pushed different techniques. It was a more original idea than yours and was executed better. If you're going to act like this when you don't get your way then I seriously suggest you avoid future pixel art contests.

Congrats to the winners and the judges, and to everyone who entered (even the ones who done the wrong thing, you still made an effort) Hopefully some of you will now come over to the main monthly Pixel art contests in the near future. :]

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
By Fox, "to everyone who entered (even the ones who done the wrong thing, you still made an effort)"
does that mean they get an emblem?:P
i mean the participation one as you said before.

Years
Ew. I don't even know what that second place one is. ¬_¬ How that placed at all is beyond me. .

Oh, no, I can tell what it is now that I've gotten a closer look. No worries about that. But it's still hideously done.​

I don't quite get how stating my opinion is hypocritical, but whatever floats your boat, hunny.​
Sorry for this reply, but I can't just not express my anger when I was reading over these comments.

Who the hell are you to say anything like that?
I have seen your art and it looks like it was drawn by someone who doesn't understand the concept of drawing.
It doesn't matter if it is your opinion. I think your drawings are poor, but I don't say that do I.

You know why people don't say it? Because there is such a thing called respect.
As a community, everyone respects peoples work. They have put a lot of time and effort into it.
I, for one, think that the second place piece is well deserved.

Congratulations to the placed entries and well done to everyone who entered!

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
lolwut

Alright you guys
enough xDDD;;
As much as I ~love~ conflict

I think you should all put away those flamethrowers
sit down for a nice cup of tea
and congratulate me on my GLORIOUS VICTORY U:<

oh yeah congratulate the others too i guess /GTFO rey

o3o;;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Ew. I don't even know what that second place one is. ¬_¬ How that placed at all is beyond me. .​
I'd assume it was the use of a very familiar shape (apple?) to portray a very accurate depiction of an official Pokemon sprite. Not to mention the extensive use of shading and aesthetically pleasing curves and lines to create something that is nearly flawless. If it had been bigger and more detailed, I would say it should've won first.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years

I'd assume it was the use of a very familiar shape (apple?) to portray a very accurate depiction of an official Pokemon sprite. Not to mention the extensive use of shading and aesthetically pleasing curves and lines to create something that is nearly flawless. If it had been bigger and more detailed, I would say it should've won first.
Actually, my sprite's a Cherubi during the autumn/fall, but it doesn't matter much.

Bigger? ;o If I'd known that, I would've made it that way. D; Actually, it's just that size because I was sort of making it a battle sprite for a Pokémon game, but meh.

And thanks. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Actually, my sprite's a Cherubi during the autumn/fall, but it doesn't matter much.

Bigger? ;o If I'd known that, I would've made it that way. D; Actually, it's just that size because I was sort of making it a battle sprite for a Pokémon game, but meh.

And thanks. :)
Oh rofl I knew it was a Cherubi but it was shaped like an apple. And I don't really mean like huge. It could still be battle sprite size, only the current size makes it look simpler than it is.

engage'

a new horizon
Years
CALM DOWN PLEASE; :<
It's just a fun competition, no need to start a debate.

Congratulations to all the participants, and great work.

Back