• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Celestium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

Cool looking piccies and looking forward :D

Trainer name: Auron
Before Battle: hmph weakling
Defeat: Just a fluke
After Battle: go away!

Thanks. I like the Trainer name. Though I'm going to adjust the text (not long enough).

Trainer name: Ace Trainer(?) Alex
Before Battle: This Battle is over
Defeat: Like I said!
After Battle: Wait, I lost?
~Feel free to change whatever buddy ;P
--------------

The screenshots look promising, the cave is eh, low mountains?
oh wait i should read the story to.
Wait a second, i remember this xD still it is good,
Good luck!
ill be keeping out for this

Thanks man. I think I'm going to adjust the text on your trainer as well, short text looks lazy.

Ooh, sounds like fun!
Name: Smuggler (That bandit guy with the sack of Pokeballs over his shoulder) Jerome
Before: Yo, my homeboy! Lemme hold a dollar!
Defeat: Yo man, that ain't mush!
After: Can I still get that dollar?

Sounds good. I'll use this :)

Nice maps Alignment! But maybe you should replace
the FR grass with HGSS grass maybe?

Anyways, i hope to see more on scripting cause I
can see that the maps look great and I hope that
the scripts are the same..

Trainer name: Nasonex (Guitarist) the trainer with the guitar? i don't know his name.. >.<
Before Battle: I am at the top of the world!
Defeat: Why? Did I fall or something?
After Battle: Oh... I never got to the top...

My scripts are actually pretty good (in comparison with other hacks I've played). I'll make a video of a script soon. Look in my video section in the main thread (It's a link to the adopt a Pokemon thing). I'll make another soon. I like you trainer thing, I'll use it :)

Hai hai, good stuff there Alignment.
By the way, you have tile errors in this screen (misplaced the chairs).
2h6zfad.jpg

Also, about trainers:

Trainer name: Barry (preferably a hiker)
Before Battle: Hey! do you like hiking, too?
Defeat: Guess not!
After Battle: I can see that you are more keen on battling than hiking.

Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't even notice while playing myself :P
I'll see what I can do with the hiker. Fault Cavern is pretty nice with the amount of hikers there is, but I'll add one just outside ;D

Gyms have basically died out? I think I died a little on the inside... D:

I don't know why I didn't realise this earlier, bu the sign's pallete isn't that great. I know that you're using the mountain pallete on the sign, and believe me it looks great on the mountain, but the colours you have used for the sign remind me of a big pile of poo. Don't swap the palletes or anything, just use some of the lighter colours to make it look nicer :D

Trainer name: Dez - (Scientist pl0x)
Before Battle: Do you know about the soil composition around here?
Defeat: Why doesn't anybody give a hoot about soil anymore?
After Battle: I think I lost my notes...

Well, the only reason there is a Gym in this town is because Smash master won't give you the HM until you beat the leader. I see what you're saying about the sign, you want it lighter right?

I like the name trainer idea ;D

Updates:

2gxqq1h.jpg

The guy outside the gym. Can't have a gym without 'em.

oata4n.jpg

I skipped the rest of the gym, don't want to spoil. OW is changing, also the gym tiles, maybe.

19tspi.jpg

After I win. You could guess the gym element off this. Plus the fact it's the Flare Badge :P (For which I'm going to make a custom badge symbol.

2dnbs6.jpg

After the gym.

2646ipy.jpg

After you beat the gym and exit

2zh0he1.jpg

Probably going to be the first place you encounter high Emon activity. I've already planned everything for this. You're going to have to get through Lost forest first.

My Pokemon team at this point was:
Charmeleon Lvl 19
Diglett Lvl 7
Staryu Lvl 15
I didn't do any level grinding, and I adopted the Staryu ;D
Diglett is my Rock Smash minion by the way.

I also plan on taking away trade evolutions so you could evolve Pokemon without the need to trade. I kind of want to put in complete evolutions of all the Kanto Pokemon. This includes Pokemon like Igglybuff and Electrivire. Just the ones that are evolutions based on Kanto Pokemon.
Your thoughts about those?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll take in about 2-3 more trainers, and that should be it.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Wow Alignment, I'm really impressed! Very nice
Updates. Now I know that you're a great advance
scripter.

I'm seeing that your progress is going very well. I
wonder what the gym holds for us? >:)

I like the looks of the gym. It's kinda metallic/machine
or modern theme? I based it on the way it looks and
the color of the metals, gray...

Anyways, another two thumbs up for this man! (b' ')b

I hope to see more and Good luck on this! :D

EDIT: And Thank you for also choosing my trainer! Appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Nice work dude!
The tiles and palettes are great! Especially the cave ones.
And so is that wicked intro screen :]
The Hp bars may also need some palette editing, but it still looks good
that way. Keep it up =)

And oh I almost forgot =)
Trainer name: Ralph
Before Battle: Oh, a kid. An easy win.
Defeat: I didn't see that one coming...
After Battle: I lost because i wasn't really looking..

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I counted on you in the very beginning, and I feel I was right ;)
This will definitely be one of the hacks to play :)

Also, that gym looks like "trainer-free".
Are there going to be trainers in gyms ?
If so, it'd be awesome if there were for example two trainers in that gym (instead of one) because that way it wouldn't look like Brock's place (if the map is even originally Pewter Gym)...doing this many assumptions just sounds weird...

Anyway, to do so, you'd have to repoint Event Data, and possibly re-create the events (=how many warps, signposts, people are there + data for those (like picture numbers, script pointers etc.)). Also, I'm not sure how it works in advance-games but that's the way it's done in G/S/C.

Well, that's just an idea but would make the game look a lot better (and make others know you are a hacker !) :D

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Wow Alignment, I'm really impressed! Very nice
Updates. Now I know that you're a great advance
scripter.

I'm seeing that your progress is going very well. I
wonder what the gym holds for us? >:)

I like the looks of the gym. It's kinda metallic/machine
or modern theme? I based it on the way it looks and
the color of the metals, gray...

Anyways, another two thumbs up for this man! (b' ')b

I hope to see more and Good luck on this! :D

EDIT: And Thank you for also choosing my trainer! Appreciate it! :)

Thanks for supporting. The Gym is a more maze type thing than a big rectangle. As for the trainer, I should be thanking you. It usually takes me a good ten minutes to think of something a trainer should say (that doesn't sound cliche).

Nice work dude!
The tiles and palettes are great! Especially the cave ones.
And so is that wicked intro screen :]
The Hp bars may also need some palette editing, but it still looks good
that way. Keep it up =)

And oh I almost forgot =)
Trainer name: Ralph
Before Battle: It's just a kid!\nAnother easy win that 'ain't\lworth my time.
Defeat: I didn't see that one coming...
After Battle: I lost because i wasn't really looking..

Thanks for the support. I feel good inside when someone compliments the tiles I made :P
As for the HP box, it's pal is already edited to be brighter. I could dull it if you want, but TB[pro] did it like that.
Oh and thanks for the trainer thing, I edited the before battle a touch in the quote though :)

I counted on you in the very beginning, and I feel I was right ;)
This will definitely be one of the hacks to play :)

Also, that gym looks like "trainer-free".
Are there going to be trainers in gyms ?
If so, it'd be awesome if there were for example two trainers in that gym (instead of one) because that way it wouldn't look like Brock's place (if the map is even originally Pewter Gym)...doing this many assumptions just sounds weird...

Anyway, to do so, you'd have to repoint Event Data, and possibly re-create the events (=how many warps, signposts, people are there + data for those (like picture numbers, script pointers etc.)). Also, I'm not sure how it works in advance-games but that's the way it's done in G/S/C.

Well, that's just an idea but would make the game look a lot better (and make others know you are a hacker !) :D

Thanks, I appreciate the support. There are actually four trainer (apart from the leader), and the guy who gives you tips about the gym.
Well it's not that hard in Fire Red, lol. All I need to do is script them, changing the number of person events in A-map isn't hard at all.

It's actually an edited Viridean City Gym (Though it looks nothing like it).

Pic:
9pnqmw.png

EDIT: Yay for second page :D

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
I like the gym, It kinda reminds me of lavaridge gym and
saffron gym which has many warps. And your choice of
tiles for the gym is also great!

But there's something bugging my mind, it seems to me
that it'll be easy to get to the gym leader because of
simple patterned warps. I have a suggestion though,
you can make it like a two floor gym or a big gym like
saffrons' so that it will really be a maze like gym to
add a little spice to the game. :D

Anyways, Very nice update and I'll be sure to look onto
the next Update! Good Luck Alignment! :P

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I like the gym, It kinda reminds me of lavaridge gym and
saffron gym which has many warps. And your choice of
tiles for the gym is also great!

But there's something bugging my mind, it seems to me
that it'll be easy to get to the gym leader because of
simple patterned warps. I have a suggestion though,
you can make it like a two floor gym or a big gym like
saffrons' so that it will really be a maze like gym to
add a little spice to the game. :D

Anyways, Very nice update and I'll be sure to look onto
the next Update! Good Luck Alignment! :P

Yay for comment ;D
Well, it is the first gym, so I don't want to make it too tricky. The first two and last trainer battles are mandatory and the third is not, so it's not easy to get the the leader. Pic of how it works:
2ufsiud.png

I thought I'd let you know the progress, scripting, mapping ect.:

Maps, scripts, events ect. :

Root Town - 100%
Route 1 - 100%
Cavern Pass - 100%
Fault Cavern - 100%
Route 2 -65% (Still need to add trainers)
Crosdon town - 100%
Route 3 - 100%
Lost Forest - 15% (I'm working on it)
Route 4 - 0%
Mayven Village - 0%
Route 5 - 0%

Sprites:
Overall - 45%
Yes, overall. There's too many sprites to go ahead and name.

When all of those hit 100 expect a beta ;D
Well that's not really considered an update. so here is one...

Updates:

2qvxche.jpg

The Gym leader is no Pushover. These are my Pokemon after the battle.

2dcick4.jpg

Fixed the carpet thing ;D

xlgnlg.jpg

This is a trainer script thing.

65x5bt.jpg

same as above.

notv13.jpg

Lost Forest.

I'm working on adding more of the trainers.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Alignment said:
2dcick4.jpg

Fixed the carpet thing ;D

I'm laughing at this pretty hard. In your previous screenshot you had a textbox which obscured the trees, but in this one its is revealed that once again you've used an incorrect tile. The trees are on shadows, whereas they should be on light patches XD

Also, judging from your other interior screen shots, I'm wondering why this one doesn't have a shadow running down the left side... I'll quit pointing out inaccurices and such now :x

Alignment said:
65x5bt.jpg

same as above.

I didn't say this before, but I really like the vibrant tree tiles and pallets - They just pop out at correspond with the grass really well. I'm also wondering wether you have the entrance to Lost Forest in this screenshot, since I can see some mildly different tree-shadowing. If it is your entrence, I'd advise you to make it more pronounced as at this point the player could easily walk by without noticing it Yes, I know there is a sign but I feel like my point still stands :<

Anyway, this is turning out be be a nice hack. I'll still be lurking in the shadows for moar :3

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm laughing at this pretty hard. In your previous screenshot you had a textbox which obscured the trees, but in this one its is revealed that once again you've used an incorrect tile. The trees are on shadows, whereas they should be on light patches XD

Also, judging from your other interior screen shots, I'm wondering why this one doesn't have a shadow running down the left side... I'll quit pointing out inaccurices and such now :x

I didn't say this before, but I really like the vibrant tree tiles and pallets - They just pop out at correspond with the grass really well. I'm also wondering wether you have the entrance to Lost Forest in this screenshot, since I can see some mildly different tree-shadowing. If it is your entrence, I'd advise you to make it more pronounced as at this point the player could easily walk by without noticing it Yes, I know there is a sign but I feel like my point still stands :<

Anyway, this is turning out be be a nice hack. I'll still be lurking in the shadows for moar :3

LOL, it's always the inside of houses that I miss :P

Thanks for the comments Dr.Fuji ;D

Sprite Updates:

OK, not really a sprite update. I was trying to make it look good, but didn't come out how I liked for it to have, so it's public D;
grasshead.png

I'm probably going to end up making back sprites for the Fakemon the in public section that I think have the most potential to be used by other people later.

Other Updates:

http://romhacktube.com/video/UBO5DXAKS8HB/Intro-bit
The only glitch is that Charmader goes over the hero (Which I've fixed ;D )
Some of you may have already seen it. Oh and Dr.Fuji's probably going to bash me for the black text :x

Also screens of Lost Forest, and Route 4 :

30d8do6.jpg

Lost forest random screenshot.

iw8615.jpg

2r7acmu.jpg

ta1mvr.jpg

2h6sxo1.jpg

Route five random screenshot.

6f5cn4.jpg

2hwz4mu.jpg

2hnmglg.jpg

I took the screenshot just before the YES NO box came up, so you can see everything.

I tried to make Lost Forest and Route 5 a little more laid back, because next is Mayven village, where the real action's going to start ;D
If you noticed, the pals are a tad toned down because it's cloudy.

Oh and I added a couple of the trainers from the trainer application thing, I just forgot to take screens of that ;D
I'll update the first post now.

EDIT: I've been keeping track, if you counted all the screenshots (not including sprites), I've taken a total of 50 ;D

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
About the sprite. I think that it's a pretty well made sprite. You should improve the arms a little bit, and maybe use it.

For the flowers, maybe a darker shade of blue? And the wild grass of Lost Forest should match up with the palettes you've used for the trees. So I suggest changing the palettes of the wild grass, with another grass tile and same behavior byte. Everything else looks really awesome.
I can't wait to see some scripts. I hope you update as soon as I post this. >:U

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
This idea seems really great.
The plot is thoughtful, though Emon sounds a bit weird.
Though I think you should improvise more on the "Emon."
I mean, if they are from another planet or something, it would be a completely different habitat. Unless you are assuming that the atmospheric and climatic conditions on Tyes are basically the same as on Earth, I suggest you change the Fakemon a bit. Speaking of Fakemon, your sprites need a little work. The excessive black outline makes it look flat, so change that. Other than that, it looks really professional.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
About the sprite. I think that it's a pretty well made sprite. You should improve the arms a little bit, and maybe use it.

For the flowers, maybe a darker shade of blue? And the wild grass of Lost Forest should match up with the palettes you've used for the trees. So I suggest changing the palettes of the wild grass, with another grass tile and same behavior byte. Everything else looks really awesome.
I can't wait to see some scripts. I hope you update as soon as I post this. >:U

It looks too weak to be an Emon to be honest... :/

I actually was thinking the same about the flowers, but then it doesn't really fit in with the 'bright' theme in the beginning. Yeah I actually have another grass tile inserted. Would you rather the HGSS grass in there or the FR grass with a different Pal?

Thanks for the comments, and critic.

This idea seems really great.
The plot is thoughtful, though Emon sounds a bit weird.
Though I think you should improvise more on the "Emon."
I mean, if they are from another planet or something, it would be a completely different habitat. Unless you are assuming that the atmospheric and climatic conditions on Tyes are basically the same as on Earth, I suggest you change the Fakemon a bit. Speaking of Fakemon, your sprites need a little work. The excessive black outline makes it look flat, so change that. Other than that, it looks really professional.

It's not very often someone actually decides to read the story instead of solely judging by the screenshots. I don't want to deviate too much from the 'Pokemon' style. I think if I were to make them more sinister they wouldn't really fit in with the FR sprites and all. I know what you're saying about teh outline, I guess I should go ahead and take a second look on those sprites, thanks for the critic ;D

So I've been working at this for a pretty long while recently. As some of you might have heard, my ROM actually crashed on Friday (not really crashed but got screwed up pretty damn badly). It was kind of my fault actually. I accidentally used Amap 1.90 to map instead of the usually 1.92. Yeah, you can guess what happened after that. My back up was over a month old and I honestly felt like quitting the project at the time. Luckily I decided to go ahead and play Pokemon Sienna. That pretty much motivated me to just update the month old back up and I stopped playing after the gay reference from the Celadon city gym.

That's about how it's been with Celestium's progress. i need up update the first post soon as well.

Sprite Updates:

OK, so I made a WIP of the hero and a possible Emon. They both need some heavy work before I actually use them.

jhga5f.jpg

Not sure if you can see that clearly, well it is Jpeg...I need to fix up the arms too.

2qnxjq1.jpg

Might've seen this one on one of TB pro's signatures.

Other updates:

So I realized how long it's been since I last updates to this'll be somewhat bigger than the future updates ;D

2m81vcx.jpg

Took the screen right before the menu popped up

21jrnet.jpg

From now on I'm going to only comment certain screens ;D

so0rjs.jpg

axmdg1.jpg

Another script in Mayven

11skxs7.jpg

There's actually much more but I just didn't feel like taking 100 screens of the same event.

6rr5m1.jpg

Maybe if you can 'CUT' the lock *hint hint* ;D

dyook4.jpg

2utqp6q.jpg

I don't want to ruin too much, so lets move on ;D

4si52w.jpg

Hegotbeatup *cough*

2mpbg5u.jpg

We saw him back in Mayven too, but he didn't see you...

dqq0d2.jpg

svtlrb.jpg

2vdscn4.jpg

2hwpt1y.jpg

xeehop.jpg

r08kqt.jpg

2hojpkm.jpg

That's all for screenshots folks ;D
Until I get more done atleast. Before someone even suggests it, no this is not an evil team (yes OWs need to be made still). I actually like the Cave tiles here, but if you have any complaints go ahead and speak 'em ;D

EDIT: Credits to Dewitty for the red house.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Making tons of backups is always a good idea...

Anyway, I don't know how corruped your main rom got but perhaps you could transfer some data from it to the older one that you're working on right now.
To do so, I'd suggest you to use Notepad (it's not that simple as notepad shows the bytes as some odd marks but you should be able to find the right spot if you make the rom even more glitched up by for example replacing all data in front of the offset you want to copy & paste to your older rom with one single byte (like 00)).

Not sure if I made sense but here is an example.
Let's say you want to transfer the data between offsets 0x19000 & 0x19A00 to your older rom.
First open the corrupted rom with hex editor and go to some offset in front of 19000 and re-write all the bytes with 00's and do the same at 19A01 -->.
Then, you should be able to find the right spot in Notepad where you just copy all the odd marks between the ones shown as 00 and paste them to the same spot in your older rom.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
@Alignment
Alright, that sounds okay. Just be sure to make your ideas original.
As for the EMon, why don't you make them look a lot stronger? Or are they the "look weak but are strong" types?
Screenshots look cool, do you plan on changing the grass and flowers?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Making tons of backups is always a good idea...

Anyway, I don't know how corruped your main rom got but perhaps you could transfer some data from it to the older one that you're working on right now.
To do so, I'd suggest you to use Notepad (it's not that simple as notepad shows the bytes as some odd marks but you should be able to find the right spot if you make the rom even more glitched up by for example replacing all data in front of the offset you want to copy & paste to your older rom with one single byte (like 00)).

Not sure if I made sense but here is an example.
Let's say you want to transfer the data between offsets 0x19000 & 0x19A00 to your older rom.
First open the corrupted rom with hex editor and go to some offset in front of 19000 and re-write all the bytes with 00's and do the same at 19A01 -->.
Then, you should be able to find the right spot in Notepad where you just copy all the odd marks between the ones shown as 00 and paste them to the same spot in your older rom.

Too late for that. I've already updated the back up, but thanks for the effort. Those wierd numbers & letters, I'm sure are probably in binary as well (called ASCII) ;)

Also isn't doing that the same as copying the data from the back up to the corrupted ROM?

@Alignment
Alright, that sounds okay. Just be sure to make your ideas original.
As for the EMon, why don't you make them look a lot stronger? Or are they the "look weak but are strong" types?
Screenshots look cool, do you plan on changing the grass and flowers?

Yeah, I try to make my Fakemon have original concepts. They're more 'Some are weak looking and strong'. Then there are some that are 'Strong looking' and are amazingly strong :)

I'm debating on making an Emon-legendary type thing. It's definitely going to be quite the task if I decide to do so :/

Actually the term 'Emon' had a much more deeper meaning like Pokemon. But I honestly forgot D:
-----------------

Since last time, my idea of when to release a beta has changed. The duration of the hack so far is about 1 hour and 10 mins if you play at 350-400%. My team of 3 at the end of the current length were:
Charmeleon : Level 24
Grimer: Level 18
Oddish: Level 15
Geodude: Level 7 (HM rock smash slave :3)

So I've decided that it's going to be longer (until the point where you come face to face with your first Emon and fight it, as well as complete another Gym trial (in the form of a side quest)).

In terms of scripting and mapping here is the progress:

Root Town - 100%
Route 1 - 100%
Cavern Pass - 100%
Fault Cavern - 100%
Route 2 - 100%
Crosdon Town - 100% (1st gym)
Route 3 - 100%
Lost Forest - 90% (need to get new grass for it)
Route 4 - 100%
Mayven Village - 100% (2nd gym)
Route 5 - 90% (add one more trainer)
[Yet to come up with a name] mountain - 40% (Still need to finish the scripting and a couple more smaller maps inside it.)
Ravenna City - 0% (still an idea lol. Well the beta will end once you reach here).

Thanks for all the support guys. I'll come up with some more updates this week :)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

I love those cave tiles, did you make them yourself, because I love it when people make their own tiles for their hacks, it makes them more original!!!!!

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years

The forest, cave and gym look really awesome 0_0

Trainer name: Youngster Joey
Before Battle: My Ratatta is, like, wait...where's my Ratatta?
Pokemon used: Pidgey
Defeat: Grrr, forgot I traded it!
After Battle: My Pidgey is in the top percentage of Pidgey!

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Altariaking's Youngster Joey is a silly goose. Anyways, this project looks really well-made, and I had to double-take when I saw the picture of the hero healing in a spring. Mother 3 Reference, maybe?

CuteBunny

her HEART..♡
Years
The hack looks promising, though the palette of the flowers bothers me. And I really don't know why! But overall the updates are amazing. :>

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
This hack is looking pretty good, it seems like it's going to be very good when it's finished, I liked the pokemon adoption, and your cave tiles just ROX they look very nice,and I liked the Gym, the Lavaridge Gym style are like my style. I'm looking forward for the fakemon, I luv fakemon >;D If they are good...

Signed~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back