• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
I've got an interesting question. I'd like to deactivate skipped gym trainers after the gym leader is defeated. I've tried setting them to a switch, "DefeatedLeader01" to no avail. How would I do this?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I've got an interesting question. I'd like to deactivate skipped gym trainers after the gym leader is defeated. I've tried setting them to a switch, "DefeatedLeader01" to no avail. How would I do this?

what do you mean by deactivate the skipped gym leader?

Hikari Swordsman

Scientist
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Herhm...I'm sorry, but I don't know this: how could you change the sprite from the male and female trainers.

I'm sorry if it doesn't sound nice...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I meant to deactivate the gyms trainers. Normally, if you skip the trainers in a gym and beat the gym leader, then you don't have to battle the trainers.

well, the switch thing should work, did you remember to set the switch to on at the end of the battle?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Now for my own question, how do you set weather a tree is high density or low density?

Years
Alright, here's what you asked for. Basically, the sand won't work on either the beach sand or the pathway sand. And for the reflection, it is only on the still water however still doesn't reflect.

helpkp8.png

and I noticed maybe that the bottom part of the wooden bridge might mess up the reflection, but it doesn't work anywhere xP

Well, are u sure u have made the part with the still water with one of the autotiles? There is still water inside the tilsets. U have to check if it has a number of tag of 6 or 7.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
That is simply because I have not implemented footprints in the sand. However, that is easy to implement. Look for the function "pbFieldMovementOnStepTaken" in the script section PokemonField. I would have implemented it, it's just that I don't have any sand footprint animations available.

Also, I have fixed a bug where surfing can end in the middle of a map. That's because the terrain tag was determined for the wrong tile. Replace "getFacingTile" method in the script section PokemonMap with the following;

Code:
 def getFacingTile(direction=nil)
  x=$game_player.x
  y=$game_player.y
  id=$game_map.map_id
  direction=$game_player.direction if direction==nil
  case direction
   when 2
    y+=1
   when 4
    x-=1
   when 6
    x+=1
   when 8
    y-=1
   else
    return [$game_map.map_id,x,y]
  end
  if $game_map.valid?(x,y)
  end
  conns=MapFactoryHelper.getMapConnections
  for conn in conns
   if conn[0]==id
    newX=(x+conn[4]-conn[1])
    newY=(y+conn[5]-conn[2])
    next if newX<0 || newY<0
    dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[3])
    next if x>=dims[0] || y>=dims[1]
    return [conn[3],newX,newY]
   elsif conn[3]==id
    newX=(x+conn[1]-conn[4])
    newY=(y+conn[2]-conn[5])
    next if newX<0 || newY<0
    dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[0])
    next if newX>=dims[0] || newY>=dims[1]
    return [conn[0],newX,newY]
   end
  end
  return nil
 end

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

291g8xt.png

And I need the diving charset too...

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2008
hi,im use the pokestarter a while...
how can I change the teleport?(I mean like Abra's teleport)
I want that the teleport send me to the closest pokemons center,not to the testing map.
oh,and how can I make that when you used fly it take you to the pokecenter of the city you've choose(the map.html didnt do anything,I can't press ok or wach the map after I've change her)

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
for the water thing, i see the problem, the 2 water tiles you have shown, one is marked 0 (which is the animated one, it should be marked 7 so that it actually gets to be water) and the other is marked 7 (which is the flat one, it should be marked 6 to get reflections)

as for the sand, if you are using the sand in the top row, then it's because it is marked as 0. change it to 3

and lastly, nice sign, i take it you are making your own tileset? and also, where on earth did you get the ash sprite? O.o i've been searching and can't find one. i've resulted to spriting my own stuff now (i have already sprited a team rocket, but i used the colors of the ones in pokemon orange)

Heh, thanks. I'll see what I can do ^_^

And thanks again. The signs are actually credited to Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset, which are purely amazing. A few tiles of mine or custom, but those belong to him. As for the Overworld, it's not Ash, just regularly a new Character XD Not sure who sprited but the guy it was made for is letting me use it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
That is simply because I have not implemented footprints in the sand. However, that is easy to implement. Look for the function "pbFieldMovementOnStepTaken" in the script section PokemonField. I would have implemented it, it's just that I don't have any sand footprint animations available.

Also, I have fixed a bug where surfing can end in the middle of a map. That's because the terrain tag was determined for the wrong tile. Replace "getFacingTile" method in the script section PokemonMap with the following;

Code:
 def getFacingTile(direction=nil)
  x=$game_player.x
  y=$game_player.y
  id=$game_map.map_id
  direction=$game_player.direction if direction==nil
  case direction
   when 2
    y+=1
   when 4
    x-=1
   when 6
    x+=1
   when 8
    y-=1
   else
  end
  if $game_map.valid?(x,y)
  end
  conns=MapFactoryHelper.getMapConnections
  for conn in conns
   if conn[0]==id
    newX=(x+conn[4]-conn[1])
    newY=(y+conn[5]-conn[2])
    next if newX<0 || newY<0
    dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[3])
    next if x>=dims[0] || y>=dims[1]
    return [conn[3],newX,newY]
   elsif conn[3]==id
    newX=(x+conn[1]-conn[4])
    newY=(y+conn[2]-conn[5])
    next if newX<0 || newY<0
    dims=MapFactoryHelper.getMapDims(conn[0])
    next if newX>=dims[0] || newY>=dims[1]
    return [conn[0],newX,newY]
   end
  end
  return nil
 end

would you like for me to rip the foot print animations for you?

Heh, thanks. I'll see what I can do ^_^

And thanks again. The signs are actually credited to Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset, which are purely amazing. A few tiles of mine or custom, but those belong to him. As for the Overworld, it's not Ash, just regularly a new Character XD Not sure who sprited but the guy it was made for is letting me use it.

oh, lol, i thought it was ash, looks kind of like him. :3. and cool, i didn't even know there was a sinnnoh tileset (o.0 that would be hard to make, because sinnoh was in 3d. o.o) do you have a link to the page with the tileset?

hi,im use the pokestarter a while...
how can I change the teleport?(I mean like Abra's teleport)
I want that the teleport send me to the closest pokemons center,not to the testing map.
oh,and how can I make that when you used fly it take you to the pokecenter of the city you've choose(the map.html didnt do anything,I can't press ok or wach the map after I've change her)

the teleport thing is in the note.html file, as for the fly thing, i have no idea. o.0

Hey guys, I need help please. I Need a sprite of the the trainerback for poccils starter kit. ( I need this trainerback)

291g8xt.png

And I need the diving charset too...

try to look in the reasourses part of the forum. it might be there, and just so you know next time, you're not supposed to ask for people to make stuff for you here. but if you post a toppic asking, usually people will pop up and help you. :D but sense i'm so nice, i'll give you a link to a site with the graphics:

go here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/customs/display.php?file=dp_gschero.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
oh, lol, i thought it was ash, looks kind of like him. :3. and cool, i didn't even know there was a sinnnoh tileset (o.0 that would be hard to make, because sinnoh was in 3d. o.o) do you have a link to the page with the tileset?

Here's the post: Kyledove's Sinnoh Tileset. You'll have to do a bit of copy and pasting to put it together in RMXP's format, though.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
With the GYM Leader thing, you have to add the switch to all Trainers and have to add a new page to them where Switch:Leader01defeated = On and have to add the sprite to this event page again and maybe a text what they're saying when pressing the "A" (Enter)-Button.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
With the GYM Leader thing, you have to add the switch to all Trainers and have to add a new page to them where Switch:Leader01defeated = On and have to add the sprite to this event page again and maybe a text what they're saying when pressing the "A" (Enter)-Button.
Thanks so much for your help, I've fixed the problem.

poccil, you've made an excellent starter kit.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
EDIT: Poccil do you think you could maybe post the fix for being able to select empty slots in party menu in battle? Or even specify what definitions you've edited in the next release so it's easier for people like me who add random edits everywhere... <D
BTW are you going to add ball effects sometime? e.g Pokeball has white/orange confetti things, Master Ball has stars...

Quote'd to repost.

Also to rephrase my earlier question about time of day.
How does the system access Windows (XP/VX)'s time? How can I make it instead access a variable, so I can use that variable to control time of day through events?

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
hi guyz, iv'e been using the starter kit but when i do the playtest i get this error:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

PokeBattle_Battle:352:in `initialize'

PokemonField:382:in `new'

PokemonField:382:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:688:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:623:in `update_old'

Walk/Run:57:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:97:in `loop'

Scene_Map:110:in `update'

Scene_Map:66:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

and when i try to use the editor i get this error:

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

SpriteWindow:17:in `pbGetDecisionSE'

SpriteWindow:1477:in `update'

SpriteWindow:1665:in `update'

SpriteWindow:2408:in `update'

EditorMain:28:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:27:in `loop'

EditorMain:39:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:94:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:101

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

could u please tel me how to fix this.... i deleted all ur maps accept the intro so that could be it..... plz help!!!!

:'(:'(:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back