• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know Pokemon is trolling you when...

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Out of curiosity, can you please tell me about those "You know Pokemon is trolling you when..." moments? Like what game, and how? Recent or the most frustrating are best, but any one of those moments is fine, too.

My personal moment (or at least the most recent) was with a trainer in Black 2/ White 2. Every time I used counter, I got attacked with leer. When I didn't, they used Bite. And when I decided to use counter, they decided to 1-hit KO my Riolu with Tackle. What. The. Heck.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think of battle facilities when I think of trolling in Pokemon games. Like, when I'm about to win, critical/status/miss hax on my behalf may cause me to lose the entire streak I'm in.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Not sure if this counts, but at the Battle Arcade I just happened to hit the "Switch Pokemon" panel with an opponent who I had completely covered type-wise (plus they sucked, plus it was one battle before Dahlia). Needless to say I lost that battle and like a 20-win streak. Thanks Pokemon. Thanks.

Years
Not a big deal but still a troll moment. I once lost to Gary/Blue at the very start because he critical hit me twice. I decided just to start over. It was a minor battle but the fact I lost some starter money over something that stupid was bugging me to the point where I didn't want to move on with that file.

Sirfetch’d

WHITNEY'S MILTANK IN GSC! I would think everyone would agree her Miltank is the ULTIMATE Troll. She keeps trollin with that rollout.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Hustle. And I wondered why Crunch kept missing -_- All that EV training probably gone to waste now, I can't keep having moves miss.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Cheren got crit hax in the first gym battle and every time, it seemed like he knew. No Work Ups, just straight up spammed Tackle and got a crit every time. Reset, tried again, same thing happened. Exact same thing. WHAT THE **** GAME.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I know this is more of a strategy, but I dislike it when fighting-type opponents use Endure, leaving it with 1 HP left, and after my pokemon finishes attacking, uses Reversal. BOOM. Almost certain instant KO. I tell you..the AI in B&W2 has become too smart. Forces me to save every time I near a black belt trainer in fear of losing. ><

Years
Probably Elesa's Volt Switch strategy in Black & White. Thankfully I had a Sandile on my team so I didn't happen to me, but in some cases it feels like she's trolling you.

Crux

Evermore
Years
A long time ago,in a cartridge colored blue...

Lv 60 Charizard vs Lv 15 Zubat....

....go to hell confuse ray spamming Zubat!!! l:<

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
When the Pokemon you used Hypnosis on wakes up at the start of the next turn every time.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
You know Pokemon is trolling you when you're at the battle frontier, your Slobro has 3 amnesias up and a Dragonite has Thunderbolt, stuns you on the first hit, it takes 12 hits from it and one slack off to recover 6 turns worth of it, but yet the paralysis managed to get a 12 turn streak on you. Unluckiest day of my life in Pokemon.

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
i used Sleep Talk with a Rest-Sleep Talk combo Pokemon and it kept calling out Rest for 5. Damn. Turns. I was so pissed, but meh... it wasn't in a Battle Facility but it was still annoying to have that.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I still remember that Whitney's Miltank!
I almost defeat it but it use Milk Drink!
This is why I HATE Miltank!

Years
I was working through the tenth floor of the White Treehollow and I only had my Charizard left when I saw a nurse, with 30-something HP left and poisoned. She used some black magic to use Protect twice, and the poisoned killed me. .__.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
When you notice that everyone in Black 2 is a higher level than you are.

All of your replies are pretty good and funny, and some I had never even thought about until now! :D Keep it up!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
When a Shedinja is supposed to steal the spirit of whoever even looks inside its hollow body from the back, and then it dies to weather damage immediately.

Back