• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Is it possible to get a female hidden ability eevee from amanita? I keep soft resetting at never appeared female not even ones.

Yes, it is possible to get a female.

You can always soft reset if you want a certain gender.

Just remember that Eevee's gender ratio is heavily skewed towards male so expect loads of boys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Is it possible to get a female hidden ability eevee from amanita? I keep soft resetting at never appeared female not even ones.
As stated above, it is possible to obtain a female Eevee, but it's a 12.5% chance, so it might take a while. As for its hidden ability, yes, the Eevee you receive from Amanita will have its hidden ability.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Got two questions.
First, its about the Genesect Event. If I recieve the event, and then restart the game, is it possible to recieve the event again, as long as it's before the event expires?

Second, for N's pokemon, is it possible to make it faint? And if it is, is it possible to encounter it again to get it? Because I usually don't pay attention while beating up wild pokemon...

Years
I'm planning on buying an UK copy of pokémon white 2. My 3DS and DSi are Portuguese. It will run on my DS, right? (Just to be sure!) Also, there are some wi-fi events and Global link promotions that sometimes differ from place to place. For example, for certain promotions there are passwords for italian games, spanish games, etc, etc. Would my passwords be the same as my pokémon black 2 game?
Give me a good reason to do it or not to do it. It's cheaper and I couldn't find it in stores when I looked for it.

If both of your DS's are both PAL, then it should be fine. UK copy of Pokemon White 2 is PAL by the way.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Can someone explain to me what's the idea behind "N's Pokemons"? I just went to the desert resort and encountered a Sigilyph that glowed in green. I caught it out of curiosity and in it's status, the OT was N. So...Is it only Sigilyph? And what's the significance of catching them?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Can someone explain to me what's the idea behind "N's Pokemons"? I just went to the desert resort and encountered a Sigilyph that glowed in green. I caught it out of curiosity and in it's status, the OT was N. So...Is it only Sigilyph? And what's the significance of catching them?

It's not just Sigilyph. N's Pokemon are the Pokemon that were released by N after the events of the original B/W. Those Pokemon are Purrloin (Route 2), Pidove, Tympole, Timburr, (Pinwheel Forest) Sandile, Scraggy, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Sigilyph, (Desert Resort) Woobat, (Wellspring Cave) Boldore, Joltik, Ferroseed and Klink (Chargestone Cave). You get N's Zorua for free in Driftveil. All, except for Zorua, can be obtained via Memory Link.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
MY question is about the relocater; I know what I need to tell the scientist in Castelia city but he's not there..why is he not there? I need him if I want a Zorua cause I have my poor Celebi waiting in my Diamond game.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Got two questions.
First, its about the Genesect Event. If I recieve the event, and then restart the game, is it possible to recieve the event again, as long as it's before the event expires?

Second, for N's pokemon, is it possible to make it faint? And if it is, is it possible to encounter it again to get it? Because I usually don't pay attention while beating up wild pokemon...

1. The Genesect advertisment you get in the game box states it can only be received once per game card.

2. It'll respawn until you catch it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
MY question is about the relocater; I know what I need to tell the scientist in Castelia city but he's not there..why is he not there? I need him if I want a Zorua cause I have my poor Celebi waiting in my Diamond game.

The scientist in Castelia is only available in the original B/W. You don't need the event Celebi in B2/W2 to get Zorua; you get Zorua as a gift from Rood in Driftveil.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My question is to do with the shaky grass and Audino. I don't see the point in it? Anyone care to fill me in on its use?
It's just how you encounter Audino; they do, however, make great Pokémon to train off of if you happen to encounter one, as they give a lot of experience points! :) I believe they can also be good team members when it comes to support, such as using the move Heal Pulse in double battles to restore your Pokémon's HP. I've never used one for myself, though, so you'd probably need someone's else opinion in terms of having one on your team.

#isthenumbersign
Years
My question is to do with the shaky grass and Audino. I don't see the point in it? Anyone care to fill me in on its use?
Don't forget that it's not always going to be an Audino from the grass. There's also fishing and surfing spots and dust clouds that offer essentially rarer Pokemon, which is like the shaking grass.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
Need details regarding EV leveling

I am completely novice when it comes to this whole EV thing, and breeding for certain traits etc.

What i am wanting to know is what nature corresponds to what stats?

An example of what i want it to breed/train an Umbreon for attack/speed which means i need to breed an eevee, get the right nature, and then raise its happiness to evolve it at its first level up correct?

Is there a website that tells you which natures correspond to which stats?

Next i want to know how to tell what my EV's are. I know there is some formula but i cant seem to find it right now. also with this formula how do you know what the base stat is at a given level for that specfic pokemon?

In order to breed for specific pokemon is it necessary to breed said pokemon together? or use a ditto? or are there other ways to ensure a hatchling of what you want?

Is there a database that tells me where to go to train for certain stats?

Also im unsure about the whole multiple levels during a single fight, will the EV's be calculated the same for each individual level?

How do EV's work with EXP share? will the pokemon with the exp share recieve the same EV bonuses as those who directly earned the experience?

Thanks

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I am completely novice when it comes to this whole EV thing, and breeding for certain traits etc.

What i am wanting to know is what nature corresponds to what stats?
Natures Chart
An example of what i want it to breed/train an Umbreon for attack/speed which means i need to breed an eevee, get the right nature, and then raise its happiness to evolve it at its first level up correct?
Umbreon is not much of a physical attacker with an attack stat of 66. It is better used for support as shines in defenses. A careful nature is preferred
Is there a website that tells you which natures correspond to which stats?
The link is up above
Next i want to know how to tell what my EV's are. I know there is some formula but i cant seem to find it right now. also with this formula how do you know what the base stat is at a given level for that specfic pokemon?
There are 510 EVs. Only 255 can belong to one stat. If you divide the number of EV's by 5 than thats how much stats will be added onto the Pokemon's stats.
In order to breed for specific pokemon is it necessary to breed said pokemon together? or use a ditto? or are there other ways to ensure a hatchling of what you want?
Ditto/Female + Everstone = Nature. Also, the better the stats of the parents, the better the chances of good stats on the kid

Is there a database that tells me where to go to train for certain stats?

Each Pokemon gives off some kind of effort values, and there are good areas to train for each. Remember the "power" items, the medicines (only go up to 100Evs), and Pokerus'
HP - Stunfisk (Iccurus City)
Sp.Atk - Litwick (Celestial Tower)
Atk - Patrat/Lilpup
Speed - Basculin (Surf, Wellspring Cave)
Sp.Def - Frillish (Surf, Route 18)
Def - Durrant (Twist Mt) Vennipede/Swadloon (Various)

Also im unsure about the whole multiple levels during a single fight, will the EV's be calculated the same for each individual level?
Yes, whatever EV values you get addonto the next level
How do EV's work with EXP share? will the pokemon with the exp share recieve the same EV bonuses as those who directly earned the experience?
Yes, EXP Shares work~
Thanks
Links
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49733/t1672411-pokemon-black-ev-training-breeding-guides/#pr
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/umbreon
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev

EDIT - Ditto, and Pokemon with the ability Schyonize(sp?) (Munna, Elgym, Abra) are good to have for natures. The ability will effect the natures of pokemon you catch, and dtto is for breeding. Both have a 50% chance to pass down their nature to the offspring or to the newley caught pokemon,

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2022
awesome thanks for the links, umbreon wasnt what i meant i actually want to tune espeon for attack/speed.

My question here though, what is the diff between attack/sp attack and def/sp def?

Im guessing sp attack corresponds to your pokemons type wheres attack is all other moves?

Im not sure how that correlation works with SP defense though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back