• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Flame of Destiny

I'm planning to add a second rival with a Squirtle. What would be that rival's name?

• Gary (from FRLG)

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Freddie

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Pearl (from DP-Pt)

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Pokémon Flame of Destiny

Many of my friends are thinking what game I am making. Well, this is it...

pokemonflameofdestinyboxart.png

NOTE: This is a game, not a hack!
Made with: RPG Maker XP
Language: English

Introduction.png

Hello, I'm Hardy Har Har.
I'm a Fire Pokémon Trainer and I always think of a game that you may only choose from the Fire-type and that's how Pokémon Flame of Destiny was started.

Features.png

Travel to the Fiore Region after defeating all Bibbur-Si Gym Leaders
DP-Pt moves, abilities, and items
Pokégear 5310 XpressMusic
Battleground like in Platinum
Battle Frontier--instead of the 21 win streak, battle the Frontier Brain first before advancing to their facilties!
All Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Frontier Brains will use 6 Pokémon to make the game more challenging!
Magatama
Revised HGSS battle system

GeneralInformation.png

Pokémon Flame of Destiny is set in a continent composed of two regions, known as Azruf (Region of the Sky Guardian) and Shanoux (Region of the Sea Beast). This said continent is known as the Bibbur-Si Continent, and is located somewhere between Johto and Hoenn. People in the Bibbur-Si Continent lived a peaceful life and worshipped deities based on the Creation Myth of Sinnoh and the Bibbur-Si myth, also known as Bibbur-Burgingidan(explained below)

Legends.png

Creation Myth of Sinnoh
In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.
At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg.
Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One.
From itself, two beings the Original One did make.
Time started to spin.
Space began to expand.
From itself again, three living things the Original One did make.
The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be.
The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be.
The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep...

Thousands of years have passed.

Bibbur-Burgingidan
Long ago, when Bibbur-Si was created, two regions came to be.
Between the two regions, war has started.
The Region of the Sky Guardian became greedy, due to a heartless king.
The Region of the Sea Beast became violent, guided by an unseen hand.
The Renegade Pokémon appeared, triggering the war.
The Beings of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower gave life to four new Pokémon.
One Pokémon can face any strong foe.
Another Pokémon attacks with fire from its back.
Another Pokémon attacks with blazing kicks.
And, another Pokémon is fierce, and is the quickest of the rest.
The four new Pokémon battled the Renegade Pokémon, and so they defeated it.
The Renegade Pokémon retreated to a place beyond seeing.
That is the Legend of the Bibbur-Si Continent.

story.png

You live in Antler Town. It's your first day with a Pokémon. When you go down from the stairs, your mom gives you something so new--the Pokégear 5310 XpressMusic and the trendy Running Shoes. She said that Professor Cleo is looking for you--maybe the Professor will give you something...
When you go to the lab, you answer her questions and, depending on your answers, she'll give you your first Pokémon. Her teacher, Professor Oak, drops by to give you a Pokédex. After some conversations in the lab you go to one of the houses there where an old man will give you a free S.S. Ticket to Bibbur-Si's cruise ship--Princess of the Stars! Outside Antler Town, you'll meet one of your rivals.
As you advance into the game, you'll hear anything about the villanous team in the entire Bibbur-Si Continent, known as Team C.A.T. They kidnap Trainers to become their grunts, known as officials. If you don't understand about this evil team, I'll explain it below:

explanation.png

Q1: What is Team C.A.T.?
A1: Team C.A.T. is an evil team in the whole Bibbur-Si Continent, which is founded by a strange Trainer named Ben John.
Q2: What are their plans?
A2: Their plans are to build a huge army of evil grunts to capture all the powerful legendary Pokémon, and to rule the entire Pokémon world under military regime, which can trigger the deaths of many Trainers.
Q3: How many Commanders(Admins) do they have?
A3: I think they have two, but I'll reveal only one.

NPC Biographies:
Spoiler:

Player Character Concept Art:
Male player:
Spoiler:

Female player:
Spoiler:

videos.png

screenshots.png

Old Screenshots:
Spoiler:

New Screenshots:
Spoiler:

New Screenshots as of April 24, 2009:
Spoiler:

New screenshots as of May 10, 2009(its the date in the Philippines):
Spoiler:

More to come!

gamemakingteam.png

Check out the Team Recruitment Thread--it's there already!
Progress:
Spoiler:

demosreleases.png

Not yet...

userbars.png

Here are the userbars if you want to support this game by placing some of these in your signature. Feel free to make one, and post it here if you wish.
userbar-charizard.png

Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159592][img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/FoD%20screenshots/userbar-charizard.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]
userbar-flameofdestiny.png

Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159592][img]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/FoD%20screenshots/userbar-flameofdestiny.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]
userbar-typhlosionblaziken.png

Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159592][img][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159592"][/url]http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh26/jaqthemouse/FoD%20screenshots/userbar-typhlosionblaziken.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]
-Made by Shaggy Typhlosion-
Map of Bibbur-Si(still in Rough Draft):
Azruf Region:
Spoiler:

Shanoux Region: Coming soon!

credits.png

Nintendo - for creating Pokemon
Poccil - for the amazing starter kit
4th Gen Matt - for his amazing resource pack
Wichu - for some help in scripting
Achilles Jae - my best friend who introduced me to the Fire-type
Kyledove - tilesets
If I forgot someone, let me know.

Last edited:

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
Years
Wow, I like the layout. Good job with that! The story line is pretty interesting. What that? "Bibbur-Si"? sounds really familiar... Monster Allergy? Nevertheless, I can't wait for more updates.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
wow nice story
...do u need help mapping?
I only need help mapping if I'm starting to post some open positions. What I only currently need at this moment is a scripter.
Wow, I like the layout. Good job with that! The story line is pretty interesting. What that? "Bibbur-Si"? sounds really familiar... Monster Allergy? Nevertheless, I can't wait for more updates.
Bibbur-Si is from Monster Allergy--It just popped at my mind when I think of two regions combined into one continent.

Now for the starters update:
The professor may give you your first Pokemon depending on how you answer on her questions. The first Pokemon you may receive is either: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar.

Well, thanks for the replies, and stay tuned for the next update!

Last edited:

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Wow this looks great =D
But maybe you should change the sprites for your character and your rival... Make them diferent to the gold version ones.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
What the...that doesn't really make sense. Team CAT is kidnapping people to train them to become officials? Is that a reasonable goal? "Never mind recruiting capable team members, we'll just kidnap trainers and put them in positions of power." And these victims don't get to eat, sleep, or drink? They're going to be dead within a month. So much for promotions. o_O

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
What the...that doesn't really make sense. Team CAT is kidnapping people to train them to become officials? Is that a reasonable goal? "Never mind recruiting capable team members, we'll just kidnap trainers and put them in positions of power." And these victims don't get to eat, sleep, or drink? They're going to be dead within a month. So much for promotions. o_O

Yes, I agree completly with Rabbit (Bunnys rawk yes!). and also, I am almost sure you are one of those people who steal sprites, edit them and say their their's, becuase that professor sprite is a horrible edit of Proffesor Willow from one of the most leading fangames of Pokemon itself. I can't imagine anyone stealing from a game so high in rank. I pity you. Get yourself a sprite, really. Also, away from stealing, the battle system looks okay. Change the textbox, though. And, um, the party backgound... Ehhh.. It looks pretty bad. Sorry, but it does. Do us a favor and change it. =] The maps look really really bland from the screenshot's point of view. If there weren't D/P tiles, I would say they looked horrible. All in all, pretty decent. Cheers.

~Nytkoi

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Although I hate to say it, I believe no amount of my token advice can help this very much. The whole thing has the dirty taste of being 'shopped. Not to mention that the maps are default (boring!), the sprites are rehashed, and the story is black and white to the point of being mind numbing!
Also, the whole idea of 'officials' (who would no doubt have to speak to perform their job) is nonsensical. Any person deprived of water for any more than maybe nine hours would lose the use of their vocal cords, languish, and die in two days.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
I must admit...

The professor's sprite is from Coronis's manga sprites, just recolored to fit in the view(Of course I'll give him credit). It's just a placeholder until it is changed, like what happened to Acanthite long ago. About the kidnapped Trainers--once they are brainwashed as officials, they may eat, drink, or sleep since they are now officials of the evil team. The player and rival sprites are placeholders, since I really like using GSC sprites. I might change the storyline slightly due to what h POKE said:
Although I hate to say it, I believe no amount of my token advice can help this very much. The whole thing has the dirty taste of being 'shopped. Not to mention that the maps are default (boring!), the sprites are rehashed, and the story is black and white to the point of being mind numbing!
Also, the whole idea of 'officials' (who would no doubt have to speak to perform their job) is nonsensical. Any person deprived of water for any more than maybe nine hours would lose the use of their vocal cords, languish, and die in two days.
I may start a team only at summer vacations, if I have time.

EDIT: The party background is from a Windows Vista Wallpaper.

EDIT 2: I made slight changes to the storyline.

Last edited:

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Hello, everyone! I also added a poll since I'm running out of ideas for the game's second rival...

EDIT: I updated the first post with some names of the towns in Azruf and percentage of completion. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

EDIT 2: I should stop taking screenshots at night. The screenies of the first post are the old ones, that's from a version of this game in development. This means that there are features which will be changed in the actual game.

Last edited:

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Has there ever been a Fred(erick)? Or if you don't like that, you could go with a cool 'black name' like Lanre...

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
I voted for Gary, but you should name him Green, like in the manga, though...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It's still obviously copy and pasted from my thread, with a few changed details... You should rewrite the whole thread from scratch.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Are those seriously still the maps you're using for the actual game, or are you planning on making something with at least some style and interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back