• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm thinking it might even more that it's an Eeveelution as according to Pokebeach in twitter they (Masuda or some Gf forget who) asked "How many Eeveelutions are there?" Combine with the focus on eevee in the anime it's likely, especially seeing how basically every eevee seen evolves into a eeveelution eventually such as Gary's and May's (both based on game rivals), so maybe Virgil's (Ash's league rival) will evolve into eevee's eighth form. Or maybe it's new games, and new eevee's and more...now that would be big.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Well, that's easy to fugure out. :P It's or the 3D mystery dungeon game to be released on america or Ruby and Sapphire Remakes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm thinking it might even more that it's an Eeveelution as according to Pokebeach in twitter they (Masuda or some Gf forget who) asked "How many Eeveelutions are there?" Combine with the focus on eevee in the anime it's likely, especially seeing how basically every eevee seen evolves into a eeveelution eventually such as Gary's and May's (both based on game rivals), so maybe Virgil's (Ash's league rival) will evolve into eevee's eighth form. Or maybe it's new games, and new eevee's and more...now that would be big.

That was the American Pokemon twitter account that made that "trivia" post...and it actually freaked me out after seeing that in 2 days we would be getting not only be getting a major announcement...but an international announcement!

I really can't think of what this could be, honestly. It could be anything. But I'm really, REALLY hoping it's not something minor (like the whole "Masuda is going to announce...!!! ...A Mewtwo Wi-Fi event!!"). The only time I can remember an announcement being made in Japan and International at once was the big reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom (with their names, I believe).

I've learned not to get my hopes up with these kinds of things but honestly I'm far too excited! I don't care if the announcement is gen 6 or remakes or a WiiU game or even a reinvention of the anime as long as it's actually a major announcement and not just some measly Wi-Fi event or the like.

Years
Why would they announce MD in Japan if it's already out there...that would be the ultimate trolling.

I don't think it's remakes, remakes don't really expand the Pokemon world much which would sort of contradict their Evolving of the pokemon world which sounds like they're going to add something such a new pokemon and region aka new gen. After gen 6 main duo (and possibly 3rd version too) I do.

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I think it will be a virtual console or 3D Classic of Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. The reason I think this is because historically, the only thing that has had a release window within the same month was Pokemon Snap on Virtual Console in 2007. Having an announcement occur in both markets indicates a similar release window. They never release series games at the same time in both markets and, considering rumors of a new Eevee form in ExtremeSpeed Genesect, it seems more likely not to be Virtual Console. That being said, I rate the following in terms of probability out of 10:

Virtual Console: 6/10
Remake of R/S/E: 2/10
Pokemon Snap 2/Pokemon Pinball 3/Pokemon Ranger 4: 2/10

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
As much as I want it to be R/S remakes, I have a gut feeling that it will be the mascots for the 6th gen games, or at least the names. I think they will be Copper, Bronze or Zinc. Kind of like Gold/Silver.

Edit: Maybe Copper and Tin with Bronze as the 3rd version because Bronze is a mixture of copper and tin.

Years
If they're doing metals I'll perfer if they were Titanium and Palladium (which irc is quite expensive). However if they plan to have remakes they should proably go with stones (sure LgFg were remade during the stone generation but Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are also colors (well shades of Red, Blue, and Green). Pokemon Amethyst and Cintrine with Quartz as the third. A and C are both forms of Quatz...while Ruby and Sapphire are both Corrundum... however Emerald wasn't called Corrundum so maybe Agate for the third (it contains some Quartz).

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
I'm hoping that it's the remake of RSE. That was the first generation that felt like my generation. GSC came out when I was still too young. RSE was the beginning of my Pokemon life in a way. a remake of the generation that holds a special place in my heart would be so awesome. It would mean the world to me. I don't think it's time for Gen VI yet. I think it'd be taking things too quickly. The eeveelution thing would bee cool. I think seeing a poison eeveelution would be awesome. That would still disappoint me though, simply because I'm so hooked on the idea of an RSE remake.

Last edited:

franko94

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Actually, only the mascots for the games were announced at the same time. The games were announced February 18th in Japan and May 28th in America. Even so, that is not the point I am making. At this time, there is not enough promotion of Generation 6 in Japan to warrant an international announcement of Gen 6. When B/W were announced, Zorua and Zoroark had already been announced and named. The assumed Gen 6 pokemon haven't been announced yet.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Will it be the 8th in japan in a couple hours?

No...Like I said. I was watching the stream for 8 AM Japan at 5 PM Central Time Zone in North America. There is a 15 hour difference. It won't be Jan 8th for Americans until anywhere between 2-7 here as that is the morning for some of us.

Its currently 10:22 PM for me so based on what time you see my post was made for your timezone, compare that to mine and then compare that to the time difference I posted to have an estimate of when we'll get the info.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'm sorry, but you are still mistaken. Remakes are MUCH easier cash than brand new games. Simple as that.

Fans will buy stuff regardless of it being good or not, but remakes in general need attention and a special touch that differentiates them from the game they were based upon. I thought FRLG wasn't a good remake because the main story is exactly the same as RGBY (HGSS has a few changes like Safari Zone, kimono girls), and the additions weren't convincing. They couldn't fit Johto in there for timeline reasons, so they created some lackluster islands to amend it. It has some nice touches, but those are mostly after you end the storyline. They're nice games to play, but you won't be missing much if you have played RGBY before.

Why jump to conclusions like this? They can very easily add extra areas and small islands around the water routes in Hoenn. There are lots of things they can do.

Why would they do that? To allow you to catch the same Sinnoh Pokémon you can transfer from DPPt?

That being said, they could add a nice post-game area like the one in Platinum.

I can agree with this, but I still think its possible for them to edit the story around it. I also believe it is possible we could just get an Emerald remake next year in 2014 for Emerald's 10th anniversary. It would save them having to go through the story in R/S to change things and make them fit.

Unlikely, since remakes usually come in pairs.

This excuse I see people throw around all the time is what annoys me the most. I'm almost certain most of the Johto Pokemon were available when HG/SS were remade through FR/LG and D/P/P. Kanto Pokemon were also available because of FR/LG. They make remakes for nostalgia and cash, not because 'oh no, so and so pokemon aren't available so lets remake an entire game just so people can get them' - they remake them because of the profit. If you couldn't get many of the Pokemon, they would likely just put a lot of them in the next games instead of making remakes JUST for obtaining Pokemon. I believe its a reason yes, but not the main reason. The main reason = profit.

The Sinnoh Dex in DP actually has very few Johto Pokémon. They added more in Platinum, but it was mostly the ones who got evolutions in 4th gen. You can get more Johto Pokémon after you beat the game, but the point of a remake is to use the region's Pokémon during the main story, which you couldn't in DP because they simply weren't available.

The point you're making applies to 3rd gen remakes as well. You don't need to, as the absolute majority of the Hoenn Pokémon is catchable in DPPt/HGSS, but you can transfer all of Hoenn's Pokémon all the way to 5th gen games by transferring them to a 4th gen game, then once again to a 5th gen one.

And I'm pretty sure FRLG were made only because you couldn't catch Kanto Pokémon in RS (I think it was also the 10th anniversary of the franchise but I'm not sure). There was even basic stuff like Pidgey and Rattata which weren't available in RS without a cheat device prior to the release of FRLG.

Last edited:
Years
No...Like I said. I was watching the stream for 8 AM Japan at 5 PM Central Time Zone in North America. There is a 15 hour difference. It won't be Jan 8th for Americans until anywhere between 2-7 here as that is the morning for some of us.

Its currently 10:22 PM for me so based on what time you see my post was made for your timezone, compare that to mine and then compare that to the time difference I posted to have an estimate of when we'll get the info.

I didnt know if anyone had brought it up yet. Thats cool though. If something doesnt develop throughout the night im hopeful their will be news when i wake. I work second shift and probably wont be up till around a normal lunch time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Am I the only one annoyed that they haven't told us what time the announcement will be? Do they expect us to sit there all day refreshing the page? A time for the announcement would be nice.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Am I the only one annoyed that they haven't told us what time the announcement will be? Do they expect us to sit there all day refreshing the page? A time for the announcement would be nice.

With these type of announcements, they don't tend to give full times. It can appear at any point during the day, not that the Site itself has to be updated right away. The news can be presented in any form of media in Japan, like as a commercial or special episode. Then they will recap the information.

They may not even have a fully detailed report either. They can post a black outline...(I can't spell the S word...sorry XD) and not tell us anything or even pull a Question Mark Board and tell us to watch on Sunday.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Fans will buy stuff regardless of it being good or not, but remakes in general need attention and a special touch that differentiates them from the game they were based upon. I thought FRLG wasn't a good remake because the main story is exactly the same as RGBY (HGSS has a few changes like Safari Zone, kimono girls), and the additions weren't convincing. They couldn't fit Johto in there for timeline reasons, so they created some lackluster islands to amend it. It has some nice touches, but those are mostly after you end the storyline. They're nice games to play, but you won't be missing much if you have played RGBY before.

Your argument is still invalid. Remakes require attention, yes - but not as much as brand new games do. Remakes are much easier money for them whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying it is all easy, its probably still a difficult task but it is still much easier than brand new games which require a much more detailed and thought out process as they begin from complete scratch.

Why would they do that? To allow you to catch the same Sinnoh Pokémon you can transfer from DPPt?

That being said, they could add a nice post-game area like the one in Platinum.

Isn't it obvious as to why? They always add new areas in the remakes to give some new areas to explore too.

Unlikely, since remakes usually come in pairs.

Probably unlikely, but Game Freak surprised everything with B2W2 so you never know. But I do agree, its more unlikely.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Your argument is still invalid. Remakes require attention, yes - but not as much as brand new games do. Remakes are much easier money for them whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying it is all easy, its probably still a difficult task but it is still much easier than brand new games which require a much more detailed and thought out process as they begin from complete scratch.

I won't say your point is bad, because I see myself agreeing with it. This is Pokémon we're talking about, after all. Fans of any big franchise will buy anything that the franchise owners market at them. So you have a point. Whether it's more profitable or not, I don't know, the labour hours are the same for both cases (original game and remake), maybe the brainstorming phase is different. FRLG and HGSS sold well, too.

I was thinking more along the lines of a movie remake, for example. I remember reading that the "The Omen" 2006 remake was a flop due to many reasons, and one of them was that the film didn't seem to have the director's "stamp" on it, so to speak. So it was basically the same film, just set in modern times with different actors. The differences weren't enough to convince the critics that the remake was worth making.

In the end Gamefreak's interest in the games is to make money and a remake is a possible quick route, but I would like it to be a good game and, more importantly, have a point of existence as well. I played FRLG recently and didn't enjoy it much, because I had played Blue (and Fire Red) millions of times and I felt FRLG simply didn't add anything significant. Hopefully the RS remakes don't incur in the same mistake if Gamefreak ever creates them.

Although for me it was worth playing Fire Red again because Pidgeot was a bit more useful than in 1st gen.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
A standalone Emerald remake wouldn't work because it wouldn't have version exclusives. What fun is a game where trading isn't necessary?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh my goodness, you just cannot believe how much I've been thinking about Generation VI and how much excitement I've had about it. I would definitely say that Generation VI games probably might be launched during this year. But you think about it, there's several things you've gotta think about. I've been doing alot of thinking to fit the puzzle together to what I speculate what might be in the announcement. Here's the things you've gotta think about:

• The N saga of the Best Wishes series... just how long will it last? By the looks of it... probably will last 'till June or July 2013 in Japan
  • Game Freak has already stated that Pokémon Black and White will be more faster paced than previous games.
  • Very little in the way of companies are making Nintendo DS games now, even when I check ROM sites... there's only just a few official games apart from ROM hacks and patches. This means that the Nintendo DS has almost come to a close, most people own a 3DS now... even though it's backwards compatible with DS and DSiWare games.
  • Game Freak has already said that they're "Evolving the world of Pokémon in 2013".
  • Alot of people really thought that the Black and White sequels was Pokémon Gray when they really did say that they were Black and White sequels... not better games, but it just shows we really wern't paying much attention, 'cause we were too used to the same pattern that the games are developed. Game Freak has already said that there's no pattern at all when they're developing games.
  • The Pokémon Company got to be able to test the Nintendo 3DS in it's very early prototype stage, this could've been handed down to Game Freak... but we can't be sure if they did or not.
  • Junichi Masuda did indeed announce about a huge "surprising" announcement a while back, but turned out to be a Mewtwo Wi-Fi event.
  • A Generation V game cannot be made for the 3DS when already on the Nintendo DS, because the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Nintendo Network servers are different. Sure, they use Wi-Fi... but I'm talking about the servers they use. Nintendo Network is a totally different server and games using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection server would be incompatible with a Nintendo Network server. 3DS games can only connect to a Nintendo Network server.
  • The Pokémon Company nowadays intends to surprise their fans, so that it attracts more fans and fans would buy their games and gain so much revenue.
  • Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal of Generation II are the games that only lasted for 3 years before Generation III was made. The first Generation also was short, if you only count Red, Blue and Yellow... it would've been 2 years, but if you only count Red, Green, Blue and Special Pikachu Edition of Japan... it would've been 3 years.
  • The new Genesect movie has announced Genesect's Flying Forme, which has not been programmed in Black Version 2 and White Version 2.

Now think about all those things... and just think what you could piece together into this puzzle.

Here's some speculation:

Hm... let's see... first, the announcement probably won't be as too big as what you'd think it would be. It probably won't be another Wi-Fi event, but probably the revealing of a silhouette of a brand new Pokémon that probably would be set to appear in the new Pokémon games that will come out this year, and by new Pokémon games... I don't mean the spin-off ones or anything. I mean the actual Generation VI that would be on the Nintendo 3DS. While showing the silhouette, they probably will announce a C-Gear skin for the Pokémon that is revealed afterwards.

What do I think the silhouette will be? It probably will be the new Eeveelution that is set to appear in the new Eevee mini-movie. I remember the time when people were speculating the Sky Forme for Shaymin, then eventually it's Sky Forme was revealed. How did people know that it was called the Sky Forme before it was even shown?

Now... looking at the poster for that mini-movie of Eevee. By the looks of that last Katakana character... it seems that Eevee might actually have some "star power". So it might be called Starie, then localized as "Stareon".

For Generation VI, we're really talking about the 3DS now. Even though Game Freak did say that they'd stick to sprites as long as they can, they can't anymore now that the 3DS is out. It would be really hard to give the 3D depth if the characters were still sprites, so they would have to be 3D or it would ruin the concept... Game Freak has no choice. All the Pokémon in the game would have to be 3D models, 'cause they had some 3D models in the scenes in HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. But this time... I'm sure they'd make everything 3D.

Now that there's a 3DS... it has Augmented Reality on it, it's time to see what it can do in Generation VI, along with it's StreetPass and SpotPass functions.

Generation VI could actually be releasing 3 main games at the same time instead of 2.

We could be seeing new types in Generation VI, I would really love to see new types in the game. They really should bring in a "Light" type, that would fit very well for a new Eeveelution, as well as finally making it possible to give Ghost/Dark type Pokémon a weakness at long last without requiring the use of Lock-on or Odor Sleuth.

But also... I was thinking, what if the games were also a partial R/S/E remake? It probably won't happen, but it would be nice if that happened. But what if you could go to Hoenn 11 years after the events that occurred in R/S/E?

But of course, it would be silly of Game Freak to not release Generation VI this year, 'cause development has almost ended for all DS games, and the new Genesect movie is bound to announce new Pokémon that would appear in the movie a bit later.

Well guys, the excitement is around the corner, currently in Japan it would be 3:05 PM (of the time I posted this post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back