• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
The tiles and palette NEED to be changed. It's so hard to keep looking at the screen when it never changes colours.

Also I lol'd when I caught a level 38 Gengar at that ghost part

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, I was playing this(downloaded it a few minutes ago).
Well, I noticed something after getting to my character's house.
The tiles are weird, the insides are fine, but the outside is like this.
Oi62Y.png

I don't know if somebody reported this, but I thought I should let you know.
Repatch, repatch, repatch...
This is clearly a wrong ROM that was patched.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I just finished the beta and I can say the game was really easy. You should do something about the LV100 Aron in the cave, I became lazy when I caught it. That tree that moves was super annoying. I went through every town looking for an answer... Not nice.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013

Repatch, repatch, repatch...
This is clearly a wrong ROM that was patched.

I don't think that's the issue, I finished the Beta and that's the only place doing it, I have not had any other problems.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
Well, first i readed "you're the son of professor ***** not Birch :|" and second you say this is a new area but in the story you tell that evee want with you to travel Kanto?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Well, first i readed "you're the son of professor ***** not Birch :|" and second you say this is a new area but in the story you tell that evee want with you to travel Kanto?

Read this bit, it makes sense...

The Story...
You woke up on a shore, and found an Eevee who seemed to be washed ashore as well. The Eevee decided to come with you as you try to continue your trip to Kanto, but after travelling to a town where the port was located, you decided to travel this brand new region instead; the Crest region.
Along the way, you'll meet up with a number of trainers who are also on the move of achieving their own dreams. Friends or foes, you'll be a part of their lives, and they will to you.
Later on, you'll be meeting Team Aqua once again, and you will do your best to try and foil their evil plans as you travel around the region, but are they here to cause chaos, or something else?

And that neatly brings me to what I like. I absolutely love the story of this DJG. You always have a knack for writing and creating some pretty unique hacks. I haven't played the beta yet, but I'll wait for the next release as it sounds like it will be more... Refined!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Its a great hack and all but i think the distance between the towns are way too short and the routes could use a little more trainers in them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
This dark story event starts with the Suicune event right ? :D If so ..I've seen it ...when I was speed running around the world rebattling every trainer xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
This dark story event starts with the Suicune event right ? :D If so ..I've seen it ...when I was speed running around the world rebattling every trainer xD

No.
The Suicune event is part of the main story.

Oh god... and if you give it Rare Candy it will teleport to the level 100, yeah everyone knows that =D
DJG's trying his best to fix this =)

Nnnope.
I'm trying to avoid it by restarting the hack fresh.

Its a great hack and all but i think the distance between the towns are way too short and the routes could use a little more trainers in them.

It'll stay that way, unfortunately.
As for the trainers, I may decide to add some.

That tree that moves was super annoying. I went through every town looking for an answer... Not nice.

That was on the F.A.Q. on the first thread. =/

i was wondering, will there be any music from life of guardians in the game? i swear that game had the best music ever!

Some of the LoG music will be transferred in SkyLine.

Pretty clever removing the first badge one title before the weird tree. I was going to murder it the same way I used Rock Smash on a guy dressed as a rock in Pokemon Quartz.

:P

If you go to Route 3-B before you go to Twinkle Town, the sprites for the event are there, but the event doesn't trigger. You can walk up to them and when you talk to the Suicune, it triggers a battle with Hex Maniac Evelyn with some Lvl. ~30 pokemon.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
I found that if you run very fast,you may go to another town without wailmer pale.It's a bug or part of the game :D?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016

If you mean that you won't obtain Wailmer Pal then yes, that is part of game because you need to remember to pick it up xD
If you mean you don't need to use it on the tree then that IS a bug o.O
I mean that I don't need wailmer pale at all,to go to the other town.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013

No.
The Suicune event is part of the main story.

Nnnope.
I'm trying to avoid it by restarting the hack fresh.

It'll stay that way, unfortunately.
As for the trainers, I may decide to add some.

That was on the F.A.Q. on the first thread. =/

Some of the LoG music will be transferred in SkyLine.

:P

Thank you.

Will there be any new music? I have to give it to you, that was the most masterful use of People Imprisoned by Destiny and Simple and Clean that I've seen in a rom hack. Will there be any more from Chrono Cross or Kingdom Hearts? It really gave an added effect to Life of Guardians.

EDIT: By the way, are you planning to make Skyline to be as storyline-oriented like LoG? I loved LoG mainly due to its unique storyline. Oh, and by the way, have you ever played Ragnarok Online? I think I heard Gonryun/Kunlun's Theme in the Day Care Center.

Last edited:
Years
Heya DJG, Meowing Mewtwo here, this will not disappoint! And being that it's a solo hack, and that your hacking RUBY, well, I have to say that I'm impressed! VERY impressed! You are a truly amazing hacker. So anyway... Eevee. I lurv Eevee... I have a life sized Eevee doll sitting next to me as I write this... Eevee is so cute! ...the Eevee doll thing sounded weird, didn't it? But really, Ruby seems to have so many bugs... it makes me crazy! And yet I still hack it. (They say that the secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse... but my no-pay job is the same as my hobby!) Sorry for all the tangents, I do that... But like I said, this is gonna rock! :cer_boogie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back