• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Best memories from GSC

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Along with bad memories of GSC, there were many good ones. From finally defeating that Miltank to defeating Red in an epic showdown! What good memories of the metal generation do you have? Share them with us below!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
The duplication glitch(although not technically an in-game memory), chasing the legendary dogs, Lugia/ Ho-oh, taking the ship back to kanto region.

Svartulv

the black wind howls.
Years
Well, certainly, the feeling of superiority that came with finding and beating Red (I was like 8 or 9 back then).

Also, being able to visit Kanto, and the feeling of catching a shiny Pokémon all by myself, other than the Red Gyarados.

Years
Going back to Kanto and finally beating Red were some of the best moments I've had in Pokemon. Tbh just exploring the Johto region for the first time was pretty amazing too, it's one of my favourites.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Beating Lance and Red were good accomplishments! Also the moment when Team Rocket was finished for good; that moment was tense, but it was sooo sweet when you finally succeed. :3

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
My favourite moment was beating Lance's final Dragonite. It was a super long battle and I had tried so many times and this was the closest I had ever gotten. It was his last Dragonite against my final and strongest Pokemon, Pidgeot. Lance used Hyper Beam (I think) and Pidgeot hung on, and Fly just managed to finish it off. I was so happy that I had finally beaten him, and then learning that I was able to explore Kanto was just the icing on the cake.

Supa_Furai

The Unbreakable Pylon
Years
My most favorite memory in Crystal was battling Eusine. He was the last person I thought I was ever going to battle. He was a pretty funny character, especially with how obsessed he was with Suicune.

Years
My fondest memory of second gen is kinda weird, so I'll try to explain it as best as I can.

The memory that I hold dear takes place back when I was a kid. My family used this little space next to our kitchen as a second living room, mainly because it had a fireplace. I remember sitting in this second living room with a nice fire in the fireplace, playing the second generation. It was during the winter season, and we had soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. The part of the game that I was playing through was Blackthorn City.

The memory may be a bit silly, and I'm not really sure why it's so fond to me, but it is.

Years
One of the best memories for me was the feeling I got when I went back and replayed the games after I had learned to speak English and just got a whole new understanding of what I had actually been doing all those years. It was pretty mindblowing.
Before I knew English I would always use strength all the time because it totally seemed like a reasonably good idea to throw a massive rock at an opponent. I knew I would have fainted at that.

Ghost Nappa

Banned
Years
My favorite memory of Gen 2 was the first time I walked into Ecruteak City and facing Morty, my favorite gym leader in the series. After that I really enjoyed The Olivine Lighthouse.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
First time playing, enthusiastically writing my name down at the introduction only to find out one second too late that the maximum space is seven characters-- my name has eight letters. My almost-complete name forever a reminder of how much of an idiot I was. Great memory.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oooh, a lot. I got Silver at a particularly bad time in my life and it (and Red) were pretty much all I had at the time until I was able to access my things again. I remember playing it well after its hay day and still enjoying it so much because it just looks so nice. I still to this day think it's a really nice graphic style, especially the Pokemon sprites. A lot of my favorites come from gen II as well, aha.

Anyway, some of my favorite moments were doing the glitch to get all the starters, raising many Furret, evolving Eevee into Umbreon (still my favorite Pokemon and ofc I had no other means of getting it at the time aside from Colosseum, so having it in a handheld and evolving it myself was quite the achievement!), getting stuck in Morty's gym for a while (both the puzzle and the battle), and late summer nights in 2004 watching that weird summer camp show on Disney Channel and training my team to beat Red. I remember I beat the game completely for the first time around like midnight or 1 AM? Ahaha. So I like...had no one to share my joy with and then I didn't want to tell my mom I was up so late that night so...RIP. But yeah, I have a lot of great memories with Silver, and GSC as a whole, and continue to make them. I really hope these games make their way to the eShop!

Years
i spent a lot of time in rby/gsc catching legendaries over and over again, comparing their stats. thus making a small chart with the min-max value for every stat. then keeping only the insane ones. my almost perfect lugia, ho-oh, snorlax and mewtwo were a nightmare for my friends. the mewtwo i had was only 2 IV off of the maximum possible outcome!

in a certain battle my friends ho-oh's future sight criticalled and 1HKO'd my snorlax. that was crazy!!! but i still won in the end =)

Back