The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
5th Gen Quick Questions

Closed Thread

Old April 25th, 2011 (7:39 PM). Edited April 25th, 2011 by Virtual Headache.

Nature: Adamant
    I just want to ask this to be sure:
    If I have a White version in German on a 3DS (which will be German so the game will run on it) and a Black version in Japanese on a normal DS, will there be any problems (concerning the language or the system) if I want to visit the Black city/White forest of the other player?
    Old April 25th, 2011 (8:06 PM).
    Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
      Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself! :)
      Old April 25th, 2011 (8:22 PM).
      #1 Team Rocket fan

And please tell us, I have a 3DS too so I'm interested in knowing ^^.

Old April 25th, 2011 (8:34 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
          Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself! :)
          Okay, I should have mentioned that I would have a German 3DS. Getting the game to work on a 3DS is not what interests me, I'm interested in whether the interaction of two foreign language games who are also on different systems will work ;)
          I personally can imagine that trading would work, but visiting someone's Black city/White forest seems a bit different.
          Old April 25th, 2011 (9:18 PM).
          Das Kirby

Yeah, but I'm still thinking things will be fine...

I mean, it's not like the maps really changed or anything. I'm able to visit my friends' Black Cities and White Forests (albeit, they're American like I am), and I don't really think they removed anything in any particular translation. :v Only the text strings would be different, and Pokémon has the possibility of using international characters so it should be able to handle any foreign symbols (For instance, in someone's name).

If there's a concern about whether the dialogue sent is going to be odd, I think they'll just correspond to their own respective languages, only translated to their thing.

Of course, I'm only making an inference here. I don't want to be insistent, but you should try it out. xD The worst that can happen is the game not being able to do the Entralink stuff, right? :P
            Old April 25th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
            The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
              how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game
              oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
              Old April 25th, 2011 (10:21 PM).
              Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
              how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game
              I cant find you a map of the cave but you need Strength and Flash to get through it. Just follow all the stairs and doors and you know you have reached the end when you find Cobalon.

EDIT: there are three floors in the cave.

Old April 25th, 2011 (10:25 PM).
              Das Kirby

Quote:
                Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
                All I can recall when venturing through Mistralton Cave is Surf (to get to the cave :V), Strength, and Flash. :/

The only TM there is TM80, Rock Slide, which is at the Northwest corner of the 2F. It's a Strength puzzle...?

I don't really have the clear directions anymore, but Marriland to the rescue on that!

Quote:
                Head south, push the boulder into the hole, but grab the Ultra Ball hidden in the nearby rock first. There's also a Hyper Potion hiding in a rock on the other side of the hole on your way west. Climb the steps, head east, then head south and around the southern perimeter until you reach a Hard Stone, an item that powers up the bearer's Rock-type attacks by 20%.
                Now head north and push that next boulder into place, but before you head across it, swing north some more and keep going around the northern perimeter of the cave to find TM80 (Rock Slide), a great, staple Rock-type attack with 80 power that hits for Physical-based damage. It has a good chance of inflicting flinch, plus it also hits two opponents in a double battle. It's a very handy TM to have at your disposal!
                You can also slither on through the narrow chasm on the floor, heading around and picking up the Iron, along with a PP up hidden in the western side of the room.
                There is a ledge you can jump down if you're feeling gutsy, but you should just go back to that boulder now. Go ahead and push its brother into place, too, so you'll have better access for later. Then, head up the stairs, leading you into somewhere new!
                Old April 25th, 2011 (11:27 PM).
                Playhouse Pokemon

Nature: Relaxed
                Hey, I have a question:

Can you communicate with a friend over WiFi and partake in the Battle Subway Multi Train?
                Old April 26th, 2011 (10:12 AM).

Nature: Calm
                  Ahhh, I don't know where to put this! :( I'll just put it here, if it's wrong, someone please move it!

I’m having a lot of trouble with Nintendo Wi-Fi Club on Pokémon White… I can connect and get into the room but no one appears and it doesn’t connect to anyone, so I can’t trade/battle/do ANYTHING, I can just walk around the room, talk to the screen and that's it… Does anyone know how to solve this? It’s got me rather cranky, rofl.
                  It used to work fine until a few days ago... My Palpad also removed all my friendcodes!
                  Old April 26th, 2011 (10:17 AM).
                  Novice Breeder

I've had a similar but not exactly the same problem. I've had a lot of problem connecting to people in the wifi-club on my white as well. I've edited a lot of settings on my router to try and allow my DS full access to everything, but I've had no luck so far. I've also tested with the GTS and I connect with that just fine, but using the wifi club is really unstable recently.
                    Old April 26th, 2011 (10:29 AM).
                    just a guy

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hildevg View Post
                    Ahhh, I don't know where to put this! :( I'll just put it here, if it's wrong, someone please move it!

I’m having a lot of trouble with Nintendo Wi-Fi Club on Pokémon White… I can connect and get into the room but no one appears and it doesn’t connect to anyone, so I can’t trade/battle/do ANYTHING, I can just walk around the room, talk to the screen and that's it… Does anyone know how to solve this? It’s got me rather cranky, rofl.
                    It used to work fine until a few days ago... My Palpad also removed all my friendcodes!
                    Merged your question here.

Usually, if my Pal Pad removes my list of Friend Codes, it's because I had connected on to Wi-Fi in a different area from where I normally use it. I don't know if you've done this recently, but that can explain why your list of Friend Codes are gone and why you aren't seeing anyone in the Wi-Fi Club. So, you're probably going to need to re-add all your previous Friend Codes you had before.

If you've done all of that already, adding back your Friend Codes and what not, then it might just be the connection. Either your signal is very low or the other party is having a bad connection and the trade/battle/whatever won't go through properly.

Other than that, I don't know what's causing this issue for you. If I'm no help, then hopefully someone here can give you a better answer that this. ):
                    Old April 26th, 2011 (10:43 AM).
                    #1 Team Rocket fan

I have a question. Why are my C-gear online hearts and Game-Sync button always red when I'm using my wireless? I can do everything online, it works fine, then why that color?

Quote:

It looks like you changed your connection settings. I did it once and my game told me I had to reset it and that all my friend codes would be deleted. For sure, if you don't have any friend codes in your Pal Pad, then you won't see anyone in the Union room.

Old April 26th, 2011 (10:53 AM).
                      Novice Breeder

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
                        I have a question. Why are my C-gear online hearts and Game-Sync button always red when I'm using my wireless? I can do everything online, it works fine, then why that color?
                        Their colro doesn't denote their activity. The symbols also change based on gender, my C-gear's icons are all hexagons. Though normally my online on is yellow, IR is red, and the 3rd option is blue.
                        Old April 26th, 2011 (10:54 AM). Edited April 26th, 2011 by Hildevg.

Nature: Calm
                          I didn't change my settings and I didnt try playing somewhere else! It's really weird. I re-added some of my friends and can get into the room with ease, my signal has three bars... Ahhh! I don't get it!

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Molts View Post
                          Their colro doesn't denote their activity. The symbols also change based on gender, my C-gear's icons are all hexagons. Though normally my online on is yellow, IR is red, and the 3rd option is blue.
                          Are they? I'm a girl in the game and they're hexagons for me...
                          Old April 26th, 2011 (11:02 AM). Edited April 26th, 2011 by Zayin.
                          #1 Team Rocket fan

Lol I'm happy I got hearts!! But still the color must mean something. It was green before, but one day it turned red. I tried looking for the answer on google without succeeding =(.

[Edit] I found on Serebii you can customize your c-gear by pressing on the customize button, then on c-gear.

Old April 26th, 2011 (11:07 AM).
                            CoquettishCat

Quote:
                            I didn't change my settings and I didnt try playing somewhere else! It's really weird. I re-added some of my friends and can get into the room with ease, my signal has three bars... Ahhh! I don't get it!

Are they? I'm a girl in the game and they're hexagons for me...
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
                            Lol I'm happy I got hearts!! But still the color must mean something. It was green before, but one day it turned red. I tried looking for the answer on google without succeeding =(.

[Edit] I found on Seebii you can customize your c-gear by pressing on the customize button, then on c-gear.
                            It is based on gender, but hexagons are available for both. Girls have bunnies and hearts and butterflies or something, and guys have...something else that I don't remember. You can change it by pressing C-Gear.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 26th, 2011 (6:18 PM).

What's the "secret password" to the "special machine" that the lab guy in a Castelia building invented?

Name: Justin
                              White FC: 0905-2291-6452
                              Old April 26th, 2011 (6:30 PM).
                              CoquettishCat

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post
                              What's the "secret password" to the "special machine" that the lab guy in a Castelia building invented?
                              The first part is "EVERYONE HAPPY". Then he'll ask for another set of two words, and that one is "SIMPLE CONNECTION". It's how you transfer the shiny dogs and Celebi from HG/SS before you finish the game and have access to the transfer.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 26th, 2011 (7:05 PM). Edited April 26th, 2011 by justinlittle18.

Another question: how does that Passerby Analytics thing work?

Old April 26th, 2011 (7:11 PM).
                                Das Kirby

You first follow a survey, and as you pass by people through your C-Gear (You can see that you passed by people in your C-Gear from the Tag Log, those "gem shapes" at the bottom of the C-Gear screen), you can press the "Pie" button at the bottom left of the screen to collect those results.

So it really works best at, say, school or something if people brought their DS's to there. xD You can get to know a lot of juicy information and preferences among people, hehe.
                                  Old April 26th, 2011 (7:21 PM).

Thanks again :) and I have one more question:

If you're breeding a Pokemon and the Day-Care man says that they would rather play with other Pokemon, will it still make an egg eventually? I have a male Riolu and a Ditto and I'm trying to get another male Riolu

Old April 26th, 2011 (7:27 PM).
                                    CoquettishCat

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post
                                    Thanks again :) and I have one more question:

If you're breeding a Pokemon and the Day-Care man says that they would rather play with other Pokemon, will it still make an egg eventually? I have a male Riolu and a Ditto and I'm trying to get another male Riolu
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
                                    Different egg groups, same genders or No eggs group
                                    The Pokémon are incompatible and therefore will not make an egg. The old man in the Daycare will say: "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other."
                                    You can only breed a Riolu once it's evolved.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 26th, 2011 (7:56 PM).
                                    rah rah

Nature: Bold
                                      How do you request "Dream Pal" friends?

Black = 3310-4621-6704
                                      Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
                                      Old April 26th, 2011 (8:00 PM).

Alright thanks, I'll just breed my 2 male and female Lucario. That's like a 50-50 chance of getting a male, right?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply