• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Z: A Kalos Journey [M] [OOC]

Years

1YR8dcN.png

Name: Tim "Newt" Newton

Hometown: Originally Po Town, Ula'ula Island, Alola, currently Aquacorde Town, Kalos

Physical Appearance:
iV7nO6L.png

4'7" with a weight just under 100lbs, Newt is fair of skin and dark of hair, with eyes that are somewhere between blue and green. (I think that color is called aqua?) Though he used to dress in black tank tops and shorts, he has moved up to black t-shirts and faded blue jeans. He still wears black running shoes, and he wears a ball cap intentionally off-kilter.

Wearing a hat all the time (and constantly adjusting it) tends to make his hair rather messy, which is especially obvious when he takes the hat off. Despite his small size, he's actually in great shape, though he's more "toned" than "muscular". Honestly, you probably wouldn't notice his muscles under his loose clothing.

He usually looks bored or sad, mostly because he doesn't smile very often. When he does, it's just a little half smile, moving just one side of his mouth. He's a little self-conscious of his teeth, which are kind of pointed and sharp.

Strengths:
Confidence: Newt is utterly convinced that he's awesome, and can do anything he puts his mind to. This has led to some embarrassing defeats in the past, but also some spectacular successes. Sometimes he even succeeds on accident, by doing something completely crazy and off the rails that somehow works.

Savant: Newt knows a little bit about a lot of things. Pokemon, history, culinary, embroidery... the list goes on. But there are some glaring holes in his knowledge base at seemingly random points. For example, he could recite the entire history of the Burned Tower and its legendary beasts, but if you asked him what city it was in he'd guess Orre.

Weaknesses:
No Social Skills: Occasionally has... difficulty relating to others... look, he's kind of a jerk. He's got a lot of confidence, which he built up by convincing himself he's better than others. This makes it hard to relate to others, and he's managed to drive off what few friends he's made over the years.

Folds Under Pressure: Okay, so Newt may be confident, but even he knows when he's outmatched. When his bluster and bravado fall flat, he tends to break down. Usually he'll just get mad and blow up at people, but a sufficiently intimidating situation can reduce him to tears or just shut him down completely.

Aspirations: At this point in his life, Newt just wants to succeed. He's been the underdog his whole life, tormented and ridiculed both at home and at school. If he can prove to the world he's as awesome as he claims to be, he might even start to really believe it himself.

Beyond that, he'd like to be a teacher. Going around and gathering first hand knowledge and gaining a reputation are the first steps to one day being able to give the greatest gift of all to the next generation. Plus, everyone respects Professors.

Rival: Despite his obvious superiority in the art of war, during the induction exam Newt was defeated by a pudgy little upstart named Drew Tucker.
This blatant insult put Drew on the short list of Newt's enemies, and over the years in the academy they would clash in various ways. Newt celebrated every victory, but to his immense frustration Drew had more wins under his belt by graduation day. He now considers Drew his rival, and becoming stronger than him is a goal in its own right.

304Aron_Dream.png

Starter Pok?mon and Nickname: Aron, "Agro"

Starter's Gender: Male

Starter's Moveset: Tackle - Curse - Mud-Slap - Headbutt

Starter Ability: Rock Head - User takes no recoil damage.

Roleplay Sample:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9597711&postcount=30

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
OH GOD SO MANY PEOPLE JOINING
Man, why not? It's an RP that's supposed to be a sequel to X/Y (WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE HAD). Of course I want to join! Since no-one is going to pick it, I'm just gonna have dibs on Scatterbug. I'll work on my thing at some point later today. Of course, this involves drawing my character~

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

wDt1zaS.png

-- SU --
Name: Chris Rodriguez

Sex: Male

Hometown: Originally from Lentimas Town in Unova, Chris was enrolled in a Kalosian boarding school when he was ten years old. Nine years later, he lives on his own in Aquacorde town.

Physical Appearance: Chris is scrawny young man. He stands at a respectable 5?8 and weighs around 140lbs. near Carmel skinned with dark hair and hazel eyes. He has a very peculiar birthmark on his right shoulder, shaped like a fancy letter of some ancient language.
Common clothing items include his brown hiking boots, A poncho that was given to him by his grandmother, and a hat he purchased in Lumiose several years prior.

Strengths:
- Intelligent: The Kalosian boarding school which Chris attended was a very premier institute, and while Chris wasn?t the top in his class, he did achieve a B grade average.

- Lore Nerd: Everyone has their quirks. Chris was always fascinated by the many legends and myths. From the cocoon of destruction, the brother?s dragons, or the island guardians. If there is a supernatural aspect about something, Chris has probably heard of several legends related to them.

- Heat ignorant: Living next to an active volcano lets one grow accustomed to elevated temperatures.

Weaknesses:
- Eternal Foreigner: Be it the accent, the clothes, or just his aura, Chris isn?t from Kalos? and people tend to notice the fact that he sticks out like a sore thumb.

- Hyper: Probably due to all the caffeine he likes to drink, but Chris is rarely ever sitting still. In fact, doing so for extended periods tends to make him exceedingly intolerable.

Aspirations:
Chris studies of ancient legends and lore has driven him to look to the various places around the world. He seeks to travel there, and look at what the remains of the past might tell him. He seeks? to become an archeologist!
Of course, travelling to some less than reputable areas would be dangerous. Which is why he decided to go on an adventure, and to train the Pok?mon that he received from professor Sycamore.

Starter Pok?mon and Nickname: ?Whisper? the Honedge

Starters Gender: Sword

Starters Moveset:
- Shadow Sneak
- Metal Sound
- Sword Dance
- Fury Cutter

Starter Ability: No Guard

Roleplay Sample:
?What on Earth am I going to call you? I can?t just call you Honedge, you should have a name.? Chris mused to himself as he watched the strange sword slowly rotate while floating next to the bed that the boy was sprawled out on.

?Excalibur was a legendary sword.? He contemplated.

CLANG! CLANG! The sword Pok?mon frantically slashed the air while letting out an ear piercing metallic shriek.

?Okay! Okay! Bad name! I get it! Kill the noise!? Chris cried out as he covered his ears.

??? The Pok?mon stopped spinning and turned to face Chris. Or so it appeared. It was always rather hard to tell which way a walking sword was facing.

?That?s it. Quiet as a whisper. Say? It wasn?t a sword as much, but there was a gilded dagger used to assassinate a king that was named Whisper.?

Tink! Tink! A much quieter metal chime echoed from the sword Pok?mon.

?You like that one? Alright. Whisper. Befitting of a ghost type as well.? Chris chuckled pleasantly. ?Say, do you know what is really interesting? There?s an old legend in my family. Says we?re descended from the ancient desert king. Your species is supposedly drawn to nobility. Can you sense it? Is that why you came to me back in the lab??

The Pok?mon made no response.

Chris yawned and looked over at the clock. 11:59PM. ?I should get some sleep. Big day tomorrow.?

Tink!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Congratulations, everyone who can now find their character linked to in the Cast of Characters section of the OP, you are Accepted!

As for the two who are not...

I'm sorry, I don't want to sound mean, but this SU seems to be leaning heavily towards quantity over quality. The grammar isn't good, not good at all, it's more often wrong than it is correct and it really takes away from the character for me.

As for the character herself, there are some Mary Sue vibes going on here. She's studious, tactful, down to earth and compassionate... but only two of her flaws are even applicable yet alone very impactful, she's quiet (more of a personality trait but acceptable I suppose), and a perfectionist.

Being afraid of one very specific pok?mon is not a good enough weakness. That pok?mon might never show up, if it does then it'll be around once, maybe twice and that's all. Then, on top of that, not liking people flirting with you isn't even really a weakness, it's a preference. I don't get where you were going with that all.

I like the uniqueness in your character coming from Orre and the potential for her to adapt to Kalos from somewhere barren in comparison... but I can't really overlook these problems like I have with some other characters. So until you give her proper flaws/weaknesses and fix up the general presentation a bit you're Pending.

Unfortunately, while the character itself is fine bar being a little on the short side, the pok?mon Chimchar has gone to Ozymandias and his character Kayla Connaway.

If you wish to choose a different starter, you may do so, until then however you are also Pending.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I'm sorry, I don't want to sound mean, but this SU seems to be leaning heavily towards quantity over quality. The grammar isn't good, not good at all, it's more often wrong than it is correct and it really takes away from the character for me.

As for the character herself, there are some Mary Sue vibes going on here. She's studious, tactful, down to earth and compassionate... but only two of her flaws are even applicable yet alone very impactful, she's quiet (more of a personality trait but acceptable I suppose), and a perfectionist.

Being afraid of one very specific pok?mon is not a good enough weakness. That pok?mon might never show up, if it does then it'll be around once, maybe twice and that's all. Then, on top of that, not liking people flirting with you isn't even really a weakness, it's a preference. I don't get where you were going with that all.

I like the uniqueness in your character coming from Orre and the potential for her to adapt to Kalos from somewhere barren in comparison... but I can't really overlook these problems like I have with some other characters. So until you give her proper flaws/weaknesses and fix up the general presentation a bit you're Pending.

That... Did not go as i expected. But anyway, i tried to fix as much as i can. As for General Presentation, i hope it's a bit better, but if needed (And with some help), i can get it a bit worked.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I intend to have my character done by the end of the day. But just in case, Bulbaesaur is mine.

Jay

Years
I would like to announce that as of right now we will not be accepting any more potential candidates for Z: A Kalos Journey.

Those who have been Accepted are ready to rock, obviously.

Those who have:
- Expressed Interest by posting here in the OOC and are currently working on / planning to work on an SU.
And
- Those who have submitted works in progress.
And
- Those currently Pending.

You are all free to continue/submit SU's before the RP officially begins.

However, for the time being, those interested in joining who do not fall into the prior categories will be met with a Denied status automatically. Depending on how the RP progresses, Sign Up's may be re-opened in the future.

Thank you all for your interest in Z and I look forward to writing with you!

Years
Kade Andrews

[URL=""https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/213361575002636288/326092810883301376/cfab3cb0f46171b24626a6e7d2230377.png]
cfab3cb0f46171b24626a6e7d2230377.png
[/URL]

Hometown: Laverre City

Appearance: Kade is a thinner, angular-faced, white male that stands at the fairly average height of around 5?9?. He used to have something of a tan from spending a lot of time outside, but during his time at the Trainer School he?s not been able to pursue his other hobbies as much due to study so this has mostly faded. Kade has long-ish, straight brown hair that reaches mid-way down his neck and is notable for the long fringe and bangs that stretch down his face. His eyes are a deep green colour and often display a sleepy sort of gaze.

For his attire, Kade usually wears fairly similar clothes. Lighter brown cargo or trousers, a pale (often white) t-shirt and then a darker and looser shirt over the top of that. Around his neck he typically were a ring which belonged to one of his now deceased grandparents.

Strengths:

• Kade is exceptionally knowledgeable on all things Flying-type, especially when it comes to birds. He knows the best ways to care for them, train them and utilize them as well about their biology, habitats and habits. He has a decent knowledge set when it comes to the other types as well, but they pale in comparison.
  • Kade is very goal focused, and when it comes to achieving what he really wants to do, he works extremely hard. In pursuing his goals, he leaves no stone unturned and isn?t satisfied unless he knows everything he needs to.
  • As an out-of-the-box thinker, Kade is often able to discern solutions to problems that others don?t see. Rather than get frustrated by the lack of a simple answer to a problem, he?ll probe around even the most outlandish options until he finds something that works. In a similar vein, he is also extremely patient.

Weaknesses:

• His creativity and unorthodox thought process make him fantastic at solving difficult problems and inventing unique strategies, but he often overlooks simple solutions or tries something unusual/crazy where a straightforward tactic would be more effective.
  • Kade?s single-mindedness towards his ambitions saw him do well at the trainer school in most regards, but it often causes him to lose focus on other things as well. He?s not anti-social nor is he bad at unrelated tasks necessarily, but he tends to prioritise things related to his goals a bit much.
  • Perhaps related to his single-mindedness, Kade can be a bit of a ditz. He spaces out easy and gets lost in his own head imagining new and exciting tactics he can try with different flying types or whatnot, often at bad times.

Aspirations: Kade is a Flying Pokemon fanatic, and intends to not only capture and train primarily (or maybe even only) Flying Pokemon but to eventually become a Gym Leader or even Elite Four member utilizing the type. As a step towards reaching that goal, he is pursuing the completion of the Kalos Gyms and victory in the League to make a name for himself.

Rival: Kade?s rival is Brielle Baker, who he met during his time at the Trainer School. They have very different mindsets and totally different ambitions and, ironically as she intends to pursue contests, Kade has yet to actually beat her head-on battle tactics. The two have a bet going to see who reaches their goal first.

RP Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9604411&postcount=51

396.gif

Stratus (Female, Reckless) - Growl, Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Double-Edge​

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Drew Tucker
681730.jpg~c200

"I dunno...sounds like a lot of work"

14 // Sleep Enthusiast // Male

Home town: Vermillion City, Kanto

Appearance: Drew takes great pride in his height, claiming that he's finally 5'2" whenever his elder cousin mocks him for being short. In reality, his constant slouch means he clocks in at a painfully close 5'0".

He isn't the type to stand out much in a room full of his peers. His unkempt scraggly brown hair and pasty white skin aren't what many would list as traits they find attractive. That said, his youth does shine through. He has big, bold, innocent looking eyes and a stubby nose that could make those who don't know the boy think he was five years younger. Despite his own frustrations, his face doesn't appear to be maturing any time soon. Some would say puberty has been kind to him so far.

While not quite fat, he lacks the athletic or slender builds shared by his friends in Vermillion. He is commonly described as 'pudgy', since his reluctance to take part in physical activity causes him to gain unhealthy amounts of body fat at a time. Though he doesn't work to lose it, his natural athletic potential and obscure metabolism have somehow allowed him to remain in relatively healthy shape.

Dressing 'well' is something that takes effort. Drew finds hoodies to be much more convenient and comfortable. He dresses simply: Wearing a blue zip hoodie, comfortable loose trousers and running shoes on his feet. Fashion isn't really his forte.

Strengths:

Strategic
When he applies himself, Drew's tactical prowess is quite impressive. He is often able to think two, three and even four steps ahead of his opponent. While he may seem dopey and slow, he has the potential to be both resourceful and quick thinking. Given the time to apply what he learns throughout a battle, Drew's strategy can be devastating.

Relaxed
Always level headed and rarely overly excited, Drew can almost always think straight. He doesn't typically overreact to situations, which allows him the liberty of a clear mind to get him out of a tough situation. This isn't to say that he doesn't acknowledge danger, but instead that he is good at putting things into perspective and being patient if he needs to: Whether it be hiding out in the same spot for hours to avoid the visit from his parents, or whether it be having his pokemon endure hit after hit in order to find his opponent's weak spot.

Simplicity
Growing up near a harbour, its no wonder Drew grew such a strong appreciation for nature. It goes far beyond that however. The boy could sit and just appreciate the ocean for hours on end. He doesn't need much to entertain him or to get him by. Drew is the type of person that could have hours of fun with a stick and some mud. He could wear a white T-shirt and some standard trousers. He could have a team of normal type pokemon and still have a blast in life.

Weaknesses:

Incredibly Lazy
Passionate, driven, Zealous: These are three words that no one would ever describe Drew as. That just isn't his lane. The boy is...lazy. Sloth is one thing, but Drew takes it to a whole new level. If there is any short cut, Drew will try to find it. Walking itself is far too much effort for him to go through if he can avoid it, and he's not above falling asleep on the spot after any moderately strenuous activity.

Family Issues
Having grown up very distant from his parents, Drew has a latent hatred of authority which often gets him in trouble. Whether it be taking orders from a police officer or being advised by a teacher Drew simply does his best to avoid them at all costs. The idea of parents specifically disgusts him most of all.

Pessimism
Drew has never been one to fight for any kind of 'lost cause'. Coupled with his laziness, his pessimism is easily his greatest hindrance, as he has been known on occasion to give up if he feels he has to work too hard to think of a way out. If things seem even remotely bad, he'll almost always be reluctant to put in any effort.

Focus
Intelligent? Yes. Efficient battler? Yes. Athletically capable? Kinda. All these things mean nothing however when he doesn't apply himself. While this is the case with most, Drew typically doesn't try harder than he feels he has to. He just isn't great at gauging how hard he has to try. That said, he is also prone to losing focus if things get too easy. Worse yet, he's been known to make decisions on impulse if it seems easier than thinking things through or working towards a goal

Goals and Interests: If he had it his way, Drew would sleep his life away. There isn't much that Drew enjoys more than sleep. Staring out at an open body of water sure does rank a close second though. Ever since he was a child, Drew has always had a fascination with crystal clear lakes and vast oceans. His parents are high achievers, so him being a deadbeat just wouldnt work. Instead he's chosen to strive for the only thing he's moderately good at...battling. He does love the idea of being champion of Kalos. Though it does seem like a lot of effort. If it doesnt work out, he's always considered becoming a fisherman.

Family: Drew considers no one his family. The two part timers that visited him every now and then while he was growing up, have been labelled with his own interpretation of the word "Mum and Dad", as he knows no other terms for them. He was mostly raised by the woman hired by his parents; Felicity. While he never recognised her as his 'family', she was the closest thing he had, and he respects her for it.

As a child in Vermillion he spent a lot of time staring out into the ocean, as it was calming for him. This was interrupted by the large ships that used to dock there Bi-weekly(Twice a week). This inspired him to use his wit to start scamming tourists who came to the region, developing his skills of improvisation. His parents were almost never around; but he knew that every 16 ships that docked in vermillion meant his parents would be returning, a feeling that got less and less exciting with each visit. On one such visit, his parents demanded he take initiative and do something constructive. So before he knew it, an eleven year old Drew along with his guardian Felicity were boarding one of those ships he'd watched so eagerly.

Rival: Drew spent the majority of his school life keeping to himself. While he kept his circle small, one person he couldnt keep out of it was Tim Newton. After beating him in the induction trials, Drew couldnt seem to shake the kids desire to one-up him. The two traded wins for most of their two years in the academy, but it was Drew who graduated with the advantage. With them both starting their journey around Kalos, Drew expects there to be several more encounters before this ends.

Starter:
chespin.gif

Species: Chespin
Nickname: Brycen
Ability: Bulletproof
Move set: Tackle | Growl | Vine Whip | Rollout

Roleplay Sample

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

Alissal

Where am I?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 28, 2017
Damn, I guess I should have posted my Wip last night before I went to sleep, Didn't expect it to be closed so soon.

Oh well, I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Maybe come up with a character I'm more happy with as well.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
VWRMfKN.jpg

"It doesn't matter who they are, and what they do. There is only one truth, and the truth will always prevail. To find the truth, is my eternal goal in life."

EMMA KUZUNOHA

Sexuality: Straight
Place of Birth: Aquacorde Town, Unova
Currently: Aquacorde Town / Studying via. The Academy
Nationality/Species: Unovian/Human

HISTORY

Childhood/Family Life: Born in raised in Aquacorde City, she lives as a lone child with her mother and father. Her mother is an actress, even before her tender years as a student at High School - she had a prospectively prosperous future in the film industry. Her father is a prosecutor, even at a young age he was already noted for his sharp intellect and deductive abilities. A few years after the two met and became married, they had Emma, who has a glow with her beautiful blue eyes, even as a baby.

As Emma grew, she often was left alone at home since her two parents were always quite busy with their work. To pass the time, she read many mystery novels, and watched different kinds of mystery television shows and movies. Overtime, the life of a detective became a passion for her. As for pokemon, while it was an interest second to mystery, she still developed a love for pokemon, just as all kids around her age.

Soon she met her very first in Aquacorde, a young girl around her age named Sayo Ruby. Sayo was a quiet girl, but she overtime became very close and comfortable around Emma, reading mystery and pokemon novels together, even playing together in the local playground. They were inseparable, and became best of friends.

However, a dark cloud soon loomed over their friendship. One day, as Rachel became a young teenager, she and her family went to the popular fossil museum in Lumiose City. The normal night was soon interrupted by blaring alarms - Emma soon overheard from the police that the megastones and fossils that were on display in the secret department were stolen. The crowd evacuated, as Emma stumbled through the chaos, left behind. Soon she noticed a couple of shadow figures, leaving towards the other way. Suspicious, Emma gave chase. Catching up to them before they got away, Emma called out to them. Soon, one of the mysterious individuals came up to her to address her. Emma recognized the voice right away - despite her massive confusion, one of the thieves was none other than her dearest friend, Sayo. Sayo looked on to her, and without saying a word left the speechless Emma, hooped on her get-away car and rode off to the distance. Emma was left disheartened. Her best friend... a criminal?

Soon the local Kalos news showcased the thievery at Lumiose City. With the police on the lookout for the criminals, Emma still couldn't believe that her best friend turned into a life of crime - one she hated with a passion. It was then Emma finally made a decision. To find her friend, no matter what. She got into trainers school when she was 17, learning more about pokemon and how to become a trainer for adventures. She also intensively studied a wide variety of subjects from History to other affairs, with one goal in mind: to become a detective. To become a detective would mean to pursue the truth always. Thus, she vowed to defeat crime, find her friend, and find the truth about her own crime.

Education: Set to graduate under the Pokemon Trainer's School, she also studied law, and various other subjects over the years, partly thanks to guidance from her father, who is a prosecutor.

Accomplishments: Her achievements are mostly based around school, getting all-around knowledgeable about the basics of Pokemon. Her detective skills weren't put to the test as of yet, but her confidence hasn't diminished in the slightest.

Regrets: Was she not there for her friend enough? She often wonders if she has failed as a friend. In truth, she never has had a real friend before, and in the case of dealing with other people, she can be perceived as insensitive and odd. If turning to a life of crime was the cause of her not being a good enough friend in the past, that would be her deepest regret.

Secrets: Not a terribly bad secret, though she has a fear of spiders and snakes. She tries to hide it, but... it's obvious.

PERSONALITY

Positives/Virtues/Skills:

"She's knowledgeable, and strong. Despite what she seems to be like on the surface, Morgan has a sense of tactful-ness about her. She's more of a realist than anything, but she's open minded towards beliefs, attitudes, and other rationale from people."

+ Responsible: Mostly in terms of caring for Pokemon and loved ones, she's the most responsible there is. She would never put anyone in more importance than others; she treats everyone equally. Her parents have often bragged that her strength comes from her caring nature, and boldness when it comes to overcoming obstacles.

+ Outside-of-the-box-thinker: Quite imaginative, she often likes to think in places where no one else would dare to. Perhaps to the point of her being an eccentric, but she always thought it was important to have this trait for detective work.

Flaws/Weaknesses:

"She is blunt, and pretty cynical. Being pretty blunt with people, she can rub them the wrong way. She's not exactly easy going with people, and can be awfully judgmental of them, even from a first glance.Sometimes she shows an odd sadistic side to her, where she likes to tease others, on one hand, signalling that she likes them, but on another, can be quite annoying to others."

Snide: Her dry attempts of humor consists of mocking silly or downright foolish individuals, at least, the ones that she thinks of.

Insensitive: She can be rather cold towards strangers, or even acquaintances. She's bluntly honest, even when it comes to discussing flaws of a person.

Snake and Spider phobia: She indeed has a fear of snake and spider-like pokemon. They way the move... and just... look at her... It crept her out.

Dreams/Ambitions: Emma has always had an eye for good mysteries. Solving mysterious, figuring out the unknown, she wants to solve the biggest questions out there, in terms of pokemon, and in life in general. One can argue that her curiosity can lead her to trouble though, sticking her nose into dangerous matters, but she does it anyway! So, while Emma wants to be the best trainer that she can, she also wants to learn all the mysterious of the pokemon world. More importantly, the biggest mystery to solve, involves her best friend.

RELATIONSHIPS

Parents: She usually gets along quite well with her mother and father. Her mother is quite overprotective of her, while her father wants her to be strong and independent. The only time Emma can get cross with them is if they treat her like 'their baby girl'.

Friends: Emma met Sayo one day, curled up under a small roof of a home, sheltering herself from the rain. She couldn't explain it back then, but it was the first time Emma truly felt pity for another person. As such, she offered her umbrella. Sayo agreed, and the two strolled together through the town.

After the day Emma brought Sayo back home, she met her again in the nearby park, reading picture books about different kinds of pokemon. Delighted, Emma greeted her, and was in aw about the different kinds of pokemon there were in the world. The two talked for hours and hours, and eventually grew warm towards each other, becoming the best of friends.

Rival: She never really though of anyone as a Rival. Perhaps she didn't feel the need, or maybe she just haven't met her yet...

STARTER POKEMON

Species: Budew

718f69f98559ab140cd74173afa31e05ff15a362_hq.gif

A pokemon who always seems cheerful and happy towards others. Perhaps Emma's polar opposite of her cold and logic-filled nature, the two seem to complement each other as a whole.

Nickname: "Vida" - Life in Spanish
Ability: Poison Point
Move set: Absorb | Stun Spore | Water Sport | Leaf Storm

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Spoiler:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Laurent Hessel
TElYNfB.jpg

Gender: "I happen to be a man, but I'd hope that was self-explanatory."

Hometown: "I was born and mostly raised in Cyllage, though Lumiose City will always hold a special place in my heart."

Physical Appearance: Laurent's appearance is immediately striking whether it is to one's taste or not. The young man stands at a healthy 6'1 with fair skin, emerald eyes dusted by flecks of gold, and a lithe, fit musculature. A slightly messy head of light blonde hair reminiscent of silver brushed with a bit of gold, long bangs framing his face and occasionally tickling his nose while the sides and backs just barely brush his shoulders. Laurent's face is angular but leans as much towards strong as it does graceful, undeniably handsome but certainly not flawless. His face seems eternally ruled by a very lighthearted and amused smile as if he always had something delightful and thoughtful on his mind that he never got tired of.

Laurent wears a certain amount of dress clothing at nearly all times, only willing to completely forego them when in a situation that requires different and specific attire. He wears tailored black slacks and equally well-fitted white whimsicotton dress shirts, saving his ties and suit jacket for actual formal occasions. His shoes are the one bit of his clothing that he changes according to each situation as necessary so he can travel freely and easily.

Strengths: "I do have a few useful talents...I suppose you'd rather I keep it brief? Well...

Dexterity/Coordination: "Nobody who has had the pleasure of spending time around me can deny that I'm quite graceful. I have excellent balance, I'm quick on my feet and am especially good with my hands. I can sew, I never cut myself while cooking and...well...Back in my days at Montpellier Academy, I was actually the captain of the boxing club for a time, I was the best outboxer in the whole school!"

Relentless Charisma: "I'm very apt at charming those around me. Whether it's my dazzling smile, gentlemanly manners, or boundless positivity. Very few things ruffle my feathers. The strange thing is as much effort as I put into my appearance and mannerisms, I've been told multiple times that many people actually like me better when they manage to catch me off my guard. It truly vexes me..."

Well-learned: "I had the honor of spending a few wonderful years at Lumiose's famous Montpellier Academy, where I received the best education Kalos can offer and I assure you I studied religiously during my time there. Though I must be honest, thanks to a few complications I was not able to finish my studies and graduate. But I certainly learned a lot while I was there! I like to think that my diligence, while I was there almost, makes up for the time I missed when I left."

Weaknesses: "Nobody's perfect, anyone who claims to be isn't worth learning about."

Divisive: "They say you can't be loved by everybody and sadly, I am no different. There seems to be almost nobody who meets me and simply sees me as 'okay' afterwords. Most people I meet who like me like me quite a bit. As for the rest, their dislike for me easily matches whatever affection I receive from those mentioned previously. I always try to put my best foot forward, but this sometimes comes off as arrogance or pompousness and I have most assuredly made my fair share of enemies throughout my life because of it."

Stubborn and competetive: "I persevere to the end of nearly any path I set myself down...usually even when it leads somewhere unpleasant. Once I make a decision I find it extremely difficult to back down even when I'm being foolish and I'm well aware of my own idiocy. I know they aren't quite the same thing but I also happen to be very competitive. I believe the two problems often compound on each other. As I said earlier very few things ever bother me but when someone does manage to pierce on of the chinks in my metaphorical armor I'm shamefully quick to snap. This pair of flaws has cost me many things I could have had if I'd only been more patient and cool-headed."

Aspirations: "My dreams are actually rather simple if you'll indulge me. I want to be one of the world's most famous pok?mon trainers! I'm going to put absolutely everything I have into becoming the best trainer I can be. I will conquer every gym Kalos hosts, get my fair share of ribbons, and compete in the pok?mon league. I don't know if I'll ever become champion, but I won't stop until I'm known across the country, or even the world, with wealth to match the fame."

Rival: (TBA upon conferring with fellow players if I am indeed accepted)

bulbasaur.gif

Bernard the Bulbasaur

Moveset:
  • Vine Whip
  • Leech Seed
  • Tackle
  • Grass Whistle (egg move)

Starter Ability: Chlorophyll

Roleplay Sample:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7938571&postcount=111

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 19, 2017
Am I able to post a character since I posted earlier, or was I too late? It's alright, either way. :)

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
You posted to show your interest before Sign Ups were closed, so go ahead and post an SU yeah

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
zePB3YO.jpg
ODETTE RADIUJU
? age 19, from Canalave City, SINNOH

Appearance:

''Oh, very clever. You've found out about my 'condition'. I guess with someone of your background it was rather inevitable. Or do you think it's easy to see, from my pale skin and colourless eyes? Honestly, now that I've dyed my hair black nobody even seems to notice anymore. I'd take to wearing contact lenses, but they irritate my eyes so, and it's hard enough to keep this mascara looking good as it is. You must've been surprised when you saw my eyes light up like that in the picture, though, no?

I know I dress nicely, too, but it's all a part of keeping up appearances. A nice shirt, a pastel cardigan, some cute shorts or a skirt with tights, and people will be much more easy to work with. Oh, this brooch? I thought it caught your eye. It's an antique silver piece, that used to contain some image of an ancestor or something, but I had it fashioned to contain this particular stone. And don't worry for all this fancy wear, I can run just fine even if my boots have heels... If not very far.''

History / Aspirations:

''With a last name like mine, I'm sure you have heard of me. Or of my father, I should say. Marche Radiuju, exploiter of the largest import company in all of Sinnoh, and his wife, the socialite and contest spectacular Ritz. Blah, blah, blah. But I'm completely unknown. Most people don't even know I exist. My father always said it was to protect me, that I would be better off growing up out of the spotlight. But he took it far enough that after primary school, I barely even saw the sunlight anymore. I'm sure he thought that was the best. It was easy enough to excuse what with my affliction, too. But it was hardly for my sake. Having their 'sickly' daughter out in the open, would make her an easy target for paparazzi as well as kidnappers. They see me more as a burden than anything. Oh and before you give me all that "tough love" crap, no. I've heard them talking behind my back. Neither of my parents thinks I'm remotely fit to follow in either of their footsteps.

Whatever. They may as well be right. I couldn't be in the public eye. Even outside my family, none of the few people I've come into contact with have ever cared for me. If anything, they poked their fun. "Little prissy grandma", they called me. At some point the bullying got so bad that I begged my mother to dye my hair. And she did, however reluctantly. I still remember her pained expression the first time she bowed over me to apply it. A direct confrontation with her daughter's most repulsive feature. It must've been traumatizing for both of us.

So, yeah. Does it really come as a surprise to you that I would respond to this invitation? It's a way out. A road to... redemption, I suppose. Now that I'm an adult, my family has no choice but to set me free. There's no point in holding up the worthless ties to them or anyone else. I'll become powerful of my own accord. I'll make something of myself. One way or another."

Strengths:

''When you have as many weaknesses as I do, it's important to play to one's strengths. Over the past two years, I've been studying diligently, albeit primarily theoretically. Still, I'm sure even with book smarts, I have no doubt I'm ready to depart. I'm fully independent, with the help I've gathered - my saving Grace, as well as the wealth of money my father sent me off with, and otherwise I'm sure with his name, I'll be able to pull some strings. Apart from that, I can't say I have many redeeming qualities... although I guess my home tutor used to say I was bright for my age.''

Weaknesses:

''Weaknesses aplenty. I mean, it's obvious my lacking physical strength is a big one. My stamina nor strength are good, and I have a rather pesky relationship with the sun and its rays. I'll be sure to deal with that, though. I always make sure to coat any exposed skin with sunscreen, and down the line a Pok?mon with Rain Dance could do the trick. Other than that, as you may have noticed, I'm rather alone, in that I have no connections that would willingly lend me a hand - but I might be able to pull some strings by mentioning my surname nonetheless. Likely the Radiuju name stretches across the regions, yes?
If you'd ask others, I've often been told I'm apathetic, selfish, and withdrawn... sarcastic, ungrateful, and lazy... among others. I'll leave you to judge which of those ring true.''

NOTES:

''As you know, I followed a similar school program from home since I was 16... but I assure you, since I have been with my dear Grace all the while, we are ready to set out on our journey. I'll show you, and everyone who doubted me, exactly what I'm made of, in a region far from home. And don't worry about the others not knowing who I am. I'll see them at graduation regardless... and I don't intend to get close to any of them anyway.''​

PARTNER POK?MON

Species: Ralts?
vlcsnap-2013-12-22-15h07m01s174_zps863be821.png

Nickname: Grace
Ability: Synchronize

''Grace was given to me by my father when I started my studies... the one thing I suppose he did right as a father. She was especially bred and nurtured in a lab, and went through a tough time herself as they enhanced her abilities. But her particular colour scheme, different from any other, is what made my father gift her to me. We were both 'different', he said, 'and for that reason all the more beautiful'.''

Moveset:
CONFUSION / DOUBLE TEAM / TELEPORT / PAIN SPLIT

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Stage 1 Mission Claiming:

1:

2:

3: Shak

4: Sephear

5: Godzil

6: Dungeon Master

7: Jay

8: Oddball_

9: Kitty

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Name:
Rai Cross​

She's a girl. Born with female parts, identifying as dudette.​

Hometown:
Aspertia City, Unova​

Physical Appearance:
Standing at 164 cm, Rai is a thin, pale girl with a complexion speckled with freckles that leak down over her shoulders. Her most prominent feature is her extremely long, bushy brown hair, reaching down to her knees. Usually, she puts it up into thick loose braids, and then it "only" reaches her waist. Her big eyes are an intense amber-brown shade.

Her standard outfit on the journey is a very simple dark gray tunic with no sleeves, bare shoulders, V-necked, which goes down to just above her knees. Black leggings cover her spindly legs, before white sneakers take over. When necessary, she wraps herself up in a long mustard yellow knitted scarf. She wears no piercings, but a long silvery chain with a gemstone pendant dangle from her neck.
Strengths:
Unfazed
Up until now, Rai basically never takes anything seriously. She laughs anything off if she can, and will never feel bad about being insulted or shamed, as she simply handles it by makes fun of the situation, the insulter, or herself.

Tinker
Rai was always good at working with her hands and understanding how things fit together. Advanced machinery, contraptions, puzzles and tricky designs interest and fascinate her.​

Weaknesses:
Challenge accepted
She really can't let a challenge go untouched. It'll probably be her downfall one of these days.

Icky freaky cutesy
Perhaps she was always that way, or perhaps too many years of Kea terrorizing her with cute pok?mon dolls, but Rai gets uncomfortable in the company of too small, too cute pok?mon.​

Rival:
Rai's twin cousins, Nyo and Kea, went to the same trainer's school as Rai, but they were pushed by their mother to graduate ahead of time and leave earlier on pok?mon journeys. Rai is bent on catching up, at last.​

Aspirations:
Starting out, her tangible goal is to beat both of her cousins in battle. Her mother always had a rivalry with her aunt, when it came to who was the best trainer. Rai's mother Ritha, always seemed to be slightly more skilled than her younger sister, Kaisa. Kaisa has spurred her children on to keep a rivalry with Rai (although the three were always secretly great friends as kids) and urges them to always try to be better than her at battling. For her mother's sake, Rai makes it her primary goal to make sure they aren't.

In life in general, Rai just wants to get rich enough to not have to worry about earning more money. She hasn't quite yet decided what job or career she should pursue in order to get all the money she wishes for. Perhaps battling could be it, if she gets good at it.​

Starter Pok?mon and Nickname:
Elekid, "Echo"​

Starters Gender:
Male​

Starters Moveset:
Quick Attack - Low Kick - Thundershock - Barrier​

Starter Ability:
Static - The opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with PARALYZE when using an attack, that requires physical contact, against this Pok?mon.

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited:
Back