• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Next huge update will include two version. Either with a level 100 cap, or a level 250 cap.

Also, in the span of, I think, a day, in terms of adding and inserting tilesets and maps into Emerald, I have been able to include the following:

-All Kanto Cities
-All Kanto Routes
-Kanto Safari Zone
-Indigo Plateau Outside
-Mt. Moon
-Kanto Victory Road
-Viridian Forest
-Rock Tunnel
-Diglett's Cave
-Seafoam Islands
-Cerulean Cave

It's been alright so far haha

Yo, that's impressive, I'm surprised you figured it out so quickly haha.

Have you decided yet what Kanto is gonna be like in your hack? Like, are you looking to basically import firered (scripts and all) or are you gonna do a G/S/C sort of thing where you mostly have just the gyms and major npcs/buildings without a story/linear path?

Also, are you planning on removing some pokemon from Hoenn to move them to Kanto? Between Hoenn and Kanto combined it should be way easier to spread everyone out without needing super long encounter tables everywhere ;)

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Yo, that's impressive, I'm surprised you figured it out so quickly haha.

Have you decided yet what Kanto is gonna be like in your hack? Like, are you looking to basically import firered (scripts and all) or are you gonna do a G/S/C sort of thing where you mostly have just the gyms and major npcs/buildings without a story/linear path?

Also, are you planning on removing some pokemon from Hoenn to move them to Kanto? Between Hoenn and Kanto combined it should be way easier to spread everyone out without needing super long encounter tables everywhere ;)
I guess it probably, Gen 2, 3, 4, 5 are arranged in Hoenn, Gen 1, 6, 7 are arranged in Kanto. According to XY and Oras, or Gen 7 probably are arranged in seven island. Such as Alola Sandshrew is arranged in Ice Fall Cave, Alola Ghost+Fire is arranged in Mt Ember, I think so.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
Years
I'm in the minority here but I think you should keep the levels expanded if you have 2 regions. Your game is already difficult and the levels are around 80 after beating the league, so I predict after a half of the second region they will be around 100 which is a problem.

PS: Male Combee evolves into Vespiquen.

My thoughts exactly.

Though we have the option to adjust opponents back to low levels in the next region after receiving a new region starter. (We'll be forced to use a new team for the new region that way)

Basically, back to square one. Not the best solution out there though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I guess it probably, Gen 2, 3, 4, 5 are arranged in Hoenn, Gen 1, 6, 7 are arranged in Kanto. According to XY and Oras, or Gen 7 probably are arranged in seven island. Such as Alola Sandshrew is arranged in Ice Fall Cave, Alola Ghost+Fire is arranged in Mt Ember, I think so.

You keep answering questions for LCCoolJ95, but do you have any basis for these guesses, or are you just imagining what you'd do if it were your hack?

Trainer 766

You keep answering questions for LCCoolJ95, but do you have any basis for these guesses, or are you just imagining what you'd do if it were your hack?

Ignore her. She's just trying to fish for attention on another Emerald hacker's thread because she's too lazy to work on her own hack. Not to mention that she tries so hard to make every single thing she said relatable without realizing she's being really repetitive.

Like please, stop butting in just because you want to have the spotlight, you're not the creator, LC is. Therefore, we would like an answer from him, not you.

EDIT: Panda Face, don't you even try to come up with the dramatic "You wanna know why I help LCCoolJ95? It's because bla bla bla". No, we don't even know what you're doing here and we don't want to know. All you should know is that we don't appreciate you being nosy around this part when most of us have specific questions directed to LC. So please, stop with your tieba story essay.

Last edited:

Fid

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019

Ignore her. She's just trying to fish for attention on another Emerald hacker's thread because she's too lazy to work on her own hack. Not to mention that she tries so hard to make every single thing she said relatable without realizing she's being really repetitive.

Like please, stop butting in just because you want to have the spotlight, you're not the creator, LC is. Therefore, we would like an answer from him, not you.

EDIT: Panda Face, don't you even try to come up with the dramatic "You wanna know why I help LCCoolJ95? It's because bla bla bla". No, we don't even know what you're doing here and we don't want to know. All you should know is that we don't appreciate you being nosy around this part when most of us have specific questions directed to LC. So please, stop with your tieba story essay.

I know who you are. You are one of those guys that your favorite hack Tieba Edgy Hack 1.8.0.3.8 id not grtting updated and you are searching for another Emerald Hack that is bettert than your Emerald Frosty White EX Tieba Tribes 2.7.8. You came here just for that reason because in ny school they don't let us buy ice cream unless the temperatures go over 25 degrees celsius.

On another note. Good luck with the Kanto part. Although I'm a little harsh on comments at times, I usually have good intentions. The level 250 expansion would be more than useful for a game with teo regions, considering by the end of Hoenn we almost get to level 90.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
I pached the game and it ended in a weird black screen

Attachments

• Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).png
    Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).png
    700 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

shadyjesy

no money, no honey
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2020
hi, so, played this game - love it, it's a simple concept that no one else is doing right now. or cannot do. but now onto the bugs;

- occasionally in double battles, the game will freeze. music will continue to play but the game freezes. it happened twice during my Liza & Tate fight and a few other times. (Although never when battling the camera and news duo) To me it isn't that game breaking, you can just save before entering a double battle.

- after using a battle frontier facility (i used Factory) the pokedex completely resets to 0 and becomes unusable AND my TM/HM bag completely empties, I think I noticed someone else report this too. this one is a glaring bug that needs fixing.

the ROM/update i'm using is the one supplied in his video. i don't know how up to date it is but i'm not aware of what rom to use to patch it myself, all the ones i've attempted all freeze at the start. if someone could tell me the one i should be using (no links or anything, nothing to break the rules) that'd be great.

if y'all could give an answer without the attitude that seems to be present in this thread it'd be much appreciated, thanks loves x

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2017
I feel as if my post quoted below was lost in all the muck. Would someone please help me?

Heya, Neruko here. Curious question, it's probably been asked before, but I cba to search for it. How does one Mega Evolve outside of double battles (which I've seen happens) I can't seem to figure out how to do so in single battles.

That question aside, I love the challenge placed in this game, I'm only up to Mt Pyre and am having a ton of fun, much more than I would in regular emerald. Thank you so much for taking the time to make such an amazing hack.

shadyjesy

no money, no honey
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2020
I feel as if my post quoted below was lost in all the muck. Would someone please help me?

so is the problem that you just don't know how to mega evolve at all?

you basically press start before choosing a move.

bitKoder

completely unreasonable
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Upon launching the patched Pokémon Emerald ROM, the emulator displays a mostly black screen with some glitchy broken white lines. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
Back