joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
All right guys so the votes are in and gen 5 style overworlds are gonna be inserted! yay. The next alpha will be coming out hopefully early december.

PS could a mod close my poll? I have no idea how.:P
I died and am dead

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
986 posts
5.8 Years
Oh will the next version also enable the newer abilities as of gen four and possibly ability capsules? I would like it if the shroomish I mentioned in my game were to get Poison Heal in the update patch if I can get an ability capsule somewhere.

Either that or ditch the crap abilities altogether and replace them with the better ones in certain cases while making it so others gain the better ability upon evolving. This would add a nice extra challenge to the game if Shroomish were to start with Effect Spore but upon evolution gets Technician. As such those with a Breloom end up becoming a decent challenge to overcome.

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Oh will the next version also enable the newer abilities as of gen four and possibly ability capsules? I would like it if the shroomish I mentioned in my game were to get Poison Heal in the update patch if I can get an ability capsule somewhere.

Either that or ditch the crap abilities altogether and replace them with the better ones in certain cases while making it so others gain the better ability upon evolving. This would add a nice extra challenge to the game if Shroomish were to start with Effect Spore but upon evolution gets Technician. As such those with a Breloom end up becoming a decent challenge to overcome.
Sorry for the delay on answering. I may add new abilities and attacks later but im not sure. I dont really know how atm.

And be sure to follow the new Instagram account @Pkmn_Blackened_Night I made for this hack. Updates, gameplay teasers and possible release dates will be added there most likely before here, as this site hates my ipod.
But for all you adoring fans, I have more updated screen shots with the new finished overworlds in them! Yay. Big thanks to anonyboy for helping with the sprites!

And the heros are done
I died and am dead

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
there's some gen 4 toolkits that work on gen 3 roms, just ask around
Yea but for Emerald? I havent seen any.:-/ From what I've heard though mrdollstreak is making an attack base for Emerald. Not sure if its 100% true though. So, mrdollstreak, if your reading this could ya confirm it?;P

Also indoor tiles are finnaly being inserted. Yay. So the first alpha should go faster now.
I died and am dead

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon

Male
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
986 posts
5.8 Years
Yea but for Emerald? I havent seen any.:-/ From what I've heard though mrdollstreak is making an attack base for Emerald. Not sure if its 100% true though. So, mrdollstreak, if your reading this could ya confirm it?;P

Also indoor tiles are finnaly being inserted. Yay. So the first alpha should go faster now.

Yeah you're right, I almost forgot this was an emerald hack. But yes I actually can confirm MrDollSteak is working on that, I saw him remark on it when I asked him about ever possibly enabling the same thing for emerald. But he is the one to hear it from proper.

But with regards to working things with what you have right now, there's a program called G3T which allows you to edit everything about a rom, weither it's been patched or not. I sometimes mess with it on older hacks prior to the creation of the phys/special split patch made by doesn'tknowhowtoplay to enable the split and to change pokemon learnsets among other things.

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Yeah you're right, I almost forgot this was an emerald hack. But yes I actually can confirm MrDollSteak is working on that, I saw him remark on it when I asked him about ever possibly enabling the same thing for emerald. But he is the one to hear it from proper.

But with regards to working things with what you have right now, there's a program called G3T which allows you to edit everything about a rom, weither it's been patched or not. I sometimes mess with it on older hacks prior to the creation of the phys/special split patch made by doesn'tknowhowtoplay to enable the split and to change pokemon learnsets among other things.
Yea but the sequel will be based in fire red. Well hopefully he comes out with it after I finish my hack, that way no overwritten scripts for me.:)

Yea I've got it. Barely used it though.
I died and am dead

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-Creator

Male
Israel
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
278 posts
5.9 Years
Sorry for the delay on answering. I may add new abilities and attacks later but im not sure. I dont really know how atm.

And be sure to follow the new Instagram account @Pkmn_Blackened_Night I made for this hack. Updates, gameplay teasers and possible release dates will be added there most likely before here, as this site hates my ipod.
But for all you adoring fans, I have more updated screen shots with the new finished overworlds in them! Yay. Big thanks to anonyboy for helping with the sprites!

And the heros are done
hi what about some credits for spriting... and by the way i'll send more frames in the next few days... finally learnt how to sprite sides...
Pokemon....

A new Dawn of ROM Hacking.....

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
hi what about some credits for spriting... and by the way i'll send more frames in the next few days... finally learnt how to sprite sides...
Hey sry bro, havent updated the credits in a while have I? Doing so right now!
I died and am dead

Dedenne1

Changing Seasons~

Age 20
Non-binary
Mewni~
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted March 4th, 2018
6,463 posts
5.7 Years
I like how this hack looks but i must say it doesnt look good when theres a 4th gen sprite in a 3rd gen world or 3rd gen sprites in a 4th gen world. Lol i cant 100% tell the sprites are good but if u put a 3rd gen sprite next to a 4th gen sprites either the 4th gen sprites looks bigger and fat lol or the 3rd gen sprite looks puny id stick with the fourth gen sprites and just implement them. Also why are some of the sprites umm actually why is the females hat sprite digging into the guys head? Haha.
Anyways it still looks like a great hack good luck with this.
-
Playing
Reading
Credit
Haitus
Discord

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
I like how this hack looks but i must say it doesnt look good when theres a 4th gen sprite in a 3rd gen world or 3rd gen sprites in a 4th gen world. Lol i cant 100% tell the sprites are good but if u put a 3rd gen sprite next to a 4th gen sprites either the 4th gen sprites looks bigger and fat lol or the 3rd gen sprite looks puny id stick with the fourth gen sprites and just implement them. Also why are some of the sprites umm actually why is the females hat sprite digging into the guys head? Haha.
Anyways it still looks like a great hack good luck with this.
Well there are no 4th or 3rd gen sprites. Only 5th gen now. I may have a patch that changes them to 4th gen though.

Her hat just hates him I guess.:P
I died and am dead
Male
USA
Seen September 26th, 2016
Posted June 14th, 2015
192 posts
6.5 Years
I think to make the game graphically better you should change the trees imo. I don't really like the way it looks.
Pokemon Cosmic: A New Threat

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.[/sig-reason]

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah

Age 19
Male
Seen May 6th, 2019
Posted March 11th, 2017
1,070 posts
6.1 Years
Dude, there seems to be a lot of grammar errors everywhere. You gotta fix that :/
Good luck with this, and I really hope you're planning on making every OW the player's style, and not mixing them...

EDIT: I see, you're making them all one style. Well that's great, and looks awesome!

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Dude, there seems to be a lot of grammar errors everywhere. You gotta fix that :/
Good luck with this, and I really hope you're planning on making every OW the player's style, and not mixing them...

EDIT: I see, you're making them all one style. Well that's great, and looks awesome!
Thx. the grammar is being fixed. I just kinda rush sometimes and mess up.
Yea I'm gonna fix the OP screens cause people keep saying that.

I think to make the game graphically better you should change the trees imo. I don't really like the way it looks.
I was thinking about it, but I don't have a tree I want to change it to.

Wow this is coming along wonderfully the updates show promise.
Thx. Been working pretty hard on it.
I died and am dead

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Alright guys so I think I'll release the first alpha early just containing less story. The first alpha will only go until Flower City. For those of you who haven't played the original release that is just a little before the 2nd gym town. All I need to do is fix grammar errors, make a few more sprite frames, a little testing to smash any bugs that may pop up and if I have time to fix the title screen.

Im glad to see that people still want this.:3

Update. The first alpha is almost done and will go up a little past the first gym. It will include 2 routes, 2 towns and a forest. Lost of trainer battles! And new trees!
Yes those stars glow.:)
I died and am dead

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
ALPHA 1 hath been released!!!!!
Get it here! Alpha 1 1/7/15 Download/Mirror/Mirror2
This alpha goes to the end of route 2. Shorter than what I wanted for the first alpha, but I wanted to release a stable and hopefully bug free for you guys to play!

Hope you enjoy!
I died and am dead

Nex

Also called _Nex_

Male
Seen June 14th, 2019
Posted January 12th, 2018
344 posts
5.9 Years
ALPHA 1 hath been released!!!!!
Get it here! Alpha 1 1/7/15 Download/Mirror/Mirror2
This alpha goes to the end of route 2. Shorter than what I wanted for the first alpha, but I wanted to release a stable and hopefully bug free for you guys to play!

Hope you enjoy!
It cant be shorter than my hacks demo xD
gl Im going to give it a try!

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Hey guys little bug fix update for ya. Fixes a few game breakers that were reported and a few not so terrible ones. As always this is a ups patch and requires nups to patch it.
Alpha 1.1 1/11/15
Download Mirror
Changlog:
Fixed some tile errors.
Fixed Death glitches.
Buffed a few trainers.
I died and am dead
Age 28
Non-binary
Seen October 17th, 2017
Posted December 10th, 2016
79 posts
4.5 Years
Umm, I think the game froze as I was about to battle the first trainer in the first gym. I didn't save either and the Pokémon center's staff were all brain dead and answered to nobody. I'm pretty sure I got the latest patch.

From what I've seen so far, not too shabby, not quite amazing either. Mostly due to bugs though. The things I did enjoy were the big gen 5 sprites. Dunno if starters are final but Poochyena seem a little generic. I think anyone who played through gen 3 already trained it many times. I did like Shuppet though so that's what I choose.

Not sure what you have in mind for music either but may I suggest another battle theme? It's the gen 3 theme we all know and love, sure, but like with Poochyena I think many heard it to death already, especially with OR/AS being released last year. I'm personally more into the gen 4 or 5 theme but that may just be me.

I'd make the maps a tiny big bigger too, like the starter town, it feels a little claustrophobic. When speeding up the emulator I could almost not get back into my house to check if I had missed anything. ( Or rather see if I could heal there, which I couldn't. lol )

I think if you go over things again and tidy things up a little you'll have a good start for a hack, I want to continue playing whenever things come around and finishes up a bit. Don't give up!

Here to support and play your projects!

Joexv

joexv.github.io

Age 21
Male
Oregon
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted August 7th, 2018
1,031 posts
6.8 Years
Umm, I think the game froze as I was about to battle the first trainer in the first gym. I didn't save either and the Pokémon center's staff were all brain dead and answered to nobody. I'm pretty sure I got the latest patch.
Yea I had a few typos in the trainers scripts that locked up the player, they are fixed it the next alpha along with the pokecenter staff being fired and new professionals getting their jobs.

From what I've seen so far, not too shabby, not quite amazing either. Mostly due to bugs though. The things I did enjoy were the big gen 5 sprites. Dunno if starters are final but Poochyena seem a little generic. I think anyone who played through gen 3 already trained it many times. I did like Shuppet though so that's what I choose.
Hopefully I've removed every bug reported as I said above it will be fixed in the next alpha. The starters are final, but there will be nice twists to how the starters will be raised, so keep on the look out for that.

Not sure what you have in mind for music either but may I suggest another battle theme? It's the gen 3 theme we all know and love, sure, but like with Poochyena I think many heard it to death already, especially with OR/AS being released last year. I'm personally more into the gen 4 or 5 theme but that may just be me.
All the music will be changed in the next alpha. for now I am changing it to HG/SS music until more custom music is developed. But I havent heard from my music hacker for a while so idk.

I'd make the maps a tiny big bigger too, like the starter town, it feels a little claustrophobic. When speeding up the emulator I could almost not get back into my house to check if I had missed anything. ( Or rather see if I could heal there, which I couldn't. lol )
Yea I was kinda feeling the same so the next alpha will have a bigger starting town and the already released maps are supposed to be small. Eventually they get bigger so just wait. Yea you can heal at your house but due to another typo your aunt refused to acknowledge your Pokemon.

Also guys, here's a little update on progress for the next alpha:
most of the routes and towns are already done on mapping and just need to be scripted, I fixed as many bugs as I can and now you don't have an evil looking reflection in the water! As you can see here:
The next alpha will feature another gym and bug fixes to the current gym.
Many tiles are being fixed to look a little better with the gen 5 size sprites
And I'm reworking the shadows on the sprites, I have over 3/4 of the done. the shadows will now be slightly smaller and a little more "dynamic" to go along with the movement..
I died and am dead
Advertiser Content