• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
I rather ash never gets another water type pokemon. After the ridiculous release of Greninja, he should stay away water types or stay away from water type starters in general. I swear if ash releases his pokemon again when he has a full team and no reserves then i am done. Goodra and greninja being release was a disgrace. Good thing ash lost the kalos league because that will be punishment for releasing two pokemon that did not need to be released.

Anyway i expect one starter fully evolved and perhaps Rockruff too.

I think that piece of concept art that leaked Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina could hint to what direction Ash's Alola team may go, especially since Ash and Mallow were seen in one of the drawings on Incineroar's section of the artwork.

The drawing seems to suggest Rowlet will remain unevolved while Litten goes all the way to Incineroar. Unfortunately I have a problem with Litten fully evolving because Ash has already had two Fire-type starters as his regional ace (Charizard and Infernape) and adding a third one would just be overkill for me and unfair to those who wanted Rowlet to be the Alola ace.

Rockruff wasn't shown in that artwork, but I could definitely see it evolving. Out of which Lycanroc form I could see Rockruff becoming, as much as I love Midnight's design, Midday is probably the more fitting one for Ash.

As for if Ash should catch a Water-type in Alola, I am really feeling that it's unlikely. While he did become friends with a Wimpod in one episode, he didn't catch it, and most of the Water-types of the new Pokemon lineup are either unfitting for Ash (Pyukumuku) or were given to another main cast member instead (Popplio, Mareanie). I feel Dewpider is probably going to be the only suitable contender here, since I like its design and I'd also love to see Ash get a Bug-type once again.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I think that piece of concept art that leaked Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina could hint to what direction Ash's Alola team may go, especially since Ash and Mallow were seen in one of the drawings on Incineroar's section of the artwork.

The drawing seems to suggest Rowlet will remain unevolved while Litten goes all the way to Incineroar. Unfortunately I have a problem with Litten fully evolving because Ash has already had two Fire-type starters as his regional ace (Charizard and Infernape) and adding a third one would just be overkill for me and unfair to those who wanted Rowlet to be the Alola ace.

Rockruff wasn't shown in that artwork, but I could definitely see it evolving. Out of which Lycanroc form I could see Rockruff becoming, as much as I love Midnight's design, Midday is probably the more fitting one for Ash.

As for if Ash should catch a Water-type in Alola, I am really feeling that it's unlikely. While he did become friends with a Wimpod in one episode, he didn't catch it, and most of the Water-types of the new Pokemon lineup are either unfitting for Ash (Pyukumuku) or were given to another main cast member instead (Popplio, Mareanie). I feel Dewpider is probably going to be the only suitable contender here, since I like its design and I'd also love to see Ash get a Bug-type once again.
I rather see Rowlet fully evolved so ash can have a ghost type.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I can agree, since I felt Ash not catching that shiny Phantump was a missed opportunity. But knowing me, the writers will be biased towards giving Ash another Fire-type ace.
True but they did give him a Sceptile. Pignite never evolved so it never became that fully evolved fire starter ash has.

Of course ash can fully evolved litten and rowlett. Similar to sinnoh.

Years
True but they did give him a Sceptile. Pignite never evolved so it never became that fully evolved fire starter ash has.

Of course ash can fully evolved litten and rowlett. Similar to sinnoh.

Ash did get both Torterra and Infernape in Sinnoh, but remember that Torterra was an absolute wimp in battle. Since it fully evolved, it was never able to beat anyone except Team Rocket.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Ash did get both Torterra and Infernape in Sinnoh, but remember that Torterra was an absolute wimp in battle. Since it fully evolved, it was never able to beat anyone except Team Rocket.
Problem was they put too much focus on Infernape. Torterra is a slow pokemon which fast pokemon can outspeed.

But both Rowlet line and Litten line should have equal focus.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Problem was they put too much focus on Infernape. Torterra is a slow pokemon which fast pokemon can outspeed.

But both Rowlet line and Litten line should have equal focus.

DP had a lot of poorly done writing, so i'm not surprise why Torterra was treated like crap. It sure didn't make things anybetter by having Infernape become the main focus of the Sinnoh team.

Maybe Ash will get a water type like Crabrawler or unless Lana let Ash have Poppilo. That's the only way he will have a water type.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
DP had a lot of poorly done writing, so i'm not surprise why Torterra was treated like crap. It sure didn't make things anybetter by having Infernape become the main focus of the Sinnoh team.

Maybe Ash will get a water type like Crabrawler or unless Lana let Ash have Poppilo. That's the only way he will have a water type.
Crabrawler is Fighting. I got put off with ash owning waters after he released greninja.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Crabrawler is Fighting. I got put off with ash owning waters after he released greninja.

I guess we will have wait and see what kind of pokemon he will catch this time around. Maybe he will catch a Crabrawler for once.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I guess we will have wait and see what kind of pokemon he will catch this time around. Maybe he will catch a Crabrawler for once.
For once? Crabrawler only appeared in alola. It never showed up anywhere else.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I definetly see Ash still catching a Fighting Type Pokemon. I have to wonder though if he will catch Bewear instead of Team Rocket. Currently, I don't know if Bewear is helping Ash or Team Rocket. Passimian and Crabrawler are both good choices and they match Ash's personality. However, I would rather it be Crabrawler since he already has a fighting monkey and another fighting monkey that he has forgotten about.

I still think and hope Rowlet will evolve fully. I'd rather it not stay a Rowlet. Especially since it doesn't seem to stay in his bag anymore in the later episodes.

Litten and Rockruff will both almost definitely evolve. I think Rockruff will have a 3rd form though.

I am kinda hoping Ash catches Drampa right now. And I honestly really want him to catch an Alolan Form still, but I hope it is new ones from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that we may get.

I think it would be nice for him to miss out on a water type after Greninja, but I don't think that justifies someone staying he should always stay away from water pokemon from now on.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I hope ash stays away from alolan forms. They too close to kanto and we already have pikachu in the picture.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
For once? Crabrawler only appeared in alola. It never showed up anywhere else.

Crabrawler can always re-appeared again somewere else. It would make a really great catch for Ash to have on his Alola team.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Crabrawler can always re-appeared again somewere else. It would make a really great catch for Ash to have on his Alola team.
Do you mean it appears once in one area of alola and reappear in the next? Possible but i hope they don't because we already had litten give ash the run around.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Do you mean it appears once in one area of alola and reappear in the next? Possible but i hope they don't because we already had litten give ash the run around.

Crabrawler can always appear again in the next area of Alola, and hopefully Ash may capture it.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
If ash is getting a brand new type then ghost would be it since he has a rowlet that can go into Decidueye.

Years
I'm getting reminded of how much people want Ash to catch Tapu Koko. Nope, it's still a legendary and they are forbidden.

Back