• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
Are u going to release beta v3 in this year or 2019?
Who knows... he might release it this year, next year, or even ten years from now. The guy can decide to release it anytime he wants, we're just fans though...

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
I don't mean to be rude, I do agree that this hack was probably the best out there wen beta 2.5 was released but in this time there are others hacks that surpass Gaia and with creatures alot more dedicated to they fans and I'm not just talking about development because that it's undstandable that this is a hobby but this page get comments and questions everyday that go without a reply from the creature for months if ever and it's not theasy case that the creator does not see them or its busy with life and that won't allow him to log on because he is also a Admin. In my opinion is don't think he has alot of respect towards the fans that absolutely love he's work or else he would come here at lease every 1 or 2 month's and let people he is alive and show that he appreciates all the love people has for he's creation. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but this is how I feel has a fan of pokemon Gaia, may pokemon Gaya be great again one day

marcc5m

what
Years
I don't mean to be rude, I do agree that this hack was probably the best out there wen beta 2.5 was released but in this time there are others hacks that surpass Gaia and with creatures alot more dedicated to they fans and I'm not just talking about development because that it's undstandable that this is a hobby but this page get comments and questions everyday that go without a reply from the creature for months if ever and it's not theasy case that the creator does not see them or its busy with life and that won't allow him to log on because he is also a Admin. In my opinion is don't think he has alot of respect towards the fans that absolutely love he's work or else he would come here at lease every 1 or 2 month's and let people he is alive and show that he appreciates all the love people has for he's creation. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but this is how I feel has a fan of pokemon Gaia, may pokemon Gaya be great again one day

The creature doesn't owe you bro : \

I am eagerly awaiting more updates but take all the time you need Spherical ice because I, a true fan, want to see you work at the pace that best suits you : )

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 18, 2018

I agree but can u recommend some hacks which are better other than glazed, light platinum, flora sky?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Could you stop please? I think rom hacks are made because of hobby not of professional. Spherical Ice has made a fantastic hack and he has a life to handle first.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
This has probably already been answered, but is there a fix for the female Kirlia evolving into Galade?

Years
still waiting for the update, hope it will be the complete version because we have waiting for so long.. hehehe cheer up Spherical Ice we are your fans because we always waiting it :wink-right-eye:

Years
The new Protagonists sprites are awesome! I can almost smell v.3!
Thank you!

when I saw you edited by SPHERICAL ICE yesterday and that I believed in the release of the V3 (T-T) sniff!
LoL
I'm looking forward as a child on Christmas Eve
v3 is being worked on, I appreciate that you and many others are anticipating it and I appreciate your support.

Hello. When is the final game coming out? I'm so damn hyped for this. I actually played it in 2016, but I realized the hack was incomplete, so I quit after the 2nd gym. I can;t wait for it to come out!
Unfortunately, it's impossible to predict when the final version will be available. However, I am working hard on v3 which, at the bare minimum, will have all eight Gyms available.

Yo! Welcome back man! Love the new trainer designs, especially the female playable character. Gonna wait patiently for V.3 because I know it will be worth it.
Thank you.

The redesigned sprites for the main characters look amazing. Love them.
Thank you! Revolocities is certainly a talented character designer and artist.

Hi, its me, PM500!
I love the redesigned sprites for the main characters from Pokémon Gaia.
Thank you!

I found more bugs after I reached the end of the beta. IDK if have been reported though.

-The ability pill is consumed even if the pokemon doesn't have another ability (also, no message of confirmation is shown). Tested it with Infernape and Gardevoir and only worked on the 2nd.
-You can get trapped in Telmurk Swamp. After using Surf and spawning a wild poke on the water I got trapped once (the surfing pokemon dissapears from the overworld and you can't return to land). If you use walk thru walls code to get out from there, when you enter any building, the game resets.
Yes, both of these bugs have been reported and fixed for v3. Thank you.

I'm currently at Precimos Island and can't continue the game. I saw in the game screenshots that there are new areas where i buy pokemon egg, a bridge and stuff. How can i get to it.I'm using my old save file btw (2.5 version)
That is where the current version, v2.5, terminates. v3 is being worked on, and will include the content you've seen in those screenshots such as the Egg Nursery, Gyarados Bridge, etc. You will not be able to reuse your v2.5 save, however, due to certain changes made to the Pokémon encryption system in v3.

Man, the redesigned main characters and rival look amazing! And so do the rest of the updates you are giving us!
I do want to ask though, since we will be able to use Dive to go to Edashore Town, that means that we will also be able to go to Katosurf Town right?
Also reporting a small graphical bug. In the Valoon Reserve, the tall grass that is on the elevated part of the field looks like you are standing on top of it, not walking through it. I don't know if it has been reported but I thought I'd let you know.
The bug in Valoon Reserve has been fixed for v3, thank you.

As for accessing Katosurf Town, that depends on how far along v3 ultimately goes. Katosurf Town, like Ovarr Island, is planned postgame content. For example, while Katosurf Trench will be accessible and you may Dive, there are, initially, rocks which impede further progress to the Town. These rocks will be cleared eventually, but this is not tied directly to getting access to Dive.

Hi, I'm a HUUUUUUUGE fan of the game, best ROM hack i've seen, but just wondering, does V3 have an official release date? If you have already released it how can i download it, if not, do you know when you will release it?
Thank you. There is no official release date for v3. This thread, and my twitter account @spherical_ice, as well as Gaia's thread at Relic Castle, are the three places where I will certainly post when v3's release date is announced.

Great rom hack! Can't wait for the finishing product.

Btw here's my team so far. :boogie:
bAFcG7
Thank you. I like your choices in teammates! Gengar and Excadrill have found their way on a handful of my teams, too.

I saw an edit of this month and got my hopes very high up!

Here we are waiting for more of this awesome game. Take all the time you need, you've already done a masterpiece. But man, I'd love to play the next part. This and Pokemon Eclipse are now of my favorites.
Thank you.

Can I know where can I get ampharosite???
Ampharosite will be available in v3.

and if I play in android, how can I continue my saved file if theres new version release??
You will not be able to reuse saves from previous versions for v3, irrespective of whether you are playing on Android or not, due to changes made to the game's engine.

Hey there!

I'm new here in the forums and I wanted to talk about a glitch i've found that i saw mentioned in page 40/41 but have yet to find the answer to the problem. (Maybe I missed it)

The glitch happened in Telmurk Swamp, while i was surfing. I don't know if it was because i was using the speed up button or if it randomly happened, i also am not sure if the glitch happened after i finished a battle or if no battle happened but my sprite lost its ride, the surfing pokémon disappeared, and it made me become stuck on the water.

Trying to surf again didn't work and it didn't let me get out of the water. (I'll enclose a screenshot for you to see).
Spoiler:

I have downloaded the most recent version (a week ago) from the main page, so I assume I'm up to date.

I also made the mistake to save my game in the water assuming that if i reset the game the glitch would solve itself, which it didn't.
The only escape I found (for other users with the same problem) was to faint all my Pokémon in the water. It took a good 40 minutes (with the speed button), but it did work and when i crossed the water again nothing happened, and i managed to reach the Battle Marsh.

Wondering if the issue has been adressed yet and if there's something else i should do in case this happens again.

Amazing game tho, I'm loving playing through this!
There is no current fix for this, other than to not Surf in that water initially. It will not be an issue in v3, however.

Hey Ice! You've made such an incredible game and I would like to express my thanks first and foremost for the hours of entertainment you've provided for me.

The only thing I have to say about the game that there are certain areas that you can get stuck into if you forget to bring a pokemon that surf or fly.
This happened to me when I was grinding exp outside of city with the bug catching contest. I dropped down a ledge and was stuck between a ledge and some water with a waterfall.
I believe that there should be no such design flaws where players need to reset to earlier saves due to minor oversights like this.

I would also like to suggest keeping a sort of bugtracker in an online document or website where bugs are archived and labeled as fixed/being worked on/unreplicatable etc. The README.txt is not really that ideal.

Best of luck and thanks for spending time to develop the game.
Thank you, the issue in Valoon Way's level design has been fixed for v3, so it should be impossible to get stuck. I agree with your suggestion for an online bug tracker, and will consider setting one up for when v3 is eventually released.

Thanks for this amazing game. The graphics are beautiful and I'm loving the story as well. There always seems to be plenty to do between the main mystery with the quakes and New Elders, the gang taking over Telmurk City, the Battle Marsh, Sabulo Tower, etc. It feels very purposeful as you move along and never gimmicky (like some of the main series games' new additions). It's a really nicely put together game, and I'm looking forward to v3 when it drops.

Just a quick error I ran across: When I was facing Will's Slowbro in the 6th gym, the cry used for Slowbro appearing sounded more like.. a Growlithe or similar than what I would expect from Slowbro. It might be a mixup.

Lastly, a suggestion: In Sabulo Tower I loved how many trainers there were as it was a great chance to get a lot of Exp. points. But going up and down the tower if I needed to heal up was a bit of a hassle. Could there be a trainer that heals up your team for you, somewhere in the middle or so? Or like in good old Lavender Tower, a healing area that you could walk into? I didn't mind it so much but this could be helpful to have.

Thanks again for the hours of entertainment. I just finished up what there is of beta 2.5 and wanted to chime in a little.
Thank you for your kind words! I will investigate Slowbro and Mega Slowbro's cry, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

As for Sabulo Tower, I agree with your complaints and have actually already changed, and streamlined, how that series of battles functions: instead of several Trainers with one to three Pokémon, it is significantly fewer Trainers with teams of 5. This maintains the amount of experience gained, ups the challenge, and makes navigating the Tower far less annoying. I feel this is a fair compromise, as a healing spot would, flavour-wise, make less sense.

Came to check in after a few months and am relieved to see that progress is still being made on this. I first discovered Gaia about a week after you released v2.5 and loved it so much that I knew I'd have to stick around for the full package. Going on for three years later, I'm still eagerly awaiting its release. Take as long as you need dude, I'll wait :)
Thank you, I appreciate your support.

Anyone know the location to these:.
EverStone
Destiny Knot
Power items
Shiny stone
Ditto

I'm assuming they're obtainable since breeding is a thing in the game. Thanks.
The Everstone can be found in Archan Tunnel, if memory serves. Shiny Stones can be won by coming in first place in the Bug-Catching Contest. Ditto can be found in certain maps for the Telmurk Warehouses. The other items are not available in v2.5.

should i wait for version 3 to come out before i start playing because currently I am playing other games and ROM hacks and i don't know the estimated time of release
I personally would recommend waiting for v3.

do you know when will come out pokemon gaia v3
There is no set release date.

It's a great hack, but did you give up the project?
Thank you. I have not given up on Gaia; v3 is still being worked on.

can't believe it's been 2 years since i last played this fantastic rom hack. can't wait to play the final version of this game.
Thank you.

Played it until the end of the beta. Awsome and fantastic rom hack with a great story. Keep it up!
Thanks!

The beta was amazing! I played through it blindly Nuzlocke style with my brother and we had a ton of fun - it's not too easy, but not ridiculously difficult, and the attention to detail is so apparent. Well done. I'm very much looking forward to the finished product.
Thank you.

Any clue when's there is a potential release date?
Sorry, I do not have a release date.

hi spherical ice, im a pokemon rom hack lover here, hope you'll release pokemom gaia complete version/next update asap!! alot of people are looking forward to it. Could say that I was disappointed to have stumble upon the incomplete v2.5 but the gameplay and storyline was excellent. I cant wait for the full version because it is so much better than all the rom hacks out there
Thank you, I am still working on v3.

I just wanted to come here and say that this hack is by far the most impressive I've played so far. From the writing, to the ambitious Mega mechanics, to the sprites- every piece working together to make a polished game that has left me wanting more.

The pacing is also a major strongsuit, every gym and every trainer was appropriately challenging but not overpowering to the point to where I needed to grind to beat them, although the poison gym gave me a little more trouble than any of the others (sludge bomb hurts!) I never felt like I was being cheated.

I felt for the rival, the way they are written and the way they start getting aggravated by losing to you- as you see them grow as a character. At one point I totally thought they were going to turn on me and set me up because I kept beating them!

The characters in the game all behave like real people, the writing isn't too over the top or too subtle and the world feels fresh and fun to play in. Unique environments like swamps and sewers (with dialogue boxes that made me chuckle about it being so gross) put this hack in its own league for me. Here's to hoping there will be more updates in the future.

Thanks again, I had a blast!
Thank you for your feedback! It's nice to hear you enjoyed playing Gaia.

Are u going to release beta v3 in this year or 2019?
I can't say for sure. Obviously I would prefer to have a release ready for this year, but life, and especially programming, can be unpredictable.

lets just hope its the completed version
Nah, Spherical Ice stated in the previous pages that v3 will only be up until the 8th gym.
To clarify, v3 will at least go up to the 8th Gym: this much has already been done. The question is whether the release will go further than this. For now, the plan is to go up to either just before, or just after, the Pokémon League.

This has probably already been answered, but is there a fix for the female Kirlia evolving into Galade?
Currently, no, but if memory serves, this will be fixed for v3.

still waiting for the update, hope it will be the complete version because we have waiting for so long.. hehehe cheer up Spherical Ice we are your fans because we always waiting it :wink-right-eye:
Thank you.

Will it ever be completed?
I hope so.

Here are a few assorted screenshot from various places on the progress I have made in the past few months on v3 of Gaia:

1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
I've run into this issue as well where using image tags just removes the images from the post completely. Had to resort to posting an imgur link in full

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Changing https to http in the image URLs seems to work. Made an imgur album here if you don't wanna wait.

Last edited:
Years
Can't see the screenshots

I've run into this issue as well where using image tags just removes the images from the post completely. Had to resort to posting an imgur link in full

Changing https to http in the image URLs seems to work. Made an imgur album here if you don't wanna wait.

Yeah, it seems like imgur have changed their terms of service and have started blacklisting pages which use imgur as a content distribution network so that the images don't show up. I've rehosted the screenshots from the most recent update post, as well as those on the first post of the thread, to my own website.

marcc5m

what
Years
see guys it's still alive and #kicking i never stopped believing in the spheal man cant wait to see what u got in store next i like the dessert route

I Stand With Pokamon Gaia

Last edited:

TheGreat_Saiyaman

Justice™!
Years
Those screenshots are lookin' good!
Although, something on the screenshot for Victory Falls looks kinda awkward. Maybe it's the trees that are right beside the white part of the waterfall.
Either way, good luck finishing the rom hack everybody's waiting for!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
First of all, i gotta say that this is one of the best hack roms I've ever played, but I have a bug. When I'm in the Sabulo Tower and I try to take the stairs up the screen go black and I can play anymore. I don't know if I'm doing something bad.

Regards.

Back