• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Attention Gen III hacking suite users

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
If you use Gen III Hacking Suite, I am hear to let you know that Firered is broken with the tool. I have no idea why this is happening, but this is the error that pops up when opening a firered rom.
New%20Text%20Document%20(2).png
Opening this rom in YAPE doesn't work either, it also throws an error. The other tools work fine with Firered. I posted this in the Gen III thread, but thought I'd post this outside of it for those people that may not check it, and if anyone else in general has any knowledge on why this may be happening. You can download the program Here to see for yourself.

EDIT: To add in Pokémon to a Fire Red rom, download and use Pokémon Game Editor. Not all Fire Red roms wil work. The ones that do are Fire Red (U) (V1.0) (f1) and Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).

Last edited:

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
I got it to work using the squirrles rom. Also, if you have multiple roms in your ini, get a new one if you aren't using those roms anymore. That could cause issues when loading a fresh rom.

Back