• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2011
During a pokemon battle in FR/LG, how do I end my turn without taking any action? I don't want to attack, switch pokemon, or use an item. I just want my turn to end. If there isn't a direct method of doing this, can someone recommend an easy solution that doesn't involve wasting PP?

Thanks

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
During a pokemon battle in FR/LG, how do I end my turn without taking any action? I don't want to attack, switch pokemon, or use an item. I just want my turn to end. If there isn't a direct method of doing this, can someone recommend an easy solution that doesn't involve wasting PP?

Thanks

I think that's part of the game that you can't skip a turn, and you may need to change your strategy in order to suit this. There is, nor has there any been, a way to skip a turn in any Pokémon game so far. Your best option is switching Pokémon in and out. I'm curious though - why would you want to skip a turn?

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2011
The following is within the scope of beating the normal game. I do not play competetively.

I've decided to pick Venusaur as my starting pokemon, and use the following moveset for tough battles:

Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Double Team
Poison Powder/Substitute (Don't know if I NEED sub for AI opponents)

I'm sure this is a known combo. If not, the idea is that I put the opponent to sleep right off the bat with sleeping powder, hit him with leech seed, and buff my evasion with double team. When evasion is at +6 (And the 1st guy is probably dead), I hit everything else with poison+leech seed, and sit there while they wiff.

Since venusaur will have buffed evasion, I want to keep him in to tank. Since he doesn't have an active attack, I have no real way of using him at that point, thus the need to simply end my turn.

As a 4th attack, I've considered something active, such as Solar Beam, or Megadrain. Megadrain has only 5 uses in FR/LG, so eff that. Solarbeam is very cool, but I think I prefer poison powder just for the added life drain. 1/4 hp a tick sounds very nice.

I searched pretty tirelessly for a way for Venusaur to inflict a secondary status ailment, like confuse, but haven't found one. If anyone knows of a way to do this, or has any general ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear from them.

Edit
------
Quick follow up question: Do Pikachus holding "Light Balls" exit in Leaf Green? I'm not looking forward to restarting my game in emerald or something -_-

Thanks,
<- This guy

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Quick follow up question: Do Pikachus holding "Light Balls" exit in Leaf Green? I'm not looking forward to restarting my game in emerald or something -_-

Light Balls are held by wild Pikachu in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald only. In FR/LG they don't have them.

Pikachu can be found on RSE in the Safari Zone, Area 1 and 2. There is only a 5% chance that it will appear and even then there's still only a chance they will be holding a Light Ball. On the bright side you don't need to restart your Emerald to get one, but on the downside you need to wait until you complete the FR/LG main story and get the Ruby and the Sapphire in order to trade with R/S/E. :/

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Holographic just means that it has a certain shine to it, like when you move it you'll see the light reflecting on it. You'll probably get it once you see it.

Well, the sticker is not Holographic, the Cartridge is see-through red, and the official Nintendo seal of quality is on it. Could it still be a fake game?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hm, is there anyway possible that you could take a picture? Cause I find that odd. The sticker should definitely be holo.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
My Sticker is not a holographic one though I bought mine in walmart on release day the sticker should be Gold outlined in a sun like zigzag pattern in an oval right above the version # I.E AGB-BPRE-USA

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It would help if I actually had my game next to me, I reckon. But I recall the sticker having some shine to it. Then again, FRLG are my least favorite games, so it's not like I pick them up and play them all the time. So holographic might have been the wrong word to use, my bad.

Years
The following is within the scope of beating the normal game. I do not play competetively.

I've decided to pick Venusaur as my starting pokemon, and use the following moveset for tough battles:

Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Double Team
Poison Powder/Substitute (Don't know if I NEED sub for AI opponents)

I'm sure this is a known combo. If not, the idea is that I put the opponent to sleep right off the bat with sleeping powder, hit him with leech seed, and buff my evasion with double team. When evasion is at +6 (And the 1st guy is probably dead), I hit everything else with poison+leech seed, and sit there while they wiff.

Since venusaur will have buffed evasion, I want to keep him in to tank. Since he doesn't have an active attack, I have no real way of using him at that point, thus the need to simply end my turn.

As a 4th attack, I've considered something active, such as Solar Beam, or Megadrain. Megadrain has only 5 uses in FR/LG, so eff that. Solarbeam is very cool, but I think I prefer poison powder just for the added life drain. 1/4 hp a tick sounds very nice.

I searched pretty tirelessly for a way for Venusaur to inflict a secondary status ailment, like confuse, but haven't found one. If anyone knows of a way to do this, or has any general ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear from them.

Edit
------

Thanks,
<- This guy

I guess I should help you out. First off, having Poisonpowder and Sleep Powder in the same moveset, they can't be used at the same time, and there's no need to pick and choose between them every battle, either one is fine. Another thing that intrigued me is that you chose Poisonpowder, over Toxic, which can be obtained via TM, and is much better. The biggest problem here is that you need a solid attacking move. Razor Leaf is a good choice for a passive set, because it has high PP and a good critical hit rate. Solarbeam should be out of question without Sunny Day, and Mega Drain is outclassed by Giga Drain, which is also obtained via TM. If you want some REAL power, then give it Frenzy Plant. As of now, this set is far too passive and poorly constructed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2011
I guess I should help you out. First off, having Poisonpowder and Sleep Powder in the same moveset, they can't be used at the same time, and there's no need to pick and choose between them every battle, either one is fine. Another thing that intrigued me is that you chose Poisonpowder, over Toxic, which can be obtained via TM, and is much better. The biggest problem here is that you need a solid attacking move. Razor Leaf is a good choice for a passive set, because it has high PP and a good critical hit rate. Solarbeam should be out of question without Sunny Day, and Mega Drain is outclassed by Giga Drain, which is also obtained via TM. If you want some REAL power, then give it Frenzy Plant. As of now, this set is far too passive and poorly constructed.

I'm the new guy here, and am currently revising the moveset, but I don't agree with some of the things you said (Within the context of single player).

If the opponent is sleeping, most of the time waiting 1 turn to build up solarbeam isn't going to matter.

Toxic seems awesome if the fight lasts for a long time, but it only overtakes poison by the 4th turn. Given poison + leech seed will kill anything that doesn't heal in 4 turns, I consider it to be no more than personal preference. Toxic has higher accuracy but lower PP than powder, so for the time being I went with the alternative.

Lastly, the idea of the moveset was that I wouldn't be choosing between sleep and poison; I would be using them both. Sleep to set up leech seed and double team, and poison to finish the fight(s) off. I'm currently debating sticking with this strategy though, so I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Overall, thanks for the input. Could have done without the little jab at the end though.

Years
Um hi! I just restarted my Emerald which I haven't played for 4 years so I'm still abit of a noob. What are the good and bad natures for a Mudkip? I might be teaching it Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Earthquake unless I find another Pokemon for those HMs...

The Red Chain

Adamant is okay but you'll be less powerful in the Surf department.
Brave is probably better for that moveset if you really don't mind sacrificing whatever speed it has.
Mudkip's line has a higher attack stat than special attack, and being that you'll have Earthquake, one of the better moves on your Swampert [assuming you'll evolve it], Quiet is not really that good.

So out of those choices, Brave is best.

Years

Adamant is okay but you'll be less powerful in the Surf department.
Brave is probably better for that moveset if you really don't mind sacrificing speed.
Mudkip's line has a higher attack stat than special attack, and being that you'll have Earthquake, one of the better moves on your Swampert [assuming you'll evolve it], Quiet is not really that good.

So out of those choices, Brave is best.

Thank you! Wow! I happened to get a Brave Mudkip! :)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house ^^ Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not anymore.... I just gave it to my Grandma today (she bought it for me off of Amazon.com) to return it. Sorry.

Well, that's fine too. Soon you'll be on your way to getting a good copy, I'm sure. :)

My Pokémon Sapphire went missing for a couple of months an I finally discovered it in a damp corner of one of the rooms in the house ^^ Now when I put it in my DS to play [being all happy that I've found it, because I'd been looking for it for AGES and needed to import to my Diamond game to complete the NationalDex] Anyways, I turned it on and it tells me the internal batery has run dry and that clock based events will not occur. Can this be repaired in any way?

Why, yes it can. Seems to be a lot of these questions lately. Linking up with the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc will enable the patch, and I want to say Pokemon Channel, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen as well, though I'm not too sure on the latter. And I think you can still order replacement batteries. If you look back a few pages in this thread, there are probably better answers, cause I know this question has been brought up a lot recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back