• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon essentials

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask the question, if not, I'm sorry.

So recently I've bought RPGmaker xp and started on my own pokémon fangame, I want to make it a very indept game eventualy.
But I got stuck for the first time, I'm trying to create a door wich is locked and can be opened by a certain key, I've made the item gave it a sprite etc...

Now I have a basic door set-up, I thought adding a conditional branch would work, but I can't figure out where to select the item I created or on how to make the door check that the player has the key.

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 4, 2020
When you have correctly defined your item with the link MGriffin gave you, create a conditional branch using a script with this line
Code:
$PokemonBag.pbHasItem?(:"INTERNALNAMEOFYOURITEM")
Welcome on the forum by the way, I'm Belgian :p what with the bloody Belgian thing? haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
Haha It's been my game Tag since forever haha =D
One day typed it in and it stuck with me

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
thumb.php

I can still enter the door without having the key, did I do something wrong?

Back