• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfechu

Bond, Covalent Bond
Years
This thread was inspired by Alakazam17's Ultimate Monotype Challenge which is awesome and you should totaly check it out cause it's awesome :D

'This is so amazingly popular!!', 'Such a good challenge' -
These are just some of the comments being said about this challenge :)
No, they are not fake...

Okay peeps time to take on the generations, but this time as a legendary pokémon.

This is the right section as it involves each game and so cannot be allocated to one particular generation.

Requirements:

• A copy of Red, Blue, or Yellow. FireRed and LeafGreen are fine but try going with the originals.
  • A copy of Gold, Silver, or Crystal. HeartGold and SoulSilver are fine but try going with the originals.
  • A copy of Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.
  • A copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.
  • Emulators are fine, just don't cheat :)
Rules:

• You must go through each generation, on any of the games of that generation. Order R/B/Y or FR/LG > G/S/C or HG/SS > R/S/E > D/P/Pt
  • You must beat the Elite Four. Twice for D/P/Pt and you must beat Red for G/S/C or HG/SS
  • The whole aim is to choose a legendary that is in that game, and use it throughout the game.
  • If you are using ROM's then you may hack in a Legendary pokémon HOWEVER Do Not Use A Code That Makes It Level 100, etc. Be Fair!
  • If you are using the actual game, you may trade in the Legendary you choose as soon as you can.
  • Up to TWO HM Slaves are allowed so choose wisely.
  • HM Slaves are not to be used in battle, at all. For the Elite Four, put them in the PC.
  • Only One Legendary - That will be the pokémon you use for the entire game.
  • Apply by giving your character name (must be the same in each game), your Legendary Pokémon and the version for that generation.
  • No Missingno or Mew please.
  • As dooxer pointed out, no Arceus either please :)
I'm going to see if I can get someone to make banners for each Legendary Pokémon :)
Don't Worry, More Than One Person Can Use The Same Pokémon.
Useable Pokémon:
Generation I
The Legendary Birds, MewTwo
Generation II
The Legendary Birds, MewTwo, The Legendary Beasts, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi
Generation III
The Legendary Golems, Latias, Latios, The Elemental Trio, Jirachi, Deoxys
Generation IV
The Lake Trio, The Dragon Trio, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin

Note: Most of the earlier legendaries are available in the later generations as well :)

The Challengers:
Spoiler:

Provide regular updates if you can :) They can be detailed or just quick bullet points, as long as I know you're not cheating :)

Thank You, and Best of Luck :)

Last edited:

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
you should include Arceus in banned... every TM usable and best stats in game. almost overkill how it gets earth power at lvl 20...

subame

I control the spice!
Years
This actualy sounds veary interesting....Quick question though, if using an actual game cartridge, would be permissable to use action replay or the like to alter wild pokemon or the starter? Purely for aquiring the legendary in question, of course... I was thinking of signing up and using my friend's AR for fourth gen.

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Yes but Bibarel is not avaliable in Kanto, Johto or Hoenn is it??

Think about what you say...

'This is so amazingly popular!!', 'Such a good challenge' - These are just some of the comments being said about this challenge :)
No, they are not fake...

Also, yes they are fake. They would have been posted here and have had more people sign up.

Dude... Lying fails.

I request a Lock on this thread

Last edited:

subame

I control the spice!
Years
Still, in Kanot Gen 1, there are only 5...even in Gen 3, not all are needed to complete the game. Same for Gen 2....Also, I believe betwwen a Pelliper and a Crawdaunt in Gen 3, you can still have Surf, Fly, Rock Smash, Strength, Dive, and Waterfall...It is abit unfair but still possible....on a related note, Kingler can learn the same HM's as Crawdaunt.

Tox

fight me
Years
Yes but Bibarel is not avaliable in Kanto, Johto or Hoenn is it??

Think about what you say...

Also, yes they are fake. They would have been posted here and have had more people sign up.

Dude... Lying fails.

I request a Lock on this thread

Dude, deep breaths. No need to get so angry. I'll explain.

Okay, first of all, OP never said you had to use the same Legendary Pokémon and/or HM Slaves in every game. You might want to read that again before launching another attack.

Second of all, OP is not lying. Once again, you've misinterpreted what was actually said. If you look again, you'll notice OP was referring to the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with that statement. Now, don't you feel silly?

- - - - -

Anyway, I usually despise using Legendaries which is exactly why I'd like to join this challenge if it's still open?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Seems somewhat interesting, although I've seen a solo challenge before, Legendary seems like it'd be a bit less grinding.

I'd do it after I finish the challenge I'm currently on, but not wanting to play through 3 generations again. XD And I can't use Manaphy, the only legendary in Gen 4 I liked. :P

Tox

fight me
Years
Started this anyway.

Name: Intoxicated
In-Game Name: Tox
Versions and Legendaries: Blue and Articuno. Sadly, I've decided not to carry on.

- Started game.
- Named player Tox.
- Named rival Legend.
- Hacked Articuno as starter.
- Rival chose Bulbasaur.
- Defeated Legend.
- Delivered Oak's Parcel.
- Defeated Legend.
- Defeated Brock and obtained Boulder Badge.
- Chose Dome Fossil.
- Defeated Misty and obtained Cascade Badge.
- Helped Bill.
- Defeated Rocket and obtained Dig.
- Received Cut from Captain.
- Captured Bellsprout for Cut.
- Defeated Lt. Surge and obtained Thunder Badge.
- Defeated Erika and obtained Rainbow Badge.
- Defeated Giovanni at Game Corner Hideout.
- Found Mr. Fuji and obtained Pokéflute.
- Obtained Gold Teeth and Surf at Safari Zone.
- Gave Teeth to Warden in exchange for Strength.
- Defeated Koga and obtained Soul Badge.
- Obtained Lapras for Strength and Surf.
- Defeated Giovanni at Silph Co.
- Defeated Sabrina and obtained Marsh Badge.
- Obtained Secret Key in Pokémon Mansion.
- Defeated Blaine and obtained Volcano Badge.
- Defeated Giovanni and obtained Earth Badge.
- Made it through Victory Road.
- Defeated Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance.
- Defeated Legend.
- Entered Hall of Fame.
- Completed Blue.

BlueLegendScreenshot.png

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I would definitely like to try it. I think I'm gonna use mewtwo, but don't put me down for him just yet. I need more time to think.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
Years
Started game

Got first Pokemon (squirtle)
Got pokedex
Caught Mewtwo
Beat Brock
got through Mt moon
Beat Rival Dialga
Beat rocket grunt
Helped Bill
Beat Misty
obtained Cut
Beat 3rd Gym leader.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I'll take this on! I'm going to go ahead and try playing through Yellow using Mewtwo. I will go ahead and use an emmulator so that I can raise Mewtwo from a low level like you would in the game.

EDIT: Sitting in Viridian City. I currently have a level 10 Mewtwo!

Last edited:

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Name: Mikaru
Game: Firered
Fame: Latias

Game 2: Gold
Fame 2: Suicune

Game 3: Ruby
Fame 3: Latios

Game 4: Platinum
Fame 4: Shaymin

I'll begin maybe next week, so you don't have to list me yet. Too bad Skarmory isn't a legendary (Amirita :C .)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back