• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Any ideas for Sinnoh regional variants?

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Years
I'm making a Platinum remake, which you can find in the games showcase section, and I intend to include regional variants in it! The only thing is, I don't really have any good ideas. I've made one already, Sinnohan Mimikyu, which bases its costume on Pachirisu rather than Pikachu.

Last edited:

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Hmmm considering how Sinnoh's boxart legendaries are time, space and antimatter, why not some forms based on these concepts?

A clock-themed Hoothoot and Noctowl (Flying and Psychic/Dark/Ghost);
A compass rose Klink line might be cool (I'd think Flying-type, but prob because in Portuguese it's called "wind rose");
For antimatter, I read somewhere that a particle and its anti-particle carry opposite charges, so what about Electric/Ghost Plusle and Minun?

Btw, those custom sprites look amazing!

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
I think a cool idea would be a ninja themed Zorua line. I think their based on assassins so a ninja theme would be cool.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
Even with the expanded dex of Platinum, there could definitely be more fire-types, maybe aim for one of those?

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Years
I think a cool idea would be a ninja themed Zorua line. I think their based on assassins so a ninja theme would be cool.

I really like this idea too, they could be like the signature Pokémon of those ninja boy trainers who like to pop out of the ground and surprise you.

Even with the expanded dex of Platinum, there could definitely be more fire-types, maybe aim for one of those?

I definitely do want a good variety of fire types in the game, and have already included some extras like the Growlithe line, Fletchling line, and Oricorio, but I want to do a fire regional variant too. Do you have any candidates?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
Here's a little spitball, feel free to take some ideas:
-A pure-fire burning sun-based Minior
-A Ghost/Fire wildfire-burnt tree ghost Trevenant line
-A Fire/Fairy or Fire/Dark Impidimp line based off of demons
-Pure Fire-type Falinks based on Greek Fire

Back