• 2417 replies
  • Public Poll

Which battle facility in the Battle Frontier demo is your favourite?

• 73.00%
  • 14.18%
  • 11.16%
  • 19.16%
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
84 posts
194 Days
That's strange, as MyBoy I believe was tested to work. If you have JohnGBA, give it a shot to see if it runs, if it doesn't, it's your rom, because JohnGBA works on my end. If it does work, it means there's likely an incompatibility with MyBoy.
I played unbound with MyBoy, the game works perfectly. Make sure your .sav is using I believe is the flash 128k or whatever the term is. Perhaps that's the issue. I have MyBoy pro since I find ads annoying but it's not expensive about $5-6
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
84 posts
194 Days
Whenever im trying to run pokemon unbound it always crashes, it doesnt even reach the menu. It just crashes 2 seconds after i tried running rom at myboy
I played with MyBoy, the game works perfectly. Make sure your .sav is flash 128k (whatever the term is). I don't know if that's the issue. I did pay the $5-6 for the no ads version of MyBoy but that shouldn't be the issue. Good luck!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
9 posts
148 Days
I played with MyBoy, the game works perfectly. Make sure your .sav is flash 128k (whatever the term is). I don't know if that's the issue. I did pay the $5-6 for the no ads version of MyBoy but that shouldn't be the issue. Good luck!
I just remembered that im using an outdated version of myboy (・ω・), i thought my "myboy" is the one that isn't working because i patched the ups file directly but i guess i was right but then ive also tried john gba and pizza boy which runs the game smoothly however im more comfortable with myboy W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ (๑>◡<๑) thanks to everyone who helped me R̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
84 posts
194 Days
I just remembered that im using an outdated version of myboy (・ω・), i thought my "myboy" is the one that isn't working because i patched the ups file directly but i guess i was right but then ive also tried john gba and pizza boy which runs the game smoothly however im more comfortable with myboy W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ (๑>◡<๑) thanks to everyone who helped me R̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶
I downloaded MyBoy some time ago, hasn't updated since that time but I do automatic updates with my tablet of my apps. I also have pizzaboy but prefer MyBoy for its simplicity and the no ads version allows for multiline cheats to be used however for unbound of course I don't use any. Glad you got yours working. Enjoy unbound.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
84 posts
194 Days
Another question, how do i change the save directory for my boy?
The directory itself you should not change. The .savs for your games you can easily rename them as your games update depending on which games you have. You can change where the main MyBoy folder goes in whatever device you are using, however the save sub directory where your .savs are should remain with the same name. Good luck!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
9 posts
148 Days
The directory itself you should not change. The .savs for your games you can easily rename them as your games update depending on which games you have. You can change where the main MyBoy folder goes in whatever device you are using, however the save sub directory where your .savs are should remain with the same name. Good luck!
I wanted to be organized as much as possible like I created a separate "GBA" folder for the roms and every rom has their own subfolder. I am wondering if it is possible to move .savs to their respective folder because I tried moving .savs of a certain rom to its folder and tried saving ingame to see if it works but instead it created a new .savs in the "myboy" folder>"save" folder.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
84 posts
194 Days
I wanted to be organized as much as possible like I created a separate "GBA" folder for the roms and every rom has their own subfolder. I am wondering if it is possible to move .savs to their respective folder because I tried moving .savs of a certain rom to its folder and tried saving ingame to see if it works but instead it created a new .savs in the "myboy" folder>"save" folder.
I see what you did. MyBoy will do that, create the save subfolder. I don't think you can change that. You're pretty well have to be satisfied with what you did. Good luck!
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
3 posts
1.2 Years
I might be asking this in the wrong thread but would anyone know why I wouldn't be able to edit the type chart in Unbound by simply going into a hex editor and locating the chart's offset? I like to play roms with a custom type matchup chart and can usually just edit the chart before starting a rom. My changes don't seem to be expressed in gameplay at all.

jastolze007

Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
362 posts
4.3 Years
I might be asking this in the wrong thread but would anyone know why I wouldn't be able to edit the type chart in Unbound by simply going into a hex editor and locating the chart's offset? I like to play roms with a custom type matchup chart and can usually just edit the chart before starting a rom. My changes don't seem to be expressed in gameplay at all.
I assume the dev team repointed the chart and didn't delete the old one. CFRU is incredibly different than other mods. Maybe do a test on another CFRU based hack and see if the problem persists. If it does, it means you're editing old and now unused values. I actually wanted to change many hacks that use this as an engine's level cap to 255 but even that was shifted around from vanilla FR.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
3 posts
1.2 Years
I assume the dev team repointed the chart and didn't delete the old one. CFRU is incredibly different than other mods. Maybe do a test on another CFRU based hack and see if the problem persists. If it does, it means you're editing old and now unused values. I actually wanted to change many hacks that use this as an engine's level cap to 255 but even that was shifted around from vanilla FR.
Interestingly enough that chart includes fairy type and even a unique type. That leads me to believe that table would be used. The chart's offset is 009619C0 for anyone interested

jastolze007

Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
362 posts
4.3 Years
Interestingly enough that chart includes fairy type and even a unique type. That leads me to believe that table would be used. The chart's offset is 009619C0 for anyone interested
It could possibly be a dummy or an older, now unused chart. Maybe another chart is in the code somewhere?