• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pillars of Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
The Battle Rages On!

Currently waiting on Pokemon Essentials V.13 before progress continues but here is a little spoiler for now...

Implementing the early stages of the updated battle system and style for Pillars, with an updated screen resolution as well! As you can see, Zygarde is just SHAKING with excitement, and this is not even the half of it!

zygarde_is_just_shaking_with_excitement__by_worldslayer608-d6w3xhc.gif

just_keep_swimming____by_worldslayer608-d6wrj1s.gif

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Looking very nice so far, I can imagine this is going to take a pretty good computer to play efficiently :p

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
The Works

Venom12 and I have been hammering out this bit of the interface lately and I figured it was time to share it as it is coming together. A big shout out to Luka S.J who had helped provide the direction of the frame work. It was an idea I proposed and probably would not have gone with if it was not for his direction.

This is a sample of the Red option. The player will be able to select from a variety of colors such as Black, White, Blue, Orange, Pink, Purple, Green, Yellow, and some other specialty colors as well.

the_works__by_worldslayer608-d6xmrcz.png

You may also notice that there is a Full Restore item bound as well. Potions as well as a few other non-key items will be able to be registered for quick access through your journey.

I hope you all like this little bit of eye candy. The next update is going to be going over some of the item changes, as well as spoiling some of the new items that come with those changes!

Stay tuned.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Now that is a good-looking frame.
You guys really managed to pull it off!
Great work!

The bold text looks a little weird though. Bad scaling of the font, by the game?

Riansky

Purr
Years
Now that looks really good! Good job on the interface.
Not really a big fan of speech bubble graphics but other than that everything seems spot on!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Now that is a good-looking frame.
You guys really managed to pull it off!
Great work!

The bold text looks a little weird though. Bad scaling of the font, by the game?

The bold font has been doing that for me in Essentials regardless of the font and size. Maruno pointed it out the other day and I am honestly not sure why it is doing that as of right now. It will hopefully be worked out before the release. For now I am just ignoring it.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The bold font has been doing that for me in Essentials regardless of the font and size. Maruno pointed it out the other day and I am honestly not sure why it is doing that as of right now. It will hopefully be worked out before the release. For now I am just ignoring it.

I think that's because of the resize factor. If I'm not mistaken, the font when bold is an odd number of pixels wide, which the 0.5 resize factor doesn't like. Test the game under 2*2 px resolution - I bet the font won't be distorted then. Nothing you can really do about it though :/ I think.

Other than that...looks cool man :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I think that's because of the resize factor. If I'm not mistaken, the font when bold is an odd number of pixels wide, which the 0.5 resize factor doesn't like. Test the game under 2*2 px resolution - I bet the font won't be distorted then. Nothing you can really do about it though :/ I think.

Other than that...looks cool man :)

For some reason I did not think about that despite knowing that it could be a cause. I guess I am use to RMXP just making it blurry as it does with tiles so it did not cross my mind. Thanks man, I will take a peek at that. If I recall, it was even doing it at a 400 x 240 res though XD I will take a peek when I am home.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
That menu looks very good, and you've got an interesting style going with your sprites that's quite intriguing. The route you posted looks great, I'd like to see a screenshot of a city maybe, too.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I may or may not spend some time getting a city shot. It really depends on how far I take the demo out. As of right now, I am working on making some item adjustments, getting the interface smoothed out for Venom, and wrapping up the maps that are most certainly going to be in a demo. If I have time after that to go through and grab some more diverse screenshots for you guys to peek at, I might do so. Chances are though, that the remaining spoilers will be reserved for other things.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I love what it looks like this game looks very promising not many people attempt this great graphics and the sprites look the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020

The Journey Begins!
Meet your regional starters for the Koen region.

2znpcuv.gif
2uiu6tv.gif
fbayqg.gif

o9o4mo.gif
2pouvx3.gif
4t0x3b.gif

jav039.gif
2ewo23a.gif
p0s1s.gif

Huh... I bet the game will look really awesome with the XY sprites! Although I find it kind of strange that 2 of the starters are from Sinnoh and 1 is from Johto... I suppose it's your own discretion, though.

I've been looking at everything you posted thus far, and it looks really polished. There's not a whole lot of substance, though... no information on the region or on characters other than a handful of NPCs. The plot, from what you've revealed here, seems both bare-bones and formulaic. So it's left me wondering: besides the pretty graphics, which I can get simply by playing XY, why should I play your game? I'm also disappointed that you swapped out a more developed, nuanced character-driven story for something so derivative. You're not limited by marketing or anything, so why constrain yourself? Tell the story you've always wanted to, and make the game you've always dreamed of playing. That's what goes into a great game.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Huh... I bet the game will look really awesome with the XY sprites! Although I find it kind of strange that 2 of the starters are from Sinnoh and 1 is from Johto... I suppose it's your own discretion, though.

It was mainly because I did not like any of the other grass starters... just a personal preference though I suppose. Maybe I will look into changing one of them around or opening up a poll :P.

I've been looking at everything you posted thus far, and it looks really polished. There's not a whole lot of substance, though... no information on the region or on characters other than a handful of NPCs.

There is the back story for the region, what else are you looking for? Got an example of a region description you like from another game? Might help me see what other information I can include...

The plot, from what you've revealed here, seems both bare-bones and formulaic. So it's left me wondering: besides the pretty graphics, which I can get simply by playing XY, why should I play your game?

I have not played X or Y, but the aim of Pillars is to be more world based and centered around exploration over a linear progression.

I'm also disappointed that you swapped out a more developed, nuanced character-driven story for something so derivative. You're not limited by marketing or anything, so why constrain yourself? Tell the story you've always wanted to, and make the game you've always dreamed of playing. That's what goes into a great game.

If you are talking about Eli, I may not be restricted by marketing... but you have to understand that a character that is more generic, means more players can relate to them across the board. Creating a pigeon hold for the character that players are suppose to somewhat relate to, leaves a lot of players playing a character and not actually understanding the character.

Maybe I am not quite picking up what you are putting down with this part of your post though, I would love for you to clarify if that is not the case.

Appreciate the feedback very much. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
It was mainly because I did not like any of the other grass starters... just a personal preference though I suppose. Maybe I will look into changing one of them around or opening up a poll :P.

Speaking of this, what methodology did you use for picking these starters? In a typical Pokemon game where you battle against your rival's starter right at the beginning, each pick should be capable of besting the other regardless of type match-up in that scenario. Both base stats and movepools play a part in this, and it would suck to lose at the beginning because your rival's pick out-damages yours.

This depends on whether you are even going to bother with a rival battle in your game, though. Regardless, I would recommend picking your starters based their statistics and capabilities against each other, rather than going solely with personal preference. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to change your current starter picks right now. It'll require some testing on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back