• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Congrats on finishing SS!

pokemonblue01.png

Late screenie, but its level 82, like most of my runs. And as I run this challenge... well it counts.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Update Log 1:
Spoiler:

Staravia(Black Hawk)
Quick to flee and Lax
HP:51
Atk:33
Def:25
Sp.A:20
Sp.D:18
Spe:37
Moveset:
Endeavor
Pluck
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
For my ultimate solo run I'm going to be starting with Elekid in Fire Red and eventually get to BW and finish with an Electrivire.

zarithron

Still learning!
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
hey i would love to join. i would be playing silver. however i am going to request. somebody PICK my solo challange pokemon for me. any one, idc. however cant be a magikarp or anything else that cannot defend itsself. ill edit here which pokemon it is after somebody gets back to me. :)

EDIT: Ok so my pokemon will be Magcargo, thanks to SuperKirbyFan :). good luck to me! :P
EDIT: So First thing I have decided is to hack in a slugma. (just a regular random pokemon encounter early game wont be given extra stats or anything. Becuase I wont get one for awhile thru the game otherwise.) I'm using an Emulator.
EDIT: Alright so i'm actualy going to need a different pokemon other than magcargo. I'm going to be playing original Silver which doesnt have a Magcargo. (This edit will disappear after somebody chooses my new pokemon.

Last edited:

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
hey i would love to join. i would be playing silver. however i am going to request. somebody PICK my solo challange pokemon for me. any one, idc. however cant be a magikarp or anything else that cannot defend itsself. ill edit here which pokemon it is after somebody gets back to me. :)

Oh good, it looks like I get to pick who you get as my first post other than my introduction. I'll give you... Magcargo. His stats are low enough that it'll take some skill to get through the game, but it's also totally possible.

Anyways, the main reason I came into this topic was because of this: I've always wanted to do a solo run in one of the games, and I've decided it should be HG/SS because that game, I believe, is the hardest to beat. Plus, Red is a far cooler final boss than any Elite 4 champion. I've seen videos of people beating Red with weak pokemon, like Pidgey. So, is it theoretically possible to beat Red with anyone (other than like sunkern) as long as you do it right? The reason i'm asking is because I want to do it with Weedle. Me and my brother always used to laugh at Weedle because he's so inferior to Caterpie. I'm willing to do large amounts of level grinding, right up to lvl 100 if I have to, and I'm willing to try different strategies over and over again to beat him. I just don't want to play through 16 badges only to find out I can't finish since the pokemon I chose is too weak. What do you guys think?
EDIT: Unless you guys know for a fact that it's impossible, I'll probably try to beat SoulSilver with Weedle. It'll be.... quite the challenge to say the least, but if I can finish it then it'll be so epic. And of course, I'll provide screenshots to prove it. It's also a real-life copy of the game, not an emulator.

I have another question as well. I've been looking at some of the different challenge topics, and I keep seeing references to "Ultimate" challenges. I understand that it means you play the challenge through one game in each generation. But for the solo challenge in particular, do you use the same pokemon through all 4 games? Or do you raise another pokemon of the same species in each game, so you have to relevel it? The latter would not only require hacking, but sounds kind of boring, since in that time I could've done 4 unique solo runs, on different games. The first option seems too easy after the first game, since often the pokemon you train ends up higher than level 80, so not only would he OHKO most of the game, but he wouldn't listen to you either.

Last edited:

zarithron

Still learning!
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Oh good, it looks like I get to pick who you get as my first post other than my introduction. I'll give you... Magcargo. His stats are low enough that it'll take some skill to get through the game, but it's also totally possible.

Anyways, the main reason I came into this topic was because of this: I've always wanted to do a solo run in one of the games, and I've decided it should be HG/SS because that game, I believe, is the hardest to beat. Plus, Red is a far cooler final boss than any Elite 4 champion. I've seen videos of people beating Red with weak pokemon, like Pidgey. So, is it theoretically possible to beat Red with anyone (other than like sunkern) as long as you do it right? The reason i'm asking is because I want to do it with Weedle. Me and my brother always used to laugh at Weedle because he's so inferior to Caterpie. I'm willing to do large amounts of level grinding, right up to lvl 100 if I have to, and I'm willing to try different strategies over and over again to beat him. I just don't want to play through 16 badges only to find out I can't finish since the pokemon I chose is too weak. What do you guys think?
EDIT: Unless you guys know for a fact that it's impossible, I'll probably try to beat SoulSilver with Weedle. It'll be.... quite the challenge to say the least, but if I can finish it then it'll be so epic. And of course, I'll provide screenshots to prove it. It's also a real-life copy of the game, not an emulator.

I have another question as well. I've been looking at some of the different challenge topics, and I keep seeing references to "Ultimate" challenges. I understand that it means you play the challenge through one game in each generation. But for the solo challenge in particular, do you use the same pokemon through all 4 games? Or do you raise another pokemon of the same species in each game, so you have to relevel it? The latter would not only require hacking, but sounds kind of boring, since in that time I could've done 4 unique solo runs, on different games. The first option seems too easy after the first game, since often the pokemon you train ends up higher than level 80, so not only would he OHKO most of the game, but he wouldn't listen to you either.
I do believe you pick one pokemon. and leave it thru each game. so as you said in ur post, example kanto u pick lets say.. weedle as your pokemon. you catch it, you train it. u beat the game. next series u do the same thing. u catch it u train it. no cross overs:P

still need a pokemon for silver :P remember its original silver not soulsilver:P

Last edited:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
So I have to keep this short my battery is dieing....basically I finished my Typhlosion Solo run, only had to challange red a couple of times but is all done now on to Maganium as soon as I can

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
still need a pokemon for silver :P remember its original silver not soulsilver:P

I hadn't noticed you edited your post until now. This time I'll pick one I know is near the start of the game. Let's try Ledian. Ledyba can be caught before the first gym, on route 31, in Silver version only.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, I'm kinda bored, and I've been wanting to play the gen 1 and gen 2 games for a while, so here's my third ultimate solo:

Excalibur the Scyther!

Going Yellow, Crystal (or SoulSilver), Emerald, Platinum. Won't do B/W yet.

Anyway, I started today (last night), and I'm using an emulator, so it's going fast.

Name: Arthur (The KING!)
Rival: Mordred (The VILLIAN!)
Starter: Pikachu of course (no starter editor in Yellow, grr)

Yeah, I've got the whole Avalon theme going.

Forget the wall of text, here is a screenshot montage instead.

Spoiler:

I am saved in the Pokemon Tower after beating Giovanni for the first time in the Hideout.

Funny story about the Hideout, by the way. I usually skip the Rocket Hideout in the Game Corner, since you can use a Pokedoll on Marowak. Unfortunately, Scyther can't learn any non-Normal type moves until L50 (Wing Attack, and only on Yellow), so I actually was getting ready to go up the Pokemon Tower (I was at like L43 or so, and had bought a Pokedoll too), and realized that I need to get Excalibur to L50 go I could kill the ghosts, lol.

So I went back and beat the hideout for experience purposes. I have 4 Rare Candies, so I ended up at L45 after beating Giovanni, then defeated some trainers I skipped on my way to Celedon, and now I'm at L46, yay. I actually just left the Silph Scope sitting there, lol.

*smacks own head for putting in a wall of text after the screenshots*

Team Arthur:

Spr_1y_123.png

Excalibur the Scyther - L46
Moves: Slash, Quick Attack, Double Team, Swords Dance

Slaves:
Charmander - Dig, Cut
Spearow - Fly

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lol, I came back to my challenge, and didn't know that I finished Nidoqueen, so I did it again. This time I was at 83 though!

@SuperKirbyFan: I'd say go for it. I'm eventually going to do an ultimate solo with Magikarp. Maybe you beating SoulSilver with Weedle will give me some inspiration to get started!

Adding IDoLikeMudkip to the champ list now.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Lol, I came back to my challenge, and didn't know that I finished Nidoqueen, so I did it again. This time I was at 83 though!

@SuperKirbyFan: I'd say go for it. I'm eventually going to do an ultimate solo with Magikarp. Maybe you beating SoulSilver with Weedle will give me some inspiration to get started!

Adding IDoLikeMudkip to the champ list now.

Yea that's what I thought too. I still have to acquire a copy of SS first, then I will.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Final Update (#2) on Yellow.

I used 4 Rare Candies to get Excalibur to L50 to learn Wing Attack for the ghosts, and away we went.

Blaine, Giovanni (gym battle), and Lorelei were the only ones who gave me serious trouble.

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:

ultsolo3kantohof.png
ultsolo3kantochamp.png

On to Crystal. Or HG. or SS. grr, I can't make up my mind...

Team Arthur:

Spr_1y_123.png

Excalibur the Scyther - L75
Moves: Wing Attack, Slash, Hyper Beam, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 232/224/176/145/197

Slaves:
Charmander - Dig, Cut
Spearow - Fly
Lapras - Strength, Surf

Last edited:

zarithron

Still learning!
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
I hadn't noticed you edited your post until now. This time I'll pick one I know is near the start of the game. Let's try Ledian. Ledyba can be caught before the first gym, on route 31, in Silver version only.

goodgood :) that i can do:P haha

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #3.

I decided to go with Crystal for Johto.

Update #1 on Crystal.

Name: Arthur
Rival: Mordred
Starter: Scyther (hacked as starter in place of Chikorita)
  • Started with Scyther thanks to a starter editor tool, named him Excalibur.
  • Beat ??? while on my errand, and named him Mordred.
  • Started for Violet City and caught Hoothoot as a Flash/Fly slave.
  • Made my way to Violet City, beat the Sprout Tower and beat Falkner as well, Gust didn't do too much.
  • Went down to Union Cave, and caught a Sandshrew as a Cut slave. Taught Swift to Excalibur.
  • Arrived in Azalea Town and beat Team Rocket, then took on the Gym. Bugsy was no match for Excalibur's Swift.
  • Taught Excalibur Fury Cutter, then faced Mordred again. Pursuit was real helpful in taking down Gastly, and Quilava was 2 hit by Swift.
  • Got Cut in Ilex Forest for Sandshrew, and taught Headbutt to Excalibur.
  • Arrived in Goldenrod City, and picked up the Return TM at the store.
  • After beating the Underground trainers, I took on the gym.
  • Whitney did beat me once because Fury Cutter missed against Miltank and Rollout is 4X effective, but the second time was fine. Clefairy Metronomed Aeroblast, lol.
  • We continued on to Ecruteak City, catching a Psyduck on the way.
  • Explored the Burned Tower and beat Mordred again, then took down the Kimono Girls to get Surf.
  • Morty went down easily to Excalibur's new move, Wing Attack.
  • Our next stop was Olivine City. We scaled the Lighthouse, got Strength, and found Monica, who gave us a Sharp Beak. Score!
  • We are just about to Surf to Cianwood City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Arthur:

Spr_2c_123.gif

Excalibur the Scyther - L39 @ Sharp Beak
Moves: Wing Attack, Pursuit, Fury Cutter, Return

Slaves:
Hoothoot - Flash
Sandshrew - Cut, Dig, Rock Smash, Strength
Psyduck - Surf

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Alright, this is my second run. First run was Snubbul/Granbull, this one is Teddiursa/Ursaring. Playing on Shiny Gold X.

• Named my rival Lutero
  • Started off very rough, lost to my rival a bunch of times but eventually beating him after grinding to level 9.
  • Caught Teddiursa, level 5, Relaxed Nature.
  • Nicknamed it Lunar :3
  • Got to that city with the gym, forgot what it's called :P. Went into Bellsprout tower, leveled up a bunch, learned Lick and Fury Swipes.
  • After finishing up there, Teddiursa was level 17.
  • Got into the gym, beat the trainers, fought Falkner.
  • What an ass hole, he hypnosis' you with Hoothoot then gets like 6 double teams up then starts Aerial Acing you to death while you miss. I got lucky with a crit and killed it.
  • His Pidgeotto is even more of a troll, it Double teams up to +6 evasion then uses Mud slap until you're -6 accuracy, then fly/quick attack's you to death.
  • After losing about 8 times I finally beat him, Lunar was level 18 by then.
  • I got Mud slap, which seemed useless at first but I realized it would come in handy for the Rock types coming up.
  • Got the Togepi egg, then went onto that next route and leveled up some more, then got into Azalea cave.
  • After getting out of there, I saved at the Azalea Pokemon Center.

WgwpG.png

fFCy0.png

5QhBD.png

KpbBc.png

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Well, I decided that instead of doing a SoulSilver run with Weedle, I'm going to do an Ultimate with Weedle. I got the idea from myrrhman. It would take a lot more dedication, and not only that, but I own LeafGreen and not SoulSilver, so instead of waiting until I buy SS I can just start tomorrow. I'll be doing the gens on actual games, not emulators, and I'll only have to hack a Weedle to the start of the game for gens 3 and 5. I'll provide screenshots for each to prove that I did it. This should be fun!

EDIT: Also, jdthebud, where did you get those signature userbars? I want to get one like that for my run.
EDIT2: Apparently Weedle's only damaging attack in LeafGreen is Poison Sting. (Starting in Platinum/HGSS he has Bug Bite). That'll make things interesting.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #3.

Update #2 on Crystal.
  • Went to Cianwood and destroyed Chuck with Wing Attack.
  • Flew back to Olivine and beat Jasmine thanks to Swords Dance letting me OHKO each Magnemite, then got a crit on Steelix to win.
  • Made my way to Mahogony, then to Lake of Rage.
  • Beat the Gyarados, then talked to Lance. We convened in the shop and uncovered the Hideout.
  • After taking down Team Rocket, I got Whirlpool and then entered the gym.
  • Pryce was no match for an overleveled Excalibur.
  • Back at Lake of Rage, I got the Hidden Power TM and tested it. IT WAS BUG TYPE FTW!!!
  • Time for the Radio Tower! Excalibur and I quickly beat Mordred and rescued the Director, then beat the final Team Rocket boss.
  • Went through the Ice Path (picked up Waterfall) to Blackthorn City, and quickly took down Clair. During the battle, I found that my Hidden Power was 50-60 base power.
  • After taking the Dragon's Den test and beating the trainers on Mountain Road, I flew back home.
  • Made my way to Victory Road, where I beat Mordred again.
  • Time for the Elite Four!
  • Will: Wing Attack for both Xatu, Hidden Power Bug for the rest.
  • Koga: Wing Attack sweep.
  • Bruno: Wing Attack for everyone except Onix, who took 2 Hidden Power Bug (put up Sandstorm, annoying).
  • Karen: Hidden Power Bug for Umbreon, Wing Attack for the rest.
  • Finally, Lance was up. Excalibur Swords Danced while Gyarados put up Rain Dance, and Wing Attack OHKOed everyone, even Aerodactyl!
Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame pic:
ultsolo3johtohof.png

Now it's on to Kanto.

I still can't believe how lucky I was to get Hidden Power Bug.

Team Arthur:

Spr_2c_123.gif

Excalibur the Scyther, ♂ - L65 @ Sharp Beak
Moves: Wing Attack, Hidden Power (Bug), Return, Swords Dance

Slaves:
Hoothoot - Flash, Fly
Sandshrew - Cut, Dig, Rock Smash, Strength
Psyduck - Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So I started LG with Weedle today. Got up to Viridian Forest, and the first one I caught looked like it had really good stats, so that's always nice. I put Charmander back in my PC, and went to train Weedle. The Caterpies and Weedles i was facing were taking 8+ hits to die, Weedles even more than that. No matter, I'll just have to grind at the start to get a significant level advantage. Running out of PP is another reason I need to do that, as I only have one damaging move. Once I accidentially evolved Weedle into Kakuna when I wasn't looking, so i turned it off to fix that. Right now Weedle is level 8. I would've played more but my DS had a low battery.

Last edited:
Years
I'll start this challenge tonight. My pokemon will be Umbreon.

I'll do an Ultimate Solo challenge too.

I'll be doing FR --> C --> E --> Pt --> W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back