Steny

Formerly Known as ThatOneRaichu | Creator Of Pokemon Evo

Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted April 2nd, 2018
18 posts
2.7 Years
Introduction

Sup, I'm Steny and I've been around the community for approximately six years. Throughout those years, I have had many mistakes from tiles to major game-breaking glitches you name it. Overtime, I honed my rom-hacking skills and BOOM here's Evo! This is my first rom hack and I hope all of you will enjoy playing it! Now without further or do, let's get to the story.

Story
You're a teenager who lives on the Outskirts of Sau'to that's about to embark on a brand new adventure as a Pokémon Trainer in the Mayla region. The Mayla region is very similar to Alola however it lies nowhere near it. Just like Alola, it consists of four main islands each having a "Guardian Deity". The region's Pokémon Professor, Fir, is doing research on Pokémon that have identical forms compared to the Kantonian/Sinnohian/Johtonian/Unovian ones. As time passes the deities of Mayla began to give signs that danger is approaching very soon and that a mysterious unwanted aura is being let loose across the four islands. The professor has two assistants that he introduces you to, Chauncey and Sierra.
As three of you participate in grand trials and collect trial stamps, your objective is to help Professor Fir with Pokédex entries of the identical forms and figure out what could be the meaning of this "aura"
being spreaded across the region. Could any being possibly be behind all of this? What would their objective be if so and most importantly, will you be able to pursue your goal as a Pokémon Trainer? Well my friend, all decisions are up to you..!

Professor Fir

The region's famous Pokemon Professor as he is highly known for his projects and researches. In specific terms, he often studies the friendships and bonds trainers' have with their Pokemon. Johto is where Professor Fir lived several years ago. Three years ago, he retired from being a Pokemon Trainer as he was far more interested in caring for his Pokemon more than battling with them. Since the Mayla region had very few trainers from the beginning, Professor Fir stepped up and decided to help young teens and even adults on how to catch and care for their Pokemon. He is known to be one of the youngest Pokemon Professors worldwide.

Chauncey

Chauncey is one of Professor Fir's assistants. Just like the protagonist, he is from the Outskirts of Sau'to. Growing up, he was that one boy who was spoiled by his parents. He enjoyed watching Pokemon battles on TV from the Kalos region. He was able to get just about anything he wanted, when he wanted and if you were to get him a gift that he truly has no interest in, he would give you the silent treatment. He was there to meet Professor Fir at his arrival to Mayla as he became his very first student. Often times ongoing can be a bit hasty and disrespectful but on the bright side, the kid has quite the knowledge when it comes to Pokemon. His main objective is to become the next grand island challenge champion.

Sierra

About two days in on Professor Fir's arrival in Seabeach City, many female teenagers were interested in becoming a pupil for him but in all honesty, they were only interested because they were emotionally attracted to him. Professor Fir had no interest having pupils that were attracted to him and besides, he has a wife. Sierra met Fir at a Pokemon Fan Club Convention in Seabeach City. Fir eventually figured out that she's different and after a great conversation with each other, she decided that she's willing to become apart of his projects as an assistant. Growing up as a child, Sierra's childhood was rough as her parents were strict and hardly allowed her to go outside. Sierra's favorite hobby is reading books and magazines. She is VERY intelligent and loves Pokemon...even the bugs.
A bit shy and flighty, but she's very respectful and honest. She's looks up to the champion of the Mayla region as her idol. Someday, she hopes to be an actress just like the champion.

Rom Base

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)
Language: English

Features

Male and Female Customized Protagonists
Meet Ruben and Ruby, the Male and Female Protagonists of Pokemon Evo!(Yes I know that they look similar to Brendan and May. They were customized after all..)

New Pokédex
Pokémon from gens 4-7 have been handpicked and are in-game.

Physical/Special Split
Moves in-game have been updated to gen 4's introduction to the difference between Physical and Special.

Fairy Type
Fairy type has been added in-game for that 6th gen sensation and feeling.

Mugshots
Ya' know! For the important characters!

A Brand New Region
A whole new region to explore! The Mayla region which consist of four islands. Chula'ula, Ba'lola, Ta'bulu, and Mi'zuki!

Post Game
Not going to spoil what I have planned so I'll just give ya' hint. A second "region" is involved :)

New Forms
Certain Pokemon now have what we call a "Maylan" Form.

Maylan Sentret - Normal/Fire

Maylan Luxio - Fire

Maylan Ampharos - Grass/Ground

Maylan Riolu - Psychic/Dark

And several more!

Three New Eeveelutions
Three brand new exclusive eeveelutions are introduced in the game.

Brawleon - Fighting

Evolves through high personality at Level 30.

Ferreon - Steel

Evolves through Low personality at Level 30.

Ignareon - Dragon

Evolves holding a Dragon Fang at night.

No Gym Badges
In the Mayla region, gym badges don't exist. Instead, you take on the grand island challenge!

Updated Moves and Abilities
Moves and Abilities have been updated all the way up to gen 7.

New Soundtrack
There's music from Sun and Moon and maybe a couple of animes you've watched before!

Natured Colored Stats
Pokemon Natures now determine which stat is boosted and which stat is lowered. Red indicates a 10% boost and Blue indicates that the stat is lowered by 10%. This gives the game a HGSS sensation.

Mega Evolution
Mega Evolution is in the game and is working as intended.

Minor Features
BW 2 Repel System(Work in progress),New Pokeballs, DNS System, FR/LG fishing, and running indoors(Also a work in progress)

Screenshots

Credits
DizzyEgg - Emerald Battle Engine, Various Item Features, DNS System
Tainted - OWs, HxD Help, feedback, helping me in general
ShinkoNet - MIDIs/Music
Alistair - Tiles
Spherical Ice - Tiles, OWs
Silentninja - OWs
TSR - OWs
Furs the Fox - OWs
ShiningStar5022 - OWs
WesleyFG - Tiles
Solo993 - Sprites
cachomon - Custom Eeveelutions Sprites
Me - Mapping, Scripting, Story-planning, Maylan Forms, HxD-editing, just about all the hard work!
And all the Contributors to the 64x64 Gen 1-7 Pokemon Sprites

If I've forgotten anyone or if you see something within any of these screenshots that you created and would like for it to be taken down, be sure to PM me :)

Tools Used:

Advance Map 1.92
FSF
XSE
HxD
Advance Trainer
PGE
Advance Series
TileHelperAdvance
Irfranview
G3T
NSE 2.1
Overworld Editor RE
SMCA
APE
Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor
Sappy 2006/Mid2Agb

So far there aren't any known bugs and if you're interested in becoming a beta tester, the best way to contact me is through discord or through a PM here on Pokecommunity.

Discord

https://discord.gg/VFqAgwK

Downloads
Coming Soon :)

RenElite

Male
Philippines
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
160 posts
2.7 Years
After seeing the screenshots, all I can say that this is amazing. It looks genuine and the beauty of the 3rd Generation tiles is present in the game. I hope you never give up on this, it would really be a shame if it were to be cancelled like other awesome hacks as this was really good looking. Also, if you were to post updates, can you please remove the filter? It doesn't look good to be honest. Pokemon names should be decapitalized as well, so it will look on par with the modern original games.

Steny

Formerly Known as ThatOneRaichu | Creator Of Pokemon Evo

Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted April 2nd, 2018
18 posts
2.7 Years
After seeing the screenshots, all I can say that this is amazing. It looks genuine and the beauty of the 3rd Generation tiles is present in the game. I hope you never give up on this, it would really be a shame if it were to be cancelled like other awesome hacks as this was really good looking. Also, if you were to post updates, can you please remove the filter? It doesn't look good to be honest. Pokemon names should be decapitalized as well, so it will look on par with the modern original games.
I appreciate that! & the filter should be removed now. I already plan to have decapitalization imported in a future update.
Advertiser Content