Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/pokejobs/

What are peoples thoughts on this?
It's very similar to Isle Elevup so it seems. I really like the implementation of it tho.
Companies need workers, and there are MANY companies in Galar!

Also we finally have an official name for EVs, Base Points! If that is in fact what they mean.

I like it personally, but I'm just sick of them quadrupling down on Rotom for anything electronic.

PokéStorm is my Pokémon fansite. Join if you'd like!
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
24 posts
51 Days
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/pokejobs/

What are peoples thoughts on this?
It's very similar to Isle Elevup so it seems. I really like the implementation of it tho.
Companies need workers, and there are MANY companies in Galar!

Also we finally have an official name for EVs, Base Points! If that is in fact what they mean.

I like it personally, but I'm just sick of them quadrupling down on Rotom for anything electronic.
RT on the Rotom gimmick

But I'm hyped about the jobs. I'm hoping that the jobs are a way to also get some rare items

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
I'm hoping that the jobs are a way to also get some rare items
Good point! Jobs require payment, I could see them coming back with a nugget from working hard.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Online now
Posted 3 Days Ago
9,181 posts
6.8 Years
When I saw Poké Jobs in Japanese trailer, I'm intrigued because I can ask my Pokémon to get hired to get some experience and all. And good thing you guys noted about Isle Evelup similarity, didn't thought of it for a while now. Still, I'm wondering, can we assign multiple jobs for many 'mons? I think this feature will be more flexible if I can deploy job teams like, let's say, Team Chef and Team Construction at the same time.

colours

hymn of the fayth

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
5,085 posts
14.4 Years
Kinda wondering how one would get evolutionary stones through this method, assuming that's a possibility.

I suppose the bigger point I'm getting at is if Game Freak is going to make more "difficult" (so to speak) jobs for rarer items/more experience, and I'm wondering what those requirements would be.

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
Kinda wondering how one would get evolutionary stones through this method, assuming that's a possibility.

I suppose the bigger point I'm getting at is if Game Freak is going to make more "difficult" (so to speak) jobs for rarer items/more experience, and I'm wondering what those requirements would be.
Ooh that's a neat concept! Maybe the amount you send, or level. Maybe Pokemon with pickup can have a higher chance of coming back with something from work?

Sheep

Female
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
26,861 posts
12.9 Years
I love this! Really good way to incorporate raising levels, EVs, etc. Can see myself making huge use of jobs, and gain experience for my Pokémon when I'm sleeping or not playing. And man is it cute?!

agh the graphics they made for this are adorable
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art vpp stats
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
15,027 posts
11.6 Years
^ Huh, they reused Pokemon Quest assets for the background!

Anyways, it's neat. I liked Pelago so good to see we're having a spiritual successor to it, but with more exp gains now?

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
^ Huh, they reused Pokemon Quest assets for the background!

Anyways, it's neat. I liked Pelago so good to see we're having a spiritual successor to it, but with more exp gains now?
oh no it's double kick all over again!

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
15,027 posts
11.6 Years
oh no it's double kick all over again!
Nah, Quest stuff in the background here is fine and kinda cute. Double Kick is a low quality animation, and has been reused since X & Y - some 6+ years ago...

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 41 Minutes Ago
4,956 posts
10.6 Years
This wasn't something I saw coming. So, is that what we're calling EVs now? Base Points? I'm going to just keep calling them EVs, honestly. @_@ PokeJobs sounds really fun. I really hope they're something you can do easily enough because it sounds like a nice idle way to get EVs, if that's the case!
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!

Male
New York
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
46 posts
67 Days
I love how this fleshes out the world! Poke Isle had some nice ideas in it, but the flavor of this really knocks it out of the park. I think it's going to lead to a lot of fun rabbit holes to go down to talk about how economics work in the Pokemon world. If you wanted to be boring like me, you could already make the argument that the Pokemon world's seemingly consistent upper middle class wealth level could only exist because of the unpaid labor of Pokemon, so I'm laughing my ass off that we let our Pokemon go out and work for free in this game "for the experience."

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
I love how this fleshes out the world! Poke Isle had some nice ideas in it, but the flavor of this really knocks it out of the park. I think it's going to lead to a lot of fun rabbit holes to go down to talk about how economics work in the Pokemon world. If you wanted to be boring like me, you could already make the argument that the Pokemon world's seemingly consistent upper middle class wealth level could only exist because of the unpaid labor of Pokemon, so I'm laughing my ass off that we let our Pokemon go out and work for free in this game "for the experience."
They should call them Poke Internships! Haha

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!

Male
New York
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
46 posts
67 Days
Hey do you think these companies that are hiring have anything to do with sponsorships for the league?
Man, that'd be a nice touch if they linked it that way. I don't THINK they'd go for making a commentary on the over reaching power of corporations in modern society, but I wouldn't have thought they'd make the bad guys feudal PETA in Gen 5 before it happened, so... who knows?

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
Team Yell has the logo of the company that has "Nothing too -" on the jobs listing page. Assuming they sponsor Marnie.

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
Cute idea. But I'm still not sure what the hell an EV is.
Effort Value.
Basically background points for stats. You can google to get all the info, I won't pretend to know everything about them lmao.

Steve Z

Age 29
Male
Oakland FL
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,368 posts
14.1 Years
can't believe it's about to be easier for me to find a job in pokemon than it is irl..
Ouch... Big mood.

Advertiser Content