• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Dracovish Gameplay Analysis

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Hey! I wanted to press stuff more on the game design and tangentially into fan-game territory this time. I wanted to go over some of the design choices that went into Dracovish specifically, mostly because there's a lot I want to talk about with it. There's lot of ideas and concepts that can be built onto all coming from this one mon.

- Going over Dracovish how works

- Dracovish's climb to glory in practice

- The benefits/consequences to Dracovish's design

- How to reverse engineer these factors into possible fanworks and enable additional Pokemon designs of the same creativity

-etc idk anything else i can think about

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hey! I wanted to press stuff more on the game design and tangentially into fan-game territory this time. I wanted to go over some of the design choices that went into Dracovish specifically, mostly because there's a lot I want to talk about with it. There's lot of ideas and concepts that can be built onto all coming from this one mon.

- Going over Dracovish how works

- Dracovish's climb to glory in practice

- The benefits/consequences to Dracovish's design

- How to reverse engineer these factors into possible fanworks and enable additional Pokemon designs of the same creativity

-etc idk anything else i can think about
I like the idea and thought it would be a neat article idea myself (at least in the basis of horribly matched fossils irl), but was way too busy. You should definitely do it!

Benefits/consequences - could you elaborate a bit more on this, please?

Possible fanworks angle sounds neat. I guess a link to the pokemon fusion creation site/s may be relevant for this too.

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
I like the idea and thought it would be a neat article idea myself (at least in the basis of horribly matched fossils irl), but was way too busy. You should definitely do it!

Benefits/consequences - could you elaborate a bit more on this, please?

Possible fanworks angle sounds neat. I guess a link to the pokemon fusion creation site/s may be relevant for this too.

Basically nailing down the pros and cons of it being designed with the set up it was given! For example:

Extremely straightforward. All Dracovish can really only use the same attacks, mostly because it can't do much else better.

When it comes Fakemon for example, i think its important to have the actual designed mon have its strengths and limitations, much like Gamefreak does

Years
I'd like to point out that, while Dracovish is famous for having the most powerful move ever - Fishious Rend (85 base power) before the target (double power) in rain (50% stronger) with Strong Jaw (50% stronger), STAB (50% stronger) and a Muscle Band (50% higher Attack, same effect as 50% stronger), all together equivalent to a regular 85x2x1.5x1.5x1.5x1.5=860.625 base power move - I think we all overlook the fact that Dracozolt achieves pretty much the same effect with Bolt Beak (85 base power) before the target (double power) in Electric Terrain (50% stronger) with Hustle (50% higher Attack, same effect as 50% stronger), STAB (50% stronger) and a Muscle Band (50% higher Attack, same effect as 50% stronger), which also comes together to a 860.625 base power move.

Dracozolt even has a higher base Attack stat than Dracovish, making it capable of even more mass destruction (if it would just manage to hit the mark in all the Hustle).

Back