• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retro Gaming Event

Years
Not even going to attempt Frogger, I've always been bad at that game.
I'm not doing too badly at Space Invaders; I did get 67,000 on Friday but forgot to take a picture of it... :(
Here's my highest score today, but I'm going to keep trying to improve it.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Just got a new score, which looks like I'm in second place! Wow! ^_^
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I've just updated all of the scores in the first post, and figured I should give this a quick bump, seeing as how the event ends in 24 hours. Don't forget to update your scores if you're gunning for one of the top 3 spots, and if you haven't entered yet, why not? Everyone gets a little something for trying no matter your score, so it definitely doesn't hurt to give it a shot!

Years
Well, with the Get Together being extended 'til midnight on Wednesday, the Retro Gaming Event will be extended as well, unlike the previous post might have led you to believe. You've still got plenty of time to update your scores or even enter for the first time, but I won't be bumping the thread again, so don't forget before it's too late!

O07_eleven said:
There should be a wooden spoon emblem called "Dad's a better gamer than I thought!" for getting the lowest score.
If I hadn't already submitted the emblems for the competition, I might have very well done something like this. Who knows, there's always next year ;)

EDIT: Entries and updates will no longer be accepted for either game, now that the Get Together has concluded. The official results will be up shortly.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
As they say, every good thing comes to an end. And thus the GT is over and with it the Retro Gaming Event. Thanks to everyone for participating in this event, it was fun hosting it.
And I'm proud to announce the winners of the Space Invaders game with unbelievable scores:
Maruno - 362,660
Rizardon - 254,450
Totodile42 - 81,870.
The winners for Frogger are :
Rizardon - 19,060
jsziede - 16,960
ForeverDash - 14,700.
You will receive your prizes shortly. And for those who didn't win, don't worry, you will receive a sweet participation emblems. Also thanks to Maruno for making the emblems.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I actually got a high score! Looks like playing Frogger years ago on my old PS1 paid off lol. Congratulations to all of the other winners and participants, you guys definitely put up some good competition, and thanks to Brendino and JNathan for hosting this fun event and Maruno for making the emblems!

Back