• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] PERSONA // THE DEVIL'S GAME [M] (IC)

Years

Toshio Miyazaki

JokVPBz.jpg

Arcana: Fortune

It was 11, but Toshio was just waking up in his room that he had arrived at a few days ago. The bed wasn't as comfortable as his previous apartment but at least it was a place to sleep, a lot better then being kicked out then not kicked out and then kicked out again at his own place. When he finally opened his eyes he let his arm drop and hang on the bed while slightly going over the edge. He wanted to go back to sleep after the night and weirdest dream he had but the rumbling of his belly didn't make that easy. It was obvious that he was hungry…but actually getting up to go get food was a completely different story…or deciding if he actually even wanted too. He sighed deciding to ignore his stomach's consent call for food and rolled over on to his stomach, Letting his arm fully hang off the side of the bed. After getting comfortable he began falling back asleep before a rumbling noise began to talk to him. It was obvious that this need for food wouldn't let him go to sleep without being dealt with.

He let his jet-black covers slide down and off his upper body letting it rest for a second on his lap. He rubbed his shoulder with his left hand while his right hand rested on the bed which kept him supported, He rolled his head around trying to get out the kinks from his neck. He scratched his belly as it continued to grumble.

" Urg..." He groaned as he began to walk over to his dresser to get out a shirt. He didn't see the point of getting fully dressed if he was just going to eat and then go back to sleep. He pulled out a plain black shirt putting it on and a plain black hoody with white drawstrings. He swung the hoodie around his shoulders putting one arm though and then the other. He walked back over to his bed and grabbed his phone putting it in the pocket to his hoodie, and then over to his desk where he grabbed his ID. He opened his phone and saw that he had tons of message from old man of sushi restaurant :

"Where are you boy?

You have better not forgotten about that delivery to Mr Kenta?!

Where the heck are you? Do you want me to post naked pictures of you in front of my store?! It will receive attention of many ladies, thats for sure :')

He closed his phone without looking at the rest of messages while walking to the door opening it and walking out of the room closing the door behind him.

"Kuso jiji!!"

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years

~It was not a coincidence~
-With Tatsuo Oshijima & Izumi Takino-

Afternoon (2:15 PM)

<Wait, she has been there the entire time and I haven't noticed?!> Oh god, now she's definitely sweating bullets. How could she not have noticed Izumi, the girl with very bright red hair who was also part of the dream? It's too late to ponder that now, cause it seems her question has been answered: That dream was not coincidental. Everyone who was a part of the dream has experienced it. It's quite clear to Yuuki that the combined powers of both fate and inevitability have led all three of them to this point.

Now if only she could stop rattling and sweating like a sweating rattlesnake...

Izumi had somehow failed to notice that another girl was present in the store at the same time as she was, one who Tatsuo seemed to know as well. Compared to herself, the other girl and Tatsuo seemed to have a much stronger grasp on the situation that was playing out before them. Part of that might have had to deal with the fact that Izumi... at least at the time, did not really put much thought into the dream she had had the previous night. However as time progressed now, she was definitely getting the feeling that there was something more to it than just being some crazy dream that possibly results from eating too much junkfood or something of the sort before going to sleep. In fact, as the two girls followed Tatsuo towards the back, that feeling of familiarity with the two was growing stronger by the second.

As he approached the wooden door Tatsuo did his best to calm his nerves. It wasn't altogether unusual to take customers into the back room in order to search for particular supplies or items. Akira kept a lot of oddities in the store, occasionally they'd have return customers asking for something in particular and in those cases Tatsuo would watch his father invite them into the back in order to get them exactly what they needed. The room itself was very spacious and chock full of interesting little tidbits, a large wooden table in the center of the room had various random and assorted chairs strewn about its round circumference, swivelling office seats on wheels, simple wooden chairs, a single recliner, a stool or two... all bits and pieces picked up by Tatsuo's father.

The walls were lined with racks filled to the brim with anything and everything. Canned food, electrical appliances, random gadjets, aerosol sprays, a whole crate of "Oshijima Brand Spirit Gum"... there was even a wooden stand filled with realistic replicas of medieval weaponry. There were no windows, cameras or other entrances and the space exuded an aura of privacy and secrecy, the only sound apart from the three teen's footprints being the gentle hum of the lightbulb illuinating the space and the soft rumble of the wooden fan that kept the area at just the right temperature.

One look at this place made it obvious as to why the shop was called 'Oshijima's Loose Ends'. Once everyone was inside, Tatsuo offered the girls a seat while he lowered himself slowly into the black office chair. "I think we all know that something exceedingly strange happened..." He began, doing his best to remain impartial and calm, not wanting to panic his these students, whom were almost certainly kouhai to himself. "This is... like something out of a manga, or the like, I should think. To be certain we all had the dream correct? Some creepy love parlor, hosted by a woman going by Juliette?"

Izumi raised an eyebrow. "She wore that purple dress, right? It looked like something you'd see on a maid, but... there's no way she wasn't an alien or something..." The girl knew that the woman had refutted that point, but the fact that she and the other two teens were now sitting in the back of a store recollecting the dream they had all shared seemed to only strengthen Izumi's resolve that the woman had some otherworldly powers. As if from boredom, Izumi began to spin around in her seat slowly for a moment, before stopping and glancing at Tatsuo from over her shoulder. "She was asking those weird questions, yeah?"

Tatsuo gave a grave nod in response to Izumi's description. Any doubts were gone now, that depiction of Juliette was spot on in accordance with what he remembered. "I'm not certain that she's an alien... however I suppose saying so is no less insane than claiming that she has some sort of supernatural ability to pull in the consciousness of various high school students, only to plant them into some sort of collective dream." He furrowed his brow and leaned against the table, clasing his hands together and resting them to his lips in a position of deep thought.

All of this was so surreal... this was the sort of scenario he'd play through in a video game, the sort of destiny oriented crap that was tied intrinsically to the main plotline he'd ignore while going off on a more interesting sidequest. "Destiny..." He mumbled. "This is... logic defying... but I'm not so stuck in my ways that I can't see the truth of this in front of me. This actually happened and amidst her psychotic questions, that woman, alien, whatever she is... mentioned something about destiny." It was hard for him to remember, it made his head hurt to try. Whenever he probed too deep into his sleeping memory to discover more, the pain only increased. He couldn't shake the image of a massive shield from his mind, almost as if it was blocking his vision, stopping him from learning too much, too quickly.

"Perhaps... our meeting here is less so coincidence and more so part of this plan that has been laid out before us." Tatsuo said, hesitating on his words as he strung them together tentatively. "If all of this is real then surely us meeting here isn't just a coincidence... it has to be connected, the sight of one anothers faces lead us to unlocking our memories of last night fully and we are only a few of those whom were present, so perhaps..." He relaxed back into his seat and crossed his legs slowly. "Do you see what I'm implying?"

Izumi stopped spinning in her chair, a rather blank expression gracing her features. "Uh... Of course I get it, who wouldn't?" She said, causing Tatsuo to bristle slightly. "I just wanted to make sure..." He sighed in response. "This whole situation is insane, it's expected that quite a few of us, when faced with the reality of things, might struggle to wrap our heads around it all." Yuuki slowly nodded. "Yes, it really is...I've been trying to think of something, anything, that would make this situation more plausible...But my mind either starts to hurt, or it draws a blank, questioning its plausibility…" She shakes her head. "I honestly thought that sounded good enough in my head...Sorry if it sounded weird." She suddenly unzipped her jacket, revealing a black shirt underneath it. Even though her sweating fit has come to a close, it seems to have made her a bit hot.

"So like... what should we do? Pretend it was just some strange happening and never speak of it again? Try to track down all those other people we saw in the dream?" Izumi questioned, glancing between Yuuki and Tatsuo as she spoke. She had never dealt with this kind of situation before, and was understandably at a loss at just how to proceed with it all. A small flush came to her cheeks as Izumi realized that she had been looking at Yuuki a bit longer than she meant to."I-I mean, it would sound totally weird to just walk up to people and ask if they remember us from a dream, right?" Yuuki blushes a little, and covers her face with her hands, realizing that she did exactly that, when she came up to Tatsuo and Izumi almost as soon as she came to the shop.

As the girls stated their points, Tatsuo took a sharp breath, before calming himself down completely. He couldn't let himself fall into confusion and worry at this point, he decided that it was his job to keep things on track. He could place aside his own worry and uncertainty for the sake of Yuuki and Izumi at least, even if the mere notion of this experience left him rattled. "Don't worry, maybe it seems odd to be so forward, but I don't think it will be entirely necessary." He paused and unfurled his hands into a more open gesture as he explained. "From my understanding, it didn't take much for us to come to the realization that we had shared the dream. After all, if nothing else, we recognized each other very quickly." He leaned forward a little more. "Consider then, that if by seeing just one or two of the others from the dream we realized the truth... it stands to reason that seeing three of those people from the dream approach you at once would leave very little room for doubt." He finished with a nod, before slowly rising to stand. "I don't think ignoring this will get us anywhere, I have this sinking feeling that no matter what, escaping these circumstances isn't an option. The best we can do is hope to learn and understand what exactly is going on... and I think that locating those from the dream will be the quickest way to do that."

"The city's pretty big though... That's a lot of people we're gonna have to go around and ask," Izumi chipped in. Still, she seemed somewhat upbeat, despite the fact that a lot of work seemed like it was going to be placed before her. "Guess it's a good thing I workout so much then!"

At that moment, a call came from inside the store... and Tatsuo felt the hairs at the back of his neck stand up as he heard the booming voice of his father. "Oi, Tatsuo... everything alright?" He quickly started to walk over to a rack on the wall of the room, grabbing two packs of special apple flavored gum and tossing one each to Izumi and Yuuki both. "I can't let my father know about all of this, god knows what he'll do if he catches wind of some supernatural dreamscape. I have to work today but tomorrow I'm free... and I think it would be a good idea if we got together and started searching... if that suits you both, just play along when he walks in here, all right?"

"No worries, my lips are totally sealed!" Izumi replied. The girl even went through the rather overly exaggerated animation of locking her lips with an imaginary key. Yuuki just did her usual slow nod, to which Tatsuo responded with a nod of his own, his grave expression changing to a manufactured smile as the door opened behind him. "Yes, my apologies that took so long... haven't had anyone request some 'Oshijima Brand Apple Bubble' in quite some time."

As Akira entered with a stern expression, he quickly changed his posture to represent a sort of prideful joy, the realization that his products were being purchased forming a large grin on his lips. "Ahh! Like the gum huh? If people are asking for it I'll have to churn out another batch and put em out on the storefront again!"

---

It didn't take long for the group to return to the store proper with Akira in tow. No more words were exchanged in regards to the odd dream and the circumstances of their meeting, but the knowledge of the plan they had concocted together was still fresh in their minds. A quick and pleasant goodbye was exchanged, as was the nature of a clerk and customer. Akira proceeded to lead the girls to the door, but not before Tatsuo could catch their gaze from behind his father, giving a last solemn nod before they were to be parted until the following morning.

Yet the sense of dread hanging over all three was heavier than ever, the thoughts and memories of and caused by the night before just wouldn't let go... and the tingling at the back of Tatsuo's head had grown into a solid throb, the image of the massive shield now fixated in his mind, the edge of a bronze helmet peering out at him from behind, judging him for all that he once did and had yet to do.

Just what the hell was going on?​

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

43369.jpg

Uehara Naoki | Emperor​

Post 2: What A Slow Day​

Naoki woke up, with the slight breeze going through his hair. The sushi he ate had been long digested and he?s feeling a little hungry again. He wondered if there are leftovers at home and doubted it. While his sister and his father don?t really eat much, they don?t cook much either. It was his mother who usually cooks a lot and she only cooks during dinner.

Naoki took up his cellphone and started composing a message.

?Hey, Toshio. Where are you? Want to grab a quick bite or something? I?m hungry. Sushi was not enough. I?m here near Oshijiwa?s.?

He waited for his friend?s reply and decided to lay down again. The wind was much too cool and breezy. If school starts, the wind will get more humid again until the rainy season arrives. It was not a good time to start schooling, Naoki thought. His thoughts of school trained towards the weird dream he had the night before. He almost completely have forgotten about it but school seemed to trigger the resurfacing of the dream.

It was a weird dream but Naoki didn?t put much too thought into the dream. For now, he is hungry and Toshio is keeping him waiting.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro Irakuza ~ Hunger XI-2
Kiro eventually settled onto the fact that waking up some random guy off the street wasn't a good idea and let him be, deciding to search for him at school as he banked on the fact that everyone had worn uniforms in his dream. As he walked away, a shop could be seen in the distance. 'Oshijima's Yurui Owari' The owner's name sounded familiar, however the shop's name is what really caught his attention by the time he reached it. Loose Ends, eh? I wonder why it's called that. He looked through the window and flinched at long bright orangish hair, Is that-, she turned and it stuck him. Immediately upon realization he ducked behind the outer walling of the store and closed his eyes in thought.

He saw the girl sitting in a Rakkouken uniform, surrounded by purple, as quietly distorted, incomplete speech filled his head, '~umi ~k~o, sec~d ~r, bunny, ~ll ears!' After the that there was something about an alien, a pun, and a blush at some point.

He opened his eyes. Right, I'm going crazy. He took a deep breath and took another look. As he leaned further, he spotted a black haired man with glasses, presumably the cashier. Kiro hid once more, mind settling on the face.

Same situation as the last two familiar faces, '~ school ~, O~ji~a T~su~, ~rd y~, dog, ~ reliable.' He stood attempted to calm some unseen person.

Kiro brushed his hand across his face, snagging his hood and readjusted it when he finished. Alright then, anyone else? He leaned in once more and saw that the two were no longer at the counter. A quick sweep and he caught the cashier leading two others into the storage room at the back. The last person had somewhat caramel hair, unfortunately that was too vague to identify anyone off of, too common in Japan. As they disappeared into the room with a closing door, Kiro entered the store, attempting to uphold a casual facade. He pretended to browse while sneaking glances at the back room from the cover of his hood. Eventually he came across some candy and snacks, reminding him of the reason he'd left the arcade. Grabbing a few bags, knowing he'd finish the first by the time he left the store, he purchased them and started on the larger bag of chewable candies.

He waited a bit, watching as the three parted ways, and left the store as well before he could be called out on his loitering, giving the man with glasses a quick look as he did. He had indeed finished the first bag and started on the second as he roamed Osaka, certain that the people from his dream were real, mind completely occupied with them.

Years

Toshio Miyazaki

JokVPBz.jpg

When Toshio first moved here, he needed a place to eat at, that was when he stumbled across Old man Yuudai's sushi restaurant. Old man is always cheeky and sarcastic around him. Something interesting always happen there. Old man somehow always get him riled up. He still remember that day...

xxXxx

It was just supposed to be simple trip to mall. They?d look at clothes, maybe buy some for him but the next thing Toshio know, he was at a bar drinking with friends. The last thing he remembered was going out and getting into fight - surprise, surprise! - and then old man's face. There was a loose memory of his body hitting the bed before he passed out that must have been? What, four in the morning? It was six now, according to the clock sitting at his bedside table. Why is he awake?

The dull pain in back of his shoulder reminded him of the reason. Ah, that?s right. He was bleeding when he came back to Old man's place as it was nearest to that bar. With light groan, he pushed himself off the bed.

Weary eyes glanced over the mess of blankets and bloodied clothes - when did he manage to take off his clothes? He nearly tensed up as he felt someone's arm on his shoulder but sighed as it turned out to be Old man Yuudai.

"Are you alright kiddo?" His facial expressions were softer, his eyes kinder. It was almost as if a scowl had never marred his face before. "I'm fine jiji, don't you start crying" Toshio replied while feigning a laughing face.

"Good! Good! 'cause I can't wait to show you those videos of your I recorded last night while you were doing all sort of stupid stuff" He patted his shoulder with his free hand and grinned. Oh ****.....

xxXxx

That's how Old man got his pictures. After that those never ending deliveries started. That old man is a real slave driver, I better get there before he really post my pictures....Toshio sighed while rolling a coin in his hand.

Toshio was distracted from his thoughts and brought into reality when he heard a buzzing sound coming from his pocket. It was his phone. He opened his phone and saw a message from Naoki.

?Hey, Toshio. Where are you? Want to grab a quick bite or something? I?m hungry. Sushi was not enough. I?m here near Oshijiwa?s.?

He smiled and began texting back.

"I'm heading over to sushi restaurant. Come there. And yeah! sushi again." After he finished typing his message he pressed "send". Seriously he got a larger appetite than me...he mumbled under his breath.

It's almost noon.... Lunch time eh! he started typing another message

" I'm kinda hungry, you up for sushi?"

Send to: Kouki

He slide his phone closed and put it in his back pocket. And started heading towards Endo sushi.

Last edited:
Years

images

Kouki

Kouki wasn't sure what he expected when he started working here, but it seemed like music shops didn't do a lot of business. He doubted many people even knew what they sold here. His only "customer" was a girl who just wanted to try out the instruments, but she left after an hour without actually buying anything. He was staring off into space, dozing off behind his shades when his phone chirped at him. Mildly surprised, but grateful for the reprieve, he glanced around the store. Not seeing his boss anywhere, he whipped out his phone to check the message.

"I'm kinda hungry, you up for sushi?"

It was from Toshio. As far as friends go, Kouki didn't have very many, but Toshio was probably his best friend. Mostly because he was one of the only guys Kouki's age that really understood him. The two could spend an hour together in companionable silence, hardly saying a word, yet they could have an entire conversation in that time. Feeling a slight smile tug at his mouth, Kouki glanced at the clock before he replied.

"My lunch is in 5. I'll be at Endo's in 10."

He busied himself around the store for a minute or so before poking his head into his boss's office. The old man looked up from his paperwork, quirking an eyebrow at Kouki. Kouki tilted his head toward the clock, which made his boss grunt dismissively and shoo him away. Kouki bowed his head in acknowledgement, heading out the door. The music store was in a plaza across the street from Oshijiwa's, so it wasn't a long walk to the sushi restaurant. Kouki moved his headphones from his neck to his ears, plugging in his Zune and letting the music, an upbeat classical song, play. He appreciated the change in musical tone, a bounce in his step in time with the music as he crossed the street.

He arrived earlier than he said he would, leaning against the wall by the door. It was kind of a tradition they had, going back to their first meeting. Oh, sure, they'd seen each other in school before, being the same age, but Toshio had always had a lot of charisma, while Kouki tended to blend in with the crowd. The first time they'd really met had been during exams their first year. Between tests, Kouki had gone outside to relax, watching the clouds in peaceful silence. Toshio came out for apparently the same reason, leaning against a nearby railing and letting out a sigh. Kouki had agreed with a simple "Mm-hmm.", and they soon became chill bros.

So Kouki waited outside the restaurant for his friend to show up, bobbing his head to a club remix as he watched the world through his tinted lenses. He couldn't help but smile, feeling very relaxed at that moment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
calendar146-300x300.png

2 - A
qjKuFvY.png
tumblr_mke5ryCqCa1rxkurco1_500.jpg

e - ri takanashi
衛里 小鳥遊

Walking down the street her apartment was on somehow filled Eri with unease. More than usual, she felt like she was being watched, and judged by every passerby she awkwardly greeted. Thankfully the store was only a few blocks away, and she calmed herself by thinking she could always take a different way home if there was anyone she really couldn't stand to see again. A gentle sigh escaped her lips. She felt pathetic just thinking these things, but was it really that bad if it made her life just that little bit easier? It's not like she was inconveniencing anyone, right?

When she finally reached the convenience store, she took a deep breath before stepping inside. She was immediately greeted with a feigned-cheerful "Irasshaimase!", to which she customarily didn't respond. On the small speakers, the classic high-pitched, upbeat store jingle was playing on repeat. Most people might think it annoying, but Eri actually sort of liked it for the sense of familiarity... and she'd caught herself humming it when she left more than once before. ''Every day's great...''

Despite the small size of the store, they managed to pack it chock-full of appealing-looking items. Browsing through, Eri first found what she came for; a half loaf of bread that was supposedly 'long lasting'. Walking through the aisles though, she managed to pick up a fresh, large bottle of green tea, and a prepared meal of katsu curry. They were surprisingly cheap, obviously low effort, and for microwaved foods Eri certainly didn't think it tasted bad. Finally, she grabbed a rice ball for the road before heading to the counter.

Escaping from the cool airconditioned interior, Eri had convinced herself it'd be better to take the long way home. After all, it was such nice weather, and otherwise she'd just keep herself cooped up inside all day anyway... So she walked down the road closest to the river. The sound of her plastic bag was louder than that of the rushing water, but making an effort she could still hear it distinctly. Looking around, she made sure to keep a steady pace as she came by the most dangerous area; the riverside plaza was a place for people to gather, but as she anticipated it was quiet this time on a monday. Still she walked fast as she crossed, determined to not give anyone the time to call out to her. Relieved when she reached the street corner on the other end, she quickly turned, and almost bumped into a young man leaning against the wall next to the entrance of a sushi restaurant.

''Ah! I-I'm sorry, please excuse me...'' Eri nearly stumbled over her words as she made a small bow and hastily moved past him. She felt her cheeks go red with embarrassment, but a few steps further she realised something was off. An uneasy feeling of recognition grew inside her chest. Despite only catching such a short glimpse of his face, she had seen this person before. Her pace slowed until she stopped altogether... and briefly looked over her shoulder to make sure. Her heart nearly stopped when she noticed his eyes were still on her too however, and she took off on a light jog to reach the next corner.

Last edited:

jombii

Years

43369.jpg

Uehara Naoki | Emperor​

Post 3: Sushi, Again???​

His phone rang. Naoki checked it and, as expected, he saw that it was Toshio who texted.

"I'm heading over to sushi restaurant. Come there. And yeah! sushi again." Naoki read the text out loud and groaned. He just had sushi for lunch. Why couldn't Toshio choose something else, like noodles? Naoki thought of not showing up for Toshio but he decided that his hunger was bigger than his annoyance for his friend. "All right then, I'll be at Endo's in a few."

The sushi restaurant was just near Oshijiwa's so Naoki decided to just leisurely walk towards his destination. Knowing Toshio, he could be a little late than usual. He got his headphones from his pocket and listened to some of novelty music. The wind was still blowing quite serenely and Naoki was enjoying every step towards Endo's.

Images, however, started popping up in his mind. A windowless room. A woman. Several of his schoolmates. Then they were gone. Naoki stopped in mid-step, spooked at what he has seen in his mind. A vague scene started forming in his mind, as if his brain was trying to dig up some very deeply-buried memory. A dream. Naoki shook his head, trying to clear his mind and continued to go his way to Endo's.

When he arrived there, he saw a black-haired guy he recognized from school. He forgot what his name was though. He also has his headphones up, with his head bobbing to the beat only he can hear. Naoki opened the door to the restaurant, took a quick look, trying to find Toshio. As expected, his friend was nowhere near the area. Naoki took up his phone and typed one word.

Here.

Years
[a id]text[/a id]

[alink id=persona]Katashi Kudo[/alink id]

6d62a0dd3e17fc4c669875e5af200060.jpg

The short angry man had just demanded to know who Katashi was and also asked about the cafe. Usually Katashi would be fine with introducing himself but he couldn't quite get over the boy's tone. He was quite agitated at the boy's lack of manners and scrunched up his face in disgust.

"I'm Katashi Kudo, first year at Rakkoken." he said, offering the boy a hand. "The food's really good, although I only had dessert." he smiled, thinking of the food. "If you don't mind me asking, are you going just because you're hungry or are you going here specifically because of the butlers?" he asked bluntly. After a short time away from school his conversational skills had been starting to get a bit rusty. He had spent almost all his time practicing for the soccer tryouts and hadn't talked to a single person his age until this morning. He tugged at his shirt collar as he felt his neck growing warm. He wasn't sure why he was so curious. Perhaps he thought he could try to find out if the older grades were more accepting of this kind of thing than the other boys on his old soccer team. Either way, he had already asked. There was no point in freaking out before the boy answered him.

[a id]persona[/a id]

[alink id=text]Narcissus[/alink id]

latest

Healing and Ailment

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Kagawa, Daiki

M | 18 | 3rd Year | Class A

XV The Devil

"Here for the food, I mean why were you?" He asked confused. But taking his attention away, his stomach growled a bit loudly. Shaking his head, he was just done with this conversation and didn't think twice about dragging it out further.

"Whatever. I'm going in." He said, finishing whatever brief interaction. Not rally caring what the taller blond thought about him in the moment, he walked around heading right into the building.

Pleasant... and also really uh. Hmm. There was a proper word for how fancy this place wanted to be compared to what it actually was. Oh. Disappointing! That's totally the right word for what he was seeing.

"Table for one. Yeah, one!" He said, glaring at the butler before him who was spiffed up in the uniform for the cafe. Not really the most appealing look that could be on the guy. Daiki would complain that there wasn't a single speck of pride in that kid's posture but it didn't matter. Food mattered more.

"Welcome to the Butler Cafe, Master."

"An actual sakura tree inside. Huh. Not sure how you all manage to keep it alive with that AC blasting ice into the air." Daiki noticed that there were fallen leaves on the ground. Honestly it was kinda bad since that Sakura tree could have germs or whatever else spread all over. "I want that table. It's far away from the leaves."

"Certainly Master. Right this way please."

Following the boy across the room Daiki sat down on a "fancy" chair that was actually uncomfortable for how soft it was trying to be. The table was clean... seemingly so. He wasn't sure when it was replaced or washed last but there weren't any specs of food or tea on it.

"Green tea. Ya got that?" He asked rhetorically.

"Of course master, I'll fetch a fresh pot. Here's the menu-"

"I'll have the special." Daiki interrupted. He knew that getting an order in now was going to cut down the time he had to spend in this cafe.

"Right away, Master." The waiter slipped away, leaving the short blond a moment alone.

He pulled out his phone, spending the remainder of his waiting time texting.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
It soon became night time in the city of Osaka, where most have already fallen asleep, except a few particular shops open for adults. Eventually your character falls into a deep sleep for the night, until they came across a strange dream...

FCYdleZ.jpg

Spoiler:
When your character becomes awake, they find them self upon a strange, spacious room. Overhead was a glass chandelier, with a balcony that's surrounded by wooden rails. All around the walls were strange paintings of many different kinds of people, and other... strange beings like strange shaped wolves and lions. This place is almost like... a room in a mansion.

As your character comes around, they notice they're not alone. Many other characters have joined you, just as groggy and confused as you are. You might notice that these characters look familiar... in fact, its the same ones you might know of in the previous dream, or perhaps from Osaka somewhere. Maybe they all are strangers to your character. Whichever the case may be, you then notice that you're seated on a chair, that's accompanied by a large dining table. The table is so large that all of you managed to take up every seat all around it. The decoration consists of a white table cloth spread all around for the table, with candles lit throughout each third of the length.

All around the room are different doors - many, many doors. By your estimate, there is as many doors as the number of people inside this space. However, you might find out that none will open for you. Yet. Soon, one particular door almost sat in the front of the hall begins to open. It was a woman.

A woman appears to address you all. She's dressed as though she's a maid - having a blue blouse with white lining, as well as white long dress socks with blue dress shoes. Most distinguishing trait of all was her silver hair, and her golden yellow eyes. Not to mention, cat ear accessories. She looked upon the teenagers with her seemingly cold eyes. Shortly after, she gave a gentle bow of introduction.

"Welcome... to the Velvet Room. We meet again."

____________________________________________________________________________________​

This is a scene where your characters enter the Velvet Room for the first time. How does your character react in the dream, seeing each other together again (or the first time)? And that woman... just who is she?

Questions are sure to have answers. Dive in to find out.

Players:

Kazue Tamaka // TOWER
Tatsuo Oshijima // HEIROPHANT
Kiro Irakuza // HUNGER
Aiko Schroeder-Inoue // MOON
Katashi Kudo // LOVERS
Uehara Naoki // EMPEROR
Kouki Morimoto // HERMIT
Izumi Takino // STRENGTH
Hideki Miyazawa // MAGICIAN
Eri Takanashi // DEATH
Giichi Jo // TEMPERANCE
Satomi Taniguchi // PRIESTESS
Toshio Miyazaki // FORTUNE
Yuuki Matsusheta // HANGED MAN
Madison Page // CHARIOT
Daiki Kagawa // DEVIL
Kammi Akiyama // EMPRESS

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

?

Izumi Takino
17 Years Old | Second Year | XI. Strength

Another Night, Another Dream

Izumi groaned as she slowly began to come to. Her head hurt a bit, but aside from that she could tell that she was mostly okay. Sitting up slowly, the girl opened her eyes to reveal that she was no longer back at home, safely tucked away in her bed for the evening. Rather, Izumi quickly noticed that she was in some place that almost resembled a mansion of sorts. That wasn't all, either. As the girl began to take in her sights, she realized that she wasn't alone in this place either. Others were gathered in this entry hall of sorts as well...

"I gotta stop drinking the protein shake before bed... Wait... Matsusheta-san... Oshijama-san... What are you..." Izumi began, her question pausing as a voice quickly caught her attention. Slowly, her eyes searched the room until they came to meet those of a particular, maid uniform-clad woman with yellow eyes. "Again...? Is this actually happening again?"

After her meeting with Yuuki and Tatsuo, Izumi knew that the first dream must have had some meaning behind it. The last thing that she expected was that she was going to find herself reliving this same sort of dream again. Sure, there were a few differences. Namely, the location that she and these other people were gathered was quite different. Something about it was off... She felt both a mixture of comfort and unease all at once, as if it was a place that she was never actually meant to go to.

Slowly climbing to her feet, Izumi's eyes narrowed at the woman before her. "Alright... Once was weird enough... And this place, I can tell it ain't exactly normal... So I'll bite. What is... a Velvet Room? And why do you keep callin' us like this? It's kinda creepy, ya know?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Kagawa, Daiki

M | 18 | 3rd Year | Class A

XV The Devil

Blue walls and dark decor, fancy like The Blossom's Rest. But instead of light and pink, the atmosphere was dominated by dark and azure colors. This would make a much better place for a cafe... that was at least the short blond's immediate thought once he gaining consciousness. He breathed in slowly, coming to understand the transition from sleep to awareness of the spacious room. It was as if he'd always been sitting there, napping in place. He wasn't uncomfortable but his seat wasn't meant for napping.

Chandeliers and candles were a simple illumination that made it harder for his eyes to scan the room. But a couple seconds was all that was needed to adjust to the lighting. He noticed the upper balcony while gazing into the fixtures hanging overhead. Then the wooden railing lead his eye down towards the walls where he saw the paintings of deformed animals, depicted based on a verbal description instead of by seeing it in real life.

Before him the table draped in a long white cloth for a long table which a lot of other people sat around. He wasn't sure why he didn't notice them when he awoke but now he couldn't look away from their faces. This dream was like one before but his brain wasn't making the connection. The former expereince was sitting in the back of his head until it was pulled forward by seeing Katashi Kudo.

"You..." He said, more like a question then statement. He was going to speak up and ask why they were there in the mansion but instead he was concerned about leaving. That's when Daiki realized the room had an enormous number of doors all around. One opened up, revealing a maid in the same blue as the room. Silver hair and golden eyes made her all the more mysterious but the short blond was sure that they were part of an outfit just as those cat ears on her head were.

"What's the Velvet room?" Daiki asked, spitting out words despite the cloud in his brain stirring panic into his veins. He wanted out more than he wanted answers. "Why are am I here?" He barked out.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro Irakuza ~ Hunger XI-2
Purple. A different purple. Darker, less saturated. Kiro came to amongst this purple. Confused that there was lighting past his eylids, he opened his eyes, rose to his feet, and looked around. A nobleman's dining room is the conclusion he came to. Large table, chandelier, many chairs, overhead balcony, even paintings to top it all off. Aside from the unusual paintings, the only thing that fought his assumption were the doors. Contrary to last night, there were many as opposed to none. Around seventeen or so. A groan brought his eyes to a familiar orange haired girl. Izumi... The memories came easy, effortless to relive. He slowly turned, seeing the others. Same people. Same setup... The creaking of an opening door followed by light footsteps sent his eyes towards the front of the room. Same woman. Having already grasped the situation, Kiro remained calm as she spoke, curious to see if this dream would turn out anything like the last.

The Velvet Room. He called the memory of his previous time here to him. A place that 'exists between dream and reality, mind and matter.' This woman, a 'resident of this place, serving her master.' "Juliette," Others began to speak, and he did as well, looking for the answers to questions left previously unanswered, "If you and your master are 'simply bored,' then why must we be the ones to relieve you of it? And under what circumstances are we 'fated to be here?'"

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

p6CW8Kj.png

Kazue Tamaka
Female//16//The Tower

Return to the Blues

Kazue awoke to a visual barrage of blue, and instantly regretted not dying in her sleep. Sure enough, the crowd of strange people were gathered around once more, victims of the strange maid. Surely this was a dream this time around, no other way she would be caught and dragged to this strange room twice, she hoped. Not to mention she had no idea how she got out last time if it wasn't a dream.

Hopefully someone didn't lose their minds this time.

"Okay," Kazue said, finally addressing her captor, "I don't like repeating what the others are asking, but why the fuck are we here again? We don't want to play couple for your entertainment. Not to mention that I'd like to return to my pleasant nights of dreamless sleep."

Maybe it was time to consider religion, and this woman may literally be the devil? Either way, she could already see Morikawa's smug face if she ever managed to get details on these dreams.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years

Hideki Ishitani(Miyazawa)
FnqELzr.jpg

First Night at the Velvet Manor
"Hey, I work as hard as anyone else here! But my first year at Rakkoken High is starting in a week. I know I'm gonna be cutting back on my hours here, but you can't cut my pay! I'll lost my apartment!" Hideki shouted at the short, beautiful young crimson-haired woman in Blossom's Rest's kitchen. Even as she furiously clooked the various orders still coming in, she never once considered taking off her pink kimono or her wooden sandals, and neither seemed to hamper her grace in the slighest.

"Get a smaller apartment then, you lazy bum!" She retorted gracefully.

"Fuck off, you midget hag!" Hideki yelled back with little to no grace just before a still-sizzling frying pan was thrown - gracefully, I might add - so hard that it slammed into the wall inches from Hideki's face and actually cracked the wall tile it struck. "Tone it down a notch you crazy bi-whoah!" Hideki gasped and ducked as the very same egg the projectile pan had been frying shot onto the wall behind where his face had just been...somehow arriving after the pan. "How did you eve-"

"Get out before I boil you in a big vat of tea to make it taste richer!" More culinary munitions continued to fly at Hideki as he desperately dodged and dashed for the kitchen's back door to escape into the alley behind Blossom's Rest. Just as he was about to reach safety yet more unbearably harsh words were thrown at him - words from which he may never recover. "Make sure you stay safe and make it back here on time tomorrow or I will skin you! You're our best waiter and I need you and don't let me down because I love you like the lazy little shitbird nephew my bitch sister won't give me!"

Her words froze him in place between death and freedom, the perfect delay to allow a wooden ladle to smack him in the back of the head. Clearly, she'd been merciful if he was still conscious. "OW! Dear Kami FINE I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!...I love you too, Oba-chan." The resolution may have been affectionate, but that didn't mean Hideki would be stupid enough to linger, he sprinted straight out the door and didn't slow down till he got home, tossed his work bag onto his couch and dived face-first into bed.

Claustrophobia...completely immobilized, trapped, desperation but...wait, a breeze? Not Claustrophobia, but still trapped. Why? Panic growing. Light finally shining down around him. Hideki pushed one last time, harder than all the others and heard a slight scraping sound. At that moment the light grew bright enough to reveal his predicament. "A rock?!" Yes. A rock. A rock kidnapped Hideki and - no, no wait, the rock is just what he's been tied to, by chains no less. Massive chains were pinning Hideki to a large rock at the top of a peerless mountain, chains big enough to be the leash of Cerberus.

"Close, but no cigar." Hideki heard echoing around him in his own voice? "That's right, I'm you." This time the voice had a clear place of origin, in front of Hideki was his doppleganger. Or something like it. What sat on the edge of the mountain's peak was Hideki if he was draped in the darkness of a summer solstice eclipse, and with glowing amber irises. The fake Hideki held one end of the chains imprisoning the real Hideki, watching him struggle with the smuggest grin imaginable.

"Bullshit you're me!" Hideki retorted. "I'd never chain myself down away from everything, all by myself. You can't live like that and keep your sanity."

"Oh but that's exactly what you're doing, you sweet, ignorant boy." The fake answered, a strange distortion to his voice. "You're right about the second part though! Which is exactly why we're here, somewhere in there you know how much of an idiot you're being. Think about it just a bit, I thought you were supposed to do a lot of thinking?"

Before Hideki could argue any further his eyes shot open to show him...nothing...because he was still face-down in his bed. He rolled over, groaned and closed his eyes again without any further thought.

Hideki's eyes fluttered open, vision blurry, but adjusting quickly thanks to the gentle, weak light filtering into the room from...where exactly? He continued to blink for a few more seconds as the vague shapes and silhouettes gathered around him finally manifested into...

"Oh for fuck's sa - again?" The already annoyed young man muttered as he looked around at all the teenagers gathered in the room. All the same people from before, even that mad dog guy, as well as Katashi and Izumi. Even the miad was the same...though her clothes were new. And really cute. That outfit would look great on an idol, actually. I wonder if she can sing? Thinking about something he loved helped to him relax, though he did have to check his chair for chains first. By the time Hideki broke free from his reverie, the maid's speech was done and several other people had already responded to her. He hadn't really paid attention to what she said, but as his gaze roamed over all the perplexed faces of his repeated dream-sharers, a few questions jumped out of his mouth faster than he could process the thoughts behind them.

"Just exactly what connection do we all share? What exactly is coming our way that binds us all together and brings a bunch of teenagers to the attention of some sort of being that's capable of dragging a bunch of people to the same dream? And if you're merely a servant, what sort of being is your master?"

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Kammi Akiyama

"This is the start of something. I just have a feeling."

March, 25th | 17 | Year Two | The Empress
Faodail - Wren

In the early afternoon, the park at the edge of Osaka was a fairly peaceful place. Kammi Akiyama awaited her friends there, happy to take the time to enjoy the good weather and beautiful scenery. As of next week, Rakkoken High would once again open its doors to students, calling the vacation between semesters to a close. It was time for Kammi and her friends to have just a bit more fun, or at least get prepared together, before school actually started. Of course, that depended entirely on when they would actually show up.

Hisako and Mihoko were good friends, loyal and trustworthy. Punctual, on the other hand, was not something Kammi would use to describe the pair. Regardless, their absence gave Kammi the time to think about the dream she had only the previous night.

It had been odd, after all. It had been a strange, classroom type of setting with several teenagers sitting behind each of the desks. She had recognized a few of the people, like Aiko and Madison Page, as well as a few upperclassmen. The issue about the dream was that none of the people really seemed to have any major connections between them. Some of them were quieter, and some were a bit more… Outspoken. The group's strange host had called them "Lost Children", but hadn't given much information to what that meant. She had seemingly woken up at the most inopportune time, but she remembered the dream so much more clearly than others she had in the past. Why were there some people she knew, and others that she didn't? What connected them aside from their school?

"Kammi!" came a yell from towards the entrance of the park, shaking the second-year from her thoughts. She looked up to see Mihoko and Hisako there, the latter's hand raised in a wave as if to get her attention. Kammi got up with a smile. The dream was odd, but now wasn't the time to worry about it. She had friends to attend to.

Later, that night...​

Kammi woke up slowly, a yawn coming from her mouth as she looked around the room. She was there again. A different place, yes, but she was with the same people from the dream the night before. And this? It had to be another dream or… Something. Kammi wasn't a stupid girl, but this dream wasn't normal. It was weird to consider it anything but a dream, but here was something different about it. An ominous air surrounded the people sitting at the dining table, not that it seemed to come from them.

She was ready to spit out some sort of curse, but refrained when one of the many doors opened to reveal a maid… Or someone who appeared to be one. With her introduction, the group learned where they were. Well, they knew what it was called.

The others in the room immediately began to get fussy. They asked the same questions as she would, and some even asked at about the same volume had she not taken a second to think about the situation. It looked as if only one of the others had gotten out of their seat at this point, but that likely meant no one had tried any of the doors around them. For a moment, she was tempted to at least see where they lead, but if this person had brought them there for a reason, there was no guarantee that they would be allowed to leave.

"Juliette," Kammi said aloud, calling the maid by the name she had given everyone the night before. Every situation required some sort of etiquette and the outright demands that the other teenagers had questioned the maid with likely were not ones that matched the situation. From experience, Kammi knew demands were not always met with the best of responses. Sure, they are all in this Velvet Room against their will, but not knowing who this woman was or what she wanted meant that they had no idea what could get them all killed.

Standing up from her chair, she looked the maid in her yellow eyes as if to hold her ground. Calm politeness was something she needed to show, but that didn't mean she could put her tail between her legs either. "Can you cut to the chase, please?" She didn't mean for the words to come out as offensively as they did, but the only other ways to put it were much wordier. "You've told us last night that this is a world in between, but not what that means or why being bored was enough for you to take us here. The sooner we get the chance to know these things, the more willing to work with you we will be."

She spoke for the entire group in the last sentence, despite the unlikeliness that people wanted to be spoken for. Hopefully,this wouldn't cause any sort of tension with the others, but she hoped that the woman would now be a bit more helpful with the words she used.

Years

Toshio Miyazaki

JokVPBz.jpg

Kouki....A smile lit Toshio's face.Toshio was very close to all of his friends and considered them all as his family. But Kouki was one of the top in that category...he was his best friend. He was his friend from the very start. Naoki was different of course--- Toshio wasn't sure what to call their bond but it was something stronger than Diamond. Either way, they were the closest persons he had at this school.

Buzzing sound disturbed his train of thought again. It was a message from Naoki.....Here. Naoki arrived faster than he expected.

Almost there--he texted back.

He arrived in front of restaurant and saw Kouki leaning against wall and Naoki impatiently waiting for him. "Yo! Let's go." he greeted them cheerfully. Both of them were looking strangely toward him.

Oh! I totally forgot that Kouki and Naoki don't know each other....

"Well! This is Naoki and this is Kouki....
He introduced them to each other while walking in restaurant. "You guys eat, I need to talk to old man." After that Toshio pretty much his spent time dealing with old man.

xxXxx

A soft groan escaped Toshio's lips as he slowly opened his eyes. He raised his head off of the table and winced, placing his hand to support his neck as he continued to readjust himself. His other hand rubs at his sleep encrusted eyes and he slouches against the chair he was sitting in. After rubbing his eyes, he looked around and saw those familiar people again. He remembered eating at restaurant with Kouki and Naoki, running a errand for old man, returning at his apartment late night and letting his fatigue drag him into darkness of sweet sweet sleep.

But I'm here again ahh.....he sighed while spotting Kouki who was two chair away on his right side. He smiled while nodding toward him. Last time he slept through halfway so he didn't know much about what happend.

This woman....just what she is? Someone who can summon people to the place they want while they're asleep.....that's not possible for a human. Just what the hell she is? He sighed while trying to think of answer to his questions. Everyone started questioning maid. He can clearly see everyone was getting frustrated with each passing moment. It was getting a little too noisy here.

He turned around on his side and looked toward kouki catching his eyes as he motioned to one of the door. He knows that Kouki will get what he is trying to say. While he was waiting for him to answer he started searching for Noaki.

Naoki was here last time....right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 28, 2018

Male | 18 | Third-Year
🂠 Temperance

2. What Night Reveals
Monday, 25/4/20XX

-----
A slab of moonlight managed to cut the corner of the alley, but it barely reached two steps before it met a hard-lined end to the overwhelming shadows. It was the dead of night and the streets nearby were silent, save for a soft sound of shuffling somewhere in the black side alley. Gingerly stepping into the light, what appeared to be a young woman in a dark yukata held a swollen mound beneath it, cupping it to her stomach in her broad hands. Flowing blonde hair took on a silver-lined tinge in the moonlight before shining nearly golden under the streetlamps. As she walked the street alone, she glanced at the reflection of herself in a blind-drawn window of a closed corner store. Hair spilled down to her shoulders and over the nearly feminine yet twisted painted look over her face. Her makeup took on the look of a monstrous cat, yet the blush, shadow, lipstick, and contour favored a woman's face and complimented her strong chin. As she rounded the corner in her painted geta sandals, the sound of wood against concrete followed her into the towering building before her.

-----
During every climb of every stair past the dimly lit and vacant lobby, she thought to herself as she held her pregnant load. She did not assume this outfit when the day began. When she left the house, she was a young man, with hair bound tightly behind his head, his change of clothes and makeup underneath his cold lunch, and his dark eyes focused on the screen of his cell phone. He was in a hurry to visit a girl in his grade at the fair downtown. He liked her company as she seemed infatuated by him. She was so soft-spoken yet eager to share her time with a guy she admired. He gave her attention so that he could receive that attention back, and it felt like bonding to him as they walked around the fairgrounds, spending spare change on catching goldfish and fishing for water balloons.

-----
There was the sound of a click as the key fob was recognized by the receiver beside room 406. The female impersonator slipped his hand into the breast of his gown, dropping the apartment key into his undershirt as he quietly and cautiously crept in. The only light was the light from the hallway that spilled into the dark. Closing the door behind him and being sure to make no sound, he slipped off his sandals, picked them up, and slinked with bare feet through the spacious apartment to his room. As he closed the sliding door behind him, he opened up the obi sash that tied around his waist, and the large lump that hung from his stomach delivered onto the tatami bed. The backpack hit the sheets, as did his key fob and a folding fan. Blinking an overwhelming sense of tiredness from his eyes now that his body relaxed in a true safe haven, he plucked his cell phone from a pocket in the backpack and dragged himself over to his private bathroom to undress.

-----
As the water ran and the sink filled with muddled streaks of color pooling brown, he heard a vibration against the counter. It rang twice more until he was able to wipe the soaked and caking muck from his eyes and rinse his hand of his makeup, He picked up his cell. Unlocking his phone to read his messages, he saw that he had missed four texts.

-----
The first three were the most recent, from a contact whose name only appeared as a spider emoji:

⌜Thanks for calming Jakku down. Peppo was upset but it wasn't her fault. ⌟
⌜Hurting that piece of shit for what he did to her felt good. He deserved it.⌟
⌜Seeing you like that was really hot. ⌟

-----
The last text was from a contact named Midori:

⌜Thanks for all the fun at the festival today. Before I messed it up. I hope my anxiety didn't make me a burden by the end. I just wanted to leave then because all I could think about was him being there and finding me. I promise to make it up to you tomorrow. Don't text back.⌟

-----
Setting the phone back down, he finished washing up before slipping out of his yukata. He kept on his into a form-fitting A-shirt and put on some loose monpei bottoms. Taking his phone with him and setting its alarm app for early tomorrow, he shuffled over into his bed and laid there, replaying his day in his head. As he shut his eyes and his mind drifted, time was lost.

* * *​

-----
He jolted awake as he felt the sensation of plummeting take over his body for a split second. Sitting upright with his hands gripping armrests, his eyes had to adjust to the dim light, only to find that he was in an immaculate dining room from a place his mind couldn't remember. He sat there frozen in astonishment for a moment, eyes widened with lips pressed thin. But just as quickly to his own reaction, he lapsed back into a deceitfully stoic look the second he saw he was not alone.

-----
Silent, he let a familiar group of others speak. Their words went in one ear and out the other, and all he gleaned were impressions of emotions out of their exchanges as his nails began to slowly claw at the underside of the armrest. He sat there unwittingly in his tank top, his toned muscles noticeably flexed with tension as his untied hair spilled down to his shoulders. All he could think about was if he had washed his face, but his fear and growing anger kept him from touching his bare cheek.

jombii

Years

43369.jpg

Uehara Naoki | Emperor​

Post 4: Toshio is a Scumbag. Also, dream?​

"Yo! Let's go!" Naoki heard Toshio's voice and looked up from his phone. He was beckoning to him and the other guy with the headphones on. "Well, this is Naoki and this is Kouki…" Toshio said as the three of them entered the sushi bar. "You guys eat, I need to talk to the old man." Toshio said and went directly to the back of the bar.

"What the-?" Naoki uttered after Toshio. What the hell does he think in leaving me here with a stranger? He looked at Kouki who looked equally shocked by what Toshio did. "Uhm yeah hi. You know what. I'm not really a big fan of human interaction and I just had sushi for lunch, so I guess I'll hop off now then." Naoki smiled and went back outside. "Nice meeting you though," he said as he ran outside the sushi restaurant. He made a mental note to confront Toshio about it.

He just decided to head back home, tired from all the sleeping he did near the river. He murmured a grunt of recognition towards his father as he arrived and headed straight to his room. He fell down on his bed, the softness enticing him to close his eyes. Yeah, I figured there wouldn't be too much to do now. Naoki slept again. The clock read 6 PM.

He woke to the sound of tinkling glass. Naoki opened his eyes, all blurred up from his sleep. The first thing he saw was a familiar stranger sitting across him. The face looked familiar and Naoki thought that she might be from school but Naoki couldn't be perfectly sure. He whipped his head from side to side and saw Toshio. He apparently have not seen him yet. Just then a door slams.

"Welcome… to the Velvet Room. We meet again." Naoki saw the woman appear from one of the many doors in the room. She was wearing a maid blouse. Nothing about her screams familiar for Naoki. All the other people from the room started asking questions and it's a good response. In a strange place, you better remove that air of strangeness.

Naoki decided to stay silent for the meantime. All relevant questions have been asked. He can't handle new people now, more than ever. He raised his eyebrows, calling out Toshio's attention.

Hey scumbag, look at me.

Back