• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Fanclub!

Years
I've been catching up with what I've had DVRed since I've been so busy over the past few weeks, but I'm quite interested in the whole deal between Skip Sheffield Ryback and CM Punk. It's kind of strange how quickly Ryback has gone from squashing jobbers and lower-mid carders to beating the Intercontinental Champion in 2 minutes and intimidating the WWE Champion. I love his character and that the crowd seems behind him, but I fear that he'll turn into another Mason Ryan or Ezekiel Jackson if pushed too far, too fast (although, that method seems to have worked out for Sheamus pretty well).

I also really love the disfunctional Team Hell No as of late. The very first time they took the anger management course, I immediately recognized that they would be a future team, and I'm glad it came to fruition. And I like that WWE is finally rebuilding their Tag Team division, after so many years of it being ignored. Hopefully we'll see either the Rhodes Scholars or Mysterio & Sin Cara win this 8 team tournament to challenge for the titles at the next pay per view.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Eh, I'm not so sure I'd say Sheamus was pushed really quickly, unless you're talking about his push as a heel?

And I love Ryback's character, but like you said, I'm worried he's being pushed to fast. He's brute strength, that might not work well when it comes to a 20 minute match for the world title.

As for Team Hell No, I love everything about them. I've always liked Kane, and I've always loved Bryan Danielson. The teams gonna last a while, for sure. And as for the rebirth of the tag team division, I'll give the WWE a nod of approval. A couple of years late, but hey, better late then never.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
-What wrestling business do you watch most? TNA

-Who is your favorite wrestler?
Of all time, it has to be Ultimo Dragon. He held something like 10 titles at once, and was pleased when I saw him in WWE. He just wasn't utilized enough and should have been kept on. I saw him in WCW also. Currently, my favorite wrestler is now AJ Styles.

-What is your favorite finisher (include the person(s) who uses it!)
Asai DDT (Ultimo Dragon)
Somersault Cutter aka Diamond Dust (Layla, Masato Tanaka)
Egyptian Conniption (Amasis)
Submissions:
Crippler Crossface (Chris Benoit)
Coquina Clutch (Samoa Joe)
Batista Bite (Batista)
-Favorite match?
This is going a long way back, and it was the match between Razor Ramon vs The Kid. I still see it as the biggest upset match, because The Kid didn't need any help to beat Razor, only a moonsault did it. The Kid went in that ring as a nobody, then came out as a somebody. The Kid -> 1-2-3 Kid.

---

I'm really liking the Aces & Eights angle on TNA, since coming back to watch it in early July. I actually hope they win at the next PPV (sure it is Bound for Glory). Since Joseph Park has been trying to get evidence from Aces & Eights, I think it's a ruse and I think he is playing Hogan for a fool. I honestly think Park is part of Aces & Eights.

Hogan "signed" something before getting maced, so I wonder if there is something else that is on the line in the match.

I'm really liking the fact that Austin Aries is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, and I hope he beats Jeff Hardy. I would have preferred Aries to face Bully Ray instead.

Years
Eh, I'm not so sure I'd say Sheamus was pushed really quickly, unless you're talking about his push as a heel?

And I love Ryback's character, but like you said, I'm worried he's being pushed to fast. He's brute strength, that might not work well when it comes to a 20 minute match for the world title.

As for Team Hell No, I love everything about them. I've always liked Kane, and I've always loved Bryan Danielson. The teams gonna last a while, for sure. And as for the rebirth of the tag team division, I'll give the WWE a nod of approval. A couple of years late, but hey, better late then never.

Yeah, I was talking about Sheamus' push back in 2009. His whole ECW run he was basically a mid-carder. Once on Raw, within about a month's time, he went from feuding with Jamie Noble to winning the WWE Championship, only about half a year after his TV debut. The monster push seems to have helped him in the long run (he's been the Heavyweight champ since Wrestlemania), but I just can't see it working for Ryback at this point.

I find myself getting bored with Raw lately, though. I think they were over ambitious when they moved to a 3 hour show, and the TV ratings have shown. I just don't feel like sitting there watching it the entire time, which is why I've been DVRing it even when I am home. I find that I can watch Raw in about 75 minutes when skipping through commercials, recaps and squash matches, so it's not like they couldn't fit all of that content back into their two hour slot. I actually hoped that was what Mr. McMahon's State of the WWE address was about last night, but at least it lead to an entertaining brawl between him and Punk.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Eh, I'm gonna be open minded about the quick push for Ryback. People are cheering for him, so you never know!

And Monday's Raw was really good, in my opinion. However, did anyone notice what happened at the end with Punk? As McMahon was announcing the decision Punk had to make (Ryback or Cena), Punk elbowed some fan in the face. Apparently what happened is that there was no security with Punk, and some idiot decided to smack Punks head. He did it hiding behind some innocent dude, to, and he hit him multiple times from the back. Eventually, Punk got pissed and just elbowed him. Now, the guy who got hit's thinking about filing a lawsuit.

Damn.

Years
I was doing other things while watching Raw last night, so I didn't quite catch all of it, but it looks like they're actually pulling the trigger on Punk vs. Ryback. I'm going to preface this by saying I've actually enjoyed the meteoric rise of Ryback, but I really think WWE's backed themselves into a corner here. Since the match is a Hell in a Cell with no DQ's, they're going to either have to end one of the best title reigns in recent memory, or they'll have to kill off one of the best things they have going with Ryback's undefeated streak. Any other PPV and this could have worked (just have Punk retain by DQ), but now they're left with a decision where I'm sure even Vince doesn't know what he wants to do yet.

Eh, I'm gonna be open minded about the quick push for Ryback. People are cheering for him, so you never know!

And Monday's Raw was really good, in my opinion. However, did anyone notice what happened at the end with Punk? As McMahon was announcing the decision Punk had to make (Ryback or Cena), Punk elbowed some fan in the face. Apparently what happened is that there was no security with Punk, and some idiot decided to smack Punks head. He did it hiding behind some innocent dude, to, and he hit him multiple times from the back. Eventually, Punk got pissed and just elbowed him. Now, the guy who got hit's thinking about filing a lawsuit.

Damn.
The only thing I can think of now is that maybe Ryback will win the title from Punk, and it would be his punishment for doing that. But then again I can't see Ryback facing The Rock at Royal Rumble, which is why I think they've gotten themselves into a big mess.

EDIT: Right after posting this, I had a bit of an idea that could actually keep both runs going, and still make perfect sense. During the Cell match, Brock Lesnar (also a Paul Heyman guy), could do a run-in and start going back and forth with Ryback. During the ensuing chaos, Punk could slink out of the Cell and head to the back, while Ryback and Lesnar are still brawling. The match could then end in a no contest, and set up Ryback vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series, and still give John Cena a few more weeks to heal before he takes on Punk in a rematch.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
Years
I was doing other things while watching Raw last night, so I didn't quite catch all of it, but it looks like they're actually pulling the trigger on Punk vs. Ryback. I'm going to preface this by saying I've actually enjoyed the meteoric rise of Ryback, but I really think WWE's backed themselves into a corner here. Since the match is a Hell in a Cell with no DQ's, they're going to either have to end one of the best title reigns in recent memory, or they'll have to kill off one of the best things they have going with Ryback's undefeated streak. Any other PPV and this could have worked (just have Punk retain by DQ), but now they're left with a decision where I'm sure even Vince doesn't know what he wants to do yet.

The only thing I can think of now is that maybe Ryback will win the title from Punk, and it would be his punishment for doing that. But then again I can't see Ryback facing The Rock at Royal Rumble, which is why I think they've gotten themselves into a big mess.

EDIT: Right after posting this, I had a bit of an idea that could actually keep both runs going, and still make perfect sense. During the Cell match, Brock Lesnar (also a Paul Heyman guy), could do a run-in and start going back and forth with Ryback. During the ensuing chaos, Punk could slink out of the Cell and head to the back, while Ryback and Lesnar are still brawling. The match could then end in a no contest, and set up Ryback vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series, and still give John Cena a few more weeks to heal before he takes on Punk in a rematch.

That's actually a really good way to book it, actually. However, there's two things I can think of that would make this less likely to happen, aside from the fact that the creative team isn't simply that good. Lesnar's got a limited amount of days in contract, and I think WWE would rather use him against someone with a lot more experience. Also, I think Ryback's been pushed too quickly, it's not his time.

But if it does happen, I'll be pretty psyched!

Years
I'm still racking my brain as to what could possibly happen come Sunday, but even as much as I like CM Punk, it would be very interesting to see Ryback win the title. Granted, I still don't think that it's his time either (he really should have been challenging The Miz for the Intercontinental title to continually build him), but CM Punk's run has started to get stale, especially with the cowardly heel that he's playing. Either way, this is probably the most excited I've been for a PPV main event since Cena vs. Rock at Wrestlemania.

The biggest problem I had with Raw this week was the resignation of AJ as the GM, and then hiring Vickie Guerrero as the Managing Supervisor. Granted, AJ wasn't one of my favorite GMs (even though she's my favorite diva besides Natalya), but the whole angle of her stepping down because she was "fraternizing" with another superstar makes absolutely no sense. Even Vickie herself was married to Edge in her run as Smackdown GM, and prior to Wrestlemania Teddy Long was with Aksana, and no one had problems with that. I just saw it as a poor excuse to try and switch things up, but they could have picked any replacement better than Vickie. Heck, I would have preferred to see John Laryngitis back.

Speaking of which, it also hit me today that Vickie has been in the WWE for 6 and a half years now, which is longer than Eddie was ever with the company. I know she was given a long-term deal after Eddie passed, but I don't think anyone expected her to be around this long.

Years
Bumping to hopefully save the club from extinction (or, from being Future Endeavored, if you will).

It's definitely been interesting seeing how the creative team booked their way out of Ryback-Punk, first by having Brad Maddox screw Ryback out of the title (I knew something was going to happen even before the match started when I saw he was the ref). And last night, they brought Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose up to the main roster, by having them ambush Ryback as we was about to win the WWE title again. Personally, I think this is the best thing they could have done by making Ryback look as strong as ever, but start to move him away from the title picture, and hopefully elevate Ambrose and Rollins early in their runs.

Also, does anyone play the WWE games, more specifically WWE 13? I've only had a few of them over the past few years, but I've found myself really enjoying '13, especially with a lot of the Attitude Era roster, and the very well done Attitude Era mode itself. It's a shame that THQ has reportedly filed for bankruptcy, since this is one of my favorite wrestling games in a long time.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm a bit angry that AJ styles can't have another WHC match up until Bound For Glory, why couldn't it have been Bobby Roode instead? Styles hasn't been in the WHC picture since 2009.

Still liking the Aces and Eights angle, with the Director of Chaos getting to be a full member.

I watched Gut Check OFN, and York did excellent in his match with Jeff Hardy. Taeler Hendrix did good in her match with Tara, and that she is now my favorite TNA knockout. I'm liking Austin Aries now, because I like the fact he hates popularity and makes excellent points while still gaining heat from the crowd. Truly the greatest man that ever lived.

Years
I'm a bit angry that AJ styles can't have another WHC match up until Bound For Glory, why couldn't it have been Bobby Roode instead? Styles hasn't been in the WHC picture since 2009.

Still liking the Aces and Eights angle, with the Director of Chaos getting to be a full member.

I watched Gut Check OFN, and York did excellent in his match with Jeff Hardy. Taeler Hendrix did good in her match with Tara, and that she is now my favorite TNA knockout. I'm liking Austin Aries now, because I like the fact he hates popularity and makes excellent points while still gaining heat from the crowd. Truly the greatest man that ever lived.
I think that Austin Aries (much like CM Punk in WWE) are playing their heel roles so well, that you begin to like them more the harder they try to make themselves hated. Makes me wish my cable provider still carried Spike and TNA (they stopped back in the summer) as watching WWE is nice, but I've been missing out on seeing Aries, who was one of my favorites even back in ROH. I've also been quite interested in the Aces and Eights angle, but haven't been able to follow that much, either :\

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt

Shizariger on EGC
Years
-What wrestling business do you watch most? TNA
-Who is your favorite wrestler? Christopher Daniels
-What is your favorite finisher (include the person(s) who uses it!) Inverted DDT / Scorpion Death Drop (Sting)
-Favorite match? Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe is a great recent one.

If anyone wants more pro wrestling discussion I'm a member of WrestlingForum.com (not telling who though). I also moderate a forum that I want to grow, http://forums.memegeneokerlund.com so if you could join it that would be great.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Yeee, I'm back. And I'm watching TLC right now.

Quick tidbits, The Shield won. And their match was amazing. That is all. Watching Cena vs Ziggler right now!

Years
Disappointed I had to work tonight, as I've heard many people say the TLC match was a very strong match of the year candidate. Also glad to see that Dolph Ziggler won (with help from AJ), as I was fearing that Cena would end up winning, and it would be conveniently forgotten that the briefcase was only for the World Heavyweight Championship, and then he would cash it in on The Rock at Wrestlemania in a rematch.

Back