• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
LF:

after defeating blaine, bill pick up me and go to one island, finding ruby for his friend, celio.
went at my.ember, defeat 2 team rocket grunt, password: goldeen... 2nd:????

went to the top of mt.ember and kill the hot pokemon, moltres, (i will not capture that pokemon knowing mew that can't catch) so what for them? sama story at zapdos and articuno, RIP :) and also at mewtwo!(kill is still ongoing)

now save the girl from berry forest from ghost,, the HYPNO!
just 1 tackle from my salamence, and dead!

now im at viridian's gym, still fighting at he's evil members, the cushers, the blackbelter and the cooltrainers!

pokemon:

salamence 78
charizard 59
venusaur 52
raichu 50
mewtwo 82
mr.mime 34

now back to my 8th gym!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Currently playing Fire Red and working on completing my Kanto Pokedex.

The only ones I'm missing (not counting evolutions) are Bulbasaur, Charmander, Bellsprout, Slowpoke, Hitmonlee, Chansey, Magmar, Tauros, Omanyte and Mew.

My friend's little brothers happen to play FR and LG, and fortunately they picked the starters I don't have (Bulba and Charmander) so in exchange for a couple of my high level Pokemon, I'm going to ask them if I can borrow and breed their Venusaur and Charizard (and Omanyte, if one of them has the Helix Fossil), and then get Bellsprout, Slowpoke and Magmar from their Leaf Green.

At the moment, I'm looking for Chansey and Tauros in the Safari Zone.After that, I'm going to get to work evolving the Tyrogue I have in my box. But something tells me I'm going to be stuck at the Safari Zone for a while... -__-;

EDIT: finally caught Chansey, now it's on to Tauros!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
My team has gotten much more experienced, even adding TWO new members to it. As I forwarded down the road to Victory, I managed to beat the first Gym Leader Brock, the Rock trainer. With a Karate Chop from Mankey and a Metal Claw from Charmander, Brock was down in a matter of a Minute. After that, I got my Running Shoes, then went and trained up my Charmander and Mankey, and my Charmander evolved into a Charmeleon, then I trained Mankey, and caught a Jigglypuff, a Little Pink Ball of Music. So all it could do is Sing, So I leeched off of my other Pokemon, and got it up some levels, so now I have a Wigglytuff! Oh yeah, and I bought a Magikarp off that Salesman in the PokeCenter on Route 4, that's about it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
i went at victory road, battling trainers, defeating them, and when i reached pokemon league, the girl block my way keep telling that "lorelei is absent!" oh ***t! why? i went at celio, giving me the rainbow pass for my ruby. i went at four island. go to ice cave, picked up the HM waterfall, putted to my gyrados. saw lorelei with team rockets. defeating team rocket with lorelei. and switching off my psp..

team:

charizard: 63
venusaur: 55
salamence: 84
mewtwo: 82
raichu: 50
gyarados: 41 (almost 1 day at day care magikarp level 13)

mr.mime: 34

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
RUBY : I just beat the 5th gym! Here's my team:

Grovyle - lvl 30
Gardevoir - lvl 30
Shiftry - lvl 31
Hariyama - lvl 32
Skarmory lvl 29
Saving the last spot for Glalie. =3

I also gave my pocket monsters nicknames!

GROVYLE - GreenDeath
GARDEVOIR - Au Revoir
SHIFTRY - Shifty
HARIYAMA -
SKARMORY - SteelBird

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Restarted my FireRed game a little while ago. Named myself Red and picked Charmander as my starter. I got done with the boring stuff, such as getting the parcel for Oak and being taught how to catch Pokemon by the old man.

I trained my Charmander up a few levels and then headed west of Viridian City to catch a Mankey. Headed through Viridian Forest, training both Charmander and Mankey along the way. Went back and battled my rival, Green, defeating him with ease. After that I travelled to Pewter City and took on Brock, whom I also defeated with ease. Thanks to Mankey.

I got the running shoes off of Oak's aide and then saved the game just outside Pewter City, on my way to Mt. Moon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
LF:

after a week, i finish the game! first time of my LF history! :)
now catching time and exp share mode! my gba A-button has a late reaction :(

team:

Charizard: 84
Mewtwo: 91
Salamence: 100
Venusaur: 68
Raichu: 53
Gyarados: 49

Mr.mime: 40

national dex

seen: 211
caught: 72

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
Currently, I'm training a Pikachu I caught earlier today. It's already at level 50. In my free time, using Snorlax's Covet, I'm trying to find a Light Ball in the Power Plant.

My current team is:

Lv50 Pikachu
Lv72 Arcanine
Lv72 Dragonite
Lv83 Tyranitar
Lv51 Snorlax
Lv48 Meowth (for Pickup)

Current Kanto Pokedex completion:
148 seen
136 own

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
I've migrated essentialy every pokemon I had on my emerald, so I thought to myself "why not?"
And so, I restarted Emerald and chose Mudkip.

I beat May, got the pokeballs, and caught a Tailow.
Currently on Route 104.

Current Team
Mudkip lv.7
Tailow lv.5

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Restarted my Emerald version yesterday. Got a Treecko and currently am in Petalburg City.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
I just started on my fire red and I currently have a mankey and a charmander.
I got a bit of bad luck as well.
You all know the man who teaches you how to catch a pokemon.
Well the weedle that appeared was a shiny.
I was so pissed off that I couldn't catch it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
So I finally beat the E4 in Emerald, using a mostly underpowered and disavantaged team:

Lv45 Pidgeot (traded) - Fly/Featherdance/Wing Attack/Quick Attack
Lv56 Tyranitar (traded) - Brick Break/Dragon Claw/Rock Slide/Crunch
Lv58 Typhlosion (traded as an egg) - Strength/Sunny Day/SmokeScreen/Flame Wheel
Lv50 Blaziken - Rock Smash/Cut/Double Kick/Blaze Kick
Lv46 Sharpedo - Surf/Waterfall/Ice Beam/Crunch
Lv46 Shiftry - Flash/Sunny Day/Faint Attack/Solarbeam

Obviously not the most varied team in terms of type (3 dark types and two fire types) and mediocre movesets, too. Tyranitar was the only one of the group I actually took the time to train and teach decent moves, because the previous Pokemon on that team, Golem, was relatively weak.

As a consequence of my impatience, instead of bothering to level up my weaker Pokemon like Shiftry and Sharpedo, my strategy for the E4 was, for the most part, to sell all my expensive items and spend all my money on Revives, Full Restores and Hyper Potions (I bought about 200 of each) and keep reviving/restoring my Pokemon until my opponents' super-effective moves ran out of PP.

Kind of a cheap way to beat the E4, but now I can focus on catching more Johto Pokemon like Houndour and Teddiursa that I couldn't get in Sapphire or FireRed, not to mention go and check out the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2011
Riley Hayes' FireRed Adventure
Entry One:

Note:The purpose of this playthrough is to complete the Kanto Dex to the maximum ability possible in order to have a completed version when Pokemon Black and White is released.

- Started new game
- Named self Riley; picked boy sprite because I like the design more
- Picked Squirtle; male, nn'd Trident (I use the other two starters too much)
- Beat Devon (rival)
- Got Pokedex
- Caught a Pidgey for Dex
- Caught a Mankey; female, nn'd Champ (haven't used a Mankey before)
- Beat Devon's Pidgey and Charmander
- Got through Viridian Forest (caught Weedle, Kakuna, Caterpie, Metapod for Dex)
- Beat Brock easily
- Heading out on Route 3

TEAM:
Spr_3f_007.png

Trident/Squirtle
Male/lvl. 14
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Withdraw
- Water Gun

Spr_3f_056.png

Champ/Squirtle
Female/lvl. 13
- Scratch
- Leer
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop

PokeDex: Seen: 11 / Owned: 7

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
Playing Emerald. My Gardevoir, Karen, is like a goddess. Titanic Special Attack and Defence. Throw a couple of Calm Minds in and there's not much she can't wallop.

In other news, I find myself vexed with a certain Frontier Brain who shall remain nameless, but rhymes with Bike Green Moosey. We were each down to our last Pokemon. Gardevoir versus Milotic. Gardevoir used Thunderbolt, taking Milotic down to almost nothing.

Milotic used Mirror Coat.

Cue a lot of naughty words.

Years
Playing Emerald. My Gardevoir, Karen, is like a goddess. Titanic Special Attack and Defence. Throw a couple of Calm Minds in and there's not much she can't wallop.

In other news, I find myself vexed with a certain Frontier Brain who shall remain nameless, but rhymes with Bike Green Moosey. We were each down to our last Pokemon. Gardevoir versus Milotic. Gardevoir used Thunderbolt, taking Milotic down to almost nothing.

Milotic used Mirror Coat.

Cue a lot of naughty words.

^Lol, that sucks. I remember getting owned by her shuckle...:(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Beat Liza and Tate with Swampert and Manectric, Linoone also helped.
Got the scanner and chose the Deepseatooth.
Currently on Marine Cave.

Current team
Swampert lv,45
Swellow lv.40
Linoone lv.40
Breloom lv.40
Hariyama lv.40
Manectric lv.40

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
So....not a big update.....

I suck a bit compared to Blue having 40 pokemon at Vermilion City, however.....

...I've aimed to, whilst doing a runthrough on LeafGreen using the pokemon of Red out of PokeSpec, to also get the most complete pokedex possible in LeafGreen alone, without trades,events, etc.

But only Kanto pokemon, now, thanks to Sydian, I know my progress:

Seen: 48
Caught: 36
To Catch: 132

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
Years
Stuck in Mauville against that pesky but well named third gym leader Wattson, and just noticed the fact that my team poses a serious flaw against electric types.Yeah, sure my Marshtomp cant be touched by electricity, but on the other hand it has no good moves against them.

Current Team

Marshtomp-lvl 26
Swellow-lvl 23
Beautifly-lvl 22

Thinking of capturing a ghost type, so probably going to wait for MT Pyre to get a Duskull as my fourth pokemon, or may just capture a Rock type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back