• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the best! of FLAME CLAW... 2009!

Flame Claw

Flaminator
Years
So, as this is a new year, I thought I should leave a round up of the best of 2009's fakes.

Raichu: So, I know there are a few mistakes on this, and it's Metal type. For fun.

Heracross:
With this card, I thought that since Fire types seem to be the most powerful cards, having a weakness to fire with 60 HP would kill the thing, so I put in a low-energy attack to try and fight off fire types in peticular.

Holon's Weavile: *Find Porygon2* - the art on this was drawn by Aki the Tanuki and is pretty awesome imo. Back in the EX days Extra Swipe would be a useful thing to have.

MissingNo. delta: *Find Porygon2* - a little bit of a controversial one. I decided to fully go away with the typical water gun stuff and pressure on it being delta.

Sceptile 4: *Find Porygon2* This was first SP card, and my first go at Latios101's legendary EON blanks. Ignore the Dragonforce reference :) I don't honestly know why Lance would have a Sceptile, but clearly he does now. I guess it's a bit Dragony.

Miror B.'s Ludicolo: *Find Porygon2* - Cipher FTW

Scizor FC: Heavily based off Base Set Scyther. I quite like this one :)

Mewtworoll: Awesome art by JSpengs. I wanted to Rickroll everyone in some way!

Dragonair: Pretty mediocre artwork, Power Frontier could kill off a lot of decks.

Darkrai Lv. X: *Find Porygon2* - My first EON Level X. There's an extra bar though xD

Suicune: Epic artwork by Xous :) I based this card on the rarer cards in some sets which have the Sugimori art and cool but basic attacks. If you play the TCG, you know what I mean. This came out alright in my opinion.

Quilava FC: *Find Porygon2* - Done mainly because Hardy asked me to :)

Shining Latios: This is based on the shining Pokémon in the Neo series. I didn't want to stick to the (awful) DP style shining so I did something a little differently :)

Ice Lapras: Made with Aki & Parson's EMPOWERED blank. I can see Transport being very useful in game... I know about the typo ;)

Chimecho: A remake of the Ex Emerald Chimecho... with a suprise.

Articuno:First card of the community PokéDex project. I kinda like it more now than I did then.

Zapdos LEGEND:Heavily inspired by the almighty Fangking's Articuno. This took absolutely ages and has errors in everywhere possible.

Slowbro + Slowking: Two cards that are for the dex. These work together well. Originally I was going to fix the retreat cost on Slowbro, but now it's so funny I wouldn't.

Slowpoke: My own blank! Just used for experimental purposes.

Giovanni's Lugia: Gym card :) Elemental too.

Metagross*: Some more Xous art which I really like.

Rocket's Zangoose ex: Back in the TRR days this would have been a killer. It was a nightmare working around that R sign.

Celebi/serebii: Accuracy undetermined.

Giant Psyduck: There's a not-so-subtle message in this XD

Porygon: I think the art is pretty good on this :>

Majestic Regice
: *Find Porygon2* - This was an attempt at a new mechanic on Latios101's blank.

Kyogre FC: Artwork by Xous. As pointed out by PMJ, this would be awesome with Mantine from Mysterious Treasures.

It's been a great return to faking this year, the scene has certainly changed since I was faking back in '06. We've got several new guys in the 'industry' and the verterans are still going strong. I look forward to what 2010 will show. Good luck everyone!

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
Years
Lots of official art, some really interesting new art, and some less interesting (and far less aesthetically appearing) new art. Considering the new cards that they come out with, these are all very balanced, which is nice to see when people make there own cards. But then again, if Pokemon USA was to pay any attention to the kinds of cards WotC released, I might still be buying packs.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Some pretty good work. Like Hal said, lots are offical art. But still great.
And I have the Ice Laparas's Offical Art's Card :D It was from an old old water deck.
Keep up the good work this year.

Back