• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bleach Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I thought that OM was the highest quality. Oh well. Thanks for telling me though :D

Well technically OM never actually "scanlated" anything. Their manga was by various groups.

The speed scans you saw go up on Friday were by Sleepy Fans, which are LQ scans. Then the were often replaced by Ju-Ni scans, which are (arguably) comprable to Binktopia scans in quality. (Mangastream has Binktopia scans)

If you look at a Sleepy Fans scanlation and a Binktopia scanlation, it should be clear that Binktopia has better quality, and more work put into it.

IMO, Binktopia scanlations are better quality than Ju-Ni, but Ju-Ni doesn't have giant watermarks, so that's one of their perks.

I still think Binktopia scanlations are best though, because they're much faster than anything else, and they're also very high quality. The one thing I like a lot better about Ju-Ni releases is that they have more accurate translations IMO. (I don't actually mind the watermarks since they're kinda transparent anyway.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Well technically OM never actually "scanlated" anything. Their manga was by various groups.

The speed scans you saw go up on Friday were by Sleepy Fans, which are LQ scans. Then the were often replaced by Ju-Ni scans, which are (arguably) comprable to Binktopia scans in quality. (Mangastream has Binktopia scans)

If you look at a Sleepy Fans scanlation and a Binktopia scanlation, it should be clear that Binktopia has better quality, and more work put into it.

IMO, Binktopia scanlations are better quality than Ju-Ni, but Ju-Ni doesn't have giant watermarks, so that's one of their perks.

I still think Binktopia scanlations are best though, because they're much faster than anything else, and they're also very high quality. The one thing I like a lot better about Ju-Ni releases is that they have more accurate translations IMO. (I don't actually mind the watermarks since they're kinda transparent anyway.)
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying :D

Anyways, I'm going to watch the Bleach episode now :D

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Anime 283
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Spoiler:

Jung

Sica please.
Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Still she could have been useful D:

And is it Halibel or Harribel? I've heard both ways :3

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Not too sure about the spelling... I've seen it both ways too. I've seen a lot of names spelled differently...

I'm kinda angry that there's no Bleach manga this week... (Along with the rest of the WSJ manga...) But I guess the mangaka need breaks every now and then too. XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
I believe Kubo/the Japanese version uses "Harribel" but the official dubs use "Hallibel".
Personally, I like using Hallibel, because... Well, it sounds more feminine imo XD. Idk, I just prefer the Ls.

I'm kinda angry that there's no Bleach manga this week... (Along with the rest of the WSJ manga...) But I guess the mangaka need breaks every now and then too. XD
Yeah, that's a shame... Though I think it's Shonen Jump themselves that are taking the break, no? I refuse to believe that the mangakas haven't already written, like, 50 chapters into the future.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Ahh my summer is "over" on the Third of September. First day of SENIOR YEAR. XD

I'm sure the mangakas didn't write that far, but they probably planned fairly far in advance. XD

Seriously, you learn a LOT about the manga industry (especially WSJ) from Bakuman. Read it, I recommend it... It's where I get all my inside info on the industry. XD That and my friend who goes by the username "Access Time" - I added him to a convo on MSN once but he didnt really say much. XD

When you say Kubo uses a certain spelling, you mean in actual Romaji?? Please provide a pic if possible - I'm really quite curious.

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Yes everyone read Bakuman now, it's such a great manga. But anywho it does suck that there is no SJ this week. I was looking forward to hopefully seeing some Ichigo fighting Zangetsu.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
No manga this week D:
This is my last week of summer! D:
D8
I still have... 3 weeks, woo.
I'm sure the mangakas didn't write that far, but they probably planned fairly far in advance. XD
Exaggeration.
Seriously, you learn a LOT about the manga industry (especially WSJ) from Bakuman. Read it, I recommend it... It's where I get all my inside info on the industry. XD That and my friend who goes by the username "Access Time" - I added him to a convo on MSN once but he didnt really say much. XD
I'll read it after I get uptodate with OP.

When you say Kubo uses a certain spelling, you mean in actual Romaji?? Please provide a pic if possible - I'm really quite curious.
I think so, yeah. Let me try and find the page... Spoiler for here release form:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I've never read Bakuman, and I don't think I'll plan to. D:
Schools starting next week so only Naruto, Bleach and Rosario+Vampire if the third season comes out.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Never really got into R+V.

That pic from the manga is WIN. XD IN YOUR FACE, VIZ!!! XD

I'm lookin' forward to Ichigo vs Zangetsu too. XD

Oh, did anyone else see the interview with Ichigo's seiyuu? It's on CR. ...This is why I am buying all the manga and I have an anime membership on CR. XD

Anime:
Spoiler:

And just one more thing - even if you don't plan to read Bakuman I suggest you watch the anime. It's coming out this fall... So you'll probably learn a lot just from that... Just sayin'. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see it either xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
That pic from the manga is WIN. XD IN YOUR FACE, VIZ!!! XD
I'm guessing you prefer Harribel to Hallibel?

Spoiler:

Oh, did anyone else see the interview with Ichigo's seiyuu? It's on CR. ...This is why I am buying all the manga and I have an anime membership on CR. XD
I think he's had a few interviews... I've read one with him and Kubo together. Link to the one you're talking about, please?

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
replies in bold. im tired and too lazy to do otherwise.
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see it either xD
yeah thats what i meant. its easier to write just one word tho. XD
I'm guessing you prefer Harribel to Hallibel?
well i dont actually have a preference but i'm not a huge fan of viz's edits so... yeah.

Spoiler:

uhhhh ok... XD

I think he's had a few interviews... I've read one with him and Kubo together. Link to the one you're talking about, please?
it's on crunchyroll. just go to crunchyroll and look through the recent news. and you should be going to crunchyroll to see the eps anyway. that or another official streaming site. (vizanime, etc.)
Sorry ><
Whats a seiyuu by the way?
seiyuu is the japanese term for a voice actor or voice actress. when people compare american and japanese voice actors they tend to say va (voice actor/actress) vs seiyuu rather than typing "american voice actor vs japanese voice actor" ...its a good thing to know if youre into any anime. XD so yeah, seiyuu refers to the japanese voice actor.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
seiyuu is the japanese term for a voice actor or voice actress. when people compare american and japanese voice actors they tend to say va (voice actor/actress) vs seiyuu rather than typing "american voice actor vs japanese voice actor" ...its a good thing to know if youre into any anime. XD so yeah, seiyuu refers to the japanese voice actor.
Ohh thanks for clarifying :D

Anybody have any predictions on how many episodes there will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back