• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

Hear hear :P I almost typed 50 by accident.... fail.....

Watchog is terrible - he is the creature that nightmares are made of! *Evil laugh*. For so long I was calling him WatchDog instead of his actual name :L

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
48, what do you guys think of the newish mystery dungeon game (gates to infinity)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I personally loved it. But it seems to be one of those games in which people like to bash on it without even playing it because it doesn't look as great as the previous ones.

CliCliW

Years

I feel inclined to agree about the TDS - they really managed to perfect the controls and make it pretty user-friendly all things considered. Gates to Infinity would be cool but I don't know... graphics are just too........ big and cutesy for what I feel is a more serious game. Overall, I know Pokemon is mostly directed at little kiddies, but I still feel like PMD is the grown up game, and I'd like to see more grown up graphics... Y'know?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

What about sixth generation? The graphics, as far as I've seen, aren't too different from GtI's graphics. Different because different interface and how the game works but you still have kind of that cute charm in it.

Also moves like Silver Wind and such will never be friendly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

What I miss? :)

I played one game of PMD, and I gotta say. They're extremely fun. I definitely wanna try Gates of Infinity.

Years

I never played the PMD games, but I do like that my fave Pokemon is among the playable characters in Gates to Infinity. However, I'm that kind of person who only plays the main series.

CliCliW

Years
The Pikachu Race! Between Pikachu lovers and haters, like the gender race

What about sixth generation? The graphics, as far as I've seen, aren't too different from GtI's graphics. Different because different interface and how the game works but you still have kind of that cute charm in it.

Also moves like Silver Wind and such will never be friendly.

My first fear when I saw X and Y was how cutesy they looked because of how GtI was! I complained left right and centre about how juvenile I was afraid the game would be. I'm kind of over it for X and Y though.. I still prefer PMD older graphics :-P

Silver Wind! :( horrible move :-P especially cause it's ridiculously strong...

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
51, I don't buy non-mainseries games, but I did enjoy the game a bit.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

For me, the main problem of Gates to Infinity is the lack of Pokemon from the first four generations.

Years

Yeah. That was a legit opportunity, and they missed it. Say, how many Pokémon does the TDS trio have? I'd put my bets on about... four hundred ninety something?

Back