• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Hmm a Normal Type and a Grass Type joining in the fray for Battle#2. Don't know what level he will place you all at but with regards to Sunny Day, no one learns it naturally but Petilil(and at level 40, which won't be for awhile yet). Meaning unless we find it via TM, we won't be able to take advantage of it for a long time, if at all.

In any case, welcome aboard and feel free to comment regarding the ongoing battle. Going to be down to four enemies once Krakanos scratches Scraggy. Who knows, we may get lucky and KO the boss.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

In the Pokemon Games I have had more success with Chlorophyll Petilil line than Own Tempo Petilil line. Own Tempo is good for Petal Dance which Petilil only learns as a Lilligant.

I am guessing Chlorophyll in the Sun works like Double Time in Advance Wars but I might be wrong.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years

Imma go ahead and assume that no one is pyukumuku because those can't attack, but I'll hope for your sake that there is, cause that would be funny

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Imma go ahead and assume that no one is pyukumuku because those can't attack, but I'll hope for your sake that there is, cause that would be funny

Actually it wouldn't be funny, it'd be awesome. It's a support class plain and simple and knows Baton Pass, Helping Hand and so much more that if used shrewdly can have massive impact. You don't have to attack the enemy to yield significant impact on its outcome.

Midnight Umbreon

Years

Actually it wouldn't be funny, it'd be awesome. It's a support class plain and simple and knows Baton Pass, Helping Hand and so much more that if used shrewdly can have massive impact. You don't have to attack the enemy to yield significant impact on its outcome.
Fair enough

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Probably something... Desert y

Hmm possibly but I?m leaning towards something Marshy or way more water than ground, thereby making it treacherous for anyone without the Swim, Fly or Float movement ability. Namely if you lack those movement abilities, you won?t be able to go very far.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

Lilligant is my favourite Pokemon and Petilil is her unevolved form.

Petilil will help the team with Sleep Powder and Grass Type attacks. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Lilligant is my favourite Pokemon and Petilil is her unevolved form.

Petilil will help the team with Sleep Powder and Grass Type attacks. :)

Don't have too many Grass Types(I think our Rowlet is it) but regardless, one more team member is always worthwhile. Sleep Powder is nice but its accuracy has a nasty habit of not working when you want it to. In any case, if we find a Sunny Day TM, I'll be sure to use it since you'd have your speed boosted while having your Solar Beam powered up(and my Fire Attacks as well).

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Ohh, new members? <3 Can't wait till the next map to see how things go!

Speaking of which, I have a feeling the landscape might be more open to accommodate bigger teams. Perhaps the forest will open up into a field? You'll need to keep your wits about you in any case, because at least two fearsome enemies will be joining the fray! ;D

Unfortunately my activity here will be a bit slack until around the 16th, since only then will I be free from studies. :'(

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Ohh, new members? <3 Can't wait till the next map to see how things go!

Speaking of which, I have a feeling the landscape might be more open to accommodate bigger teams. Perhaps the forest will open up into a field? You'll need to keep your wits about you in any case, because at least two fearsome enemies will be joining the fray! ;D

Unfortunately my activity here will be a bit slack until around the 16th, since only then will I be free from studies. :'(

At the rate we're going, we won't be done with Battle#1 until like the 10th or this Friday. That'll allow you to participate in Round 1 of Battle#2 and the tail end of Round 2 when you get off school. In any case, we nearly KO'd the boss but my estimates were off. I thought Razor Leaf would do just a bit more and same deal with Pluck. If they did the bare minimum of 20 and 40 I had estimated... Lombre would be KO'd. Now Cuddles has to finish it off with a 90% Rollout attack(hence it can miss).

Midnight Umbreon

Years
I would kinda be great if it was a swamp, and decreased movement of every th ing that couldn't swim or fly by 4

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I would kinda be great if it was a swamp, and decreased movement of every th ing that couldn't swim or fly by 4

The idea of reducing movement sounds good in theory but some moves do that already(Curse, Ice attacks, etc.). Besides, Petilil is going to be OP when Sunny Day is going(double movement).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

Petilil in the sun will have her movement greatly increased. Also the move Growth which Petilil learns at Level 4 boosts Special Attack by 2 stages in the sun.

However Petilil has a very small movepool and her best attack is likely to be Mega Drain or Magical Leaf. However both will pack a punch if boosted.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Petilil in the sun will have her movement greatly increased. Also the move Growth which Petilil learns at Level 4 boosts Special Attack by 2 stages in the sun.

However Petilil has a very small movepool and her best attack is likely to be Mega Drain or Magical Leaf. However both will pack a punch if boosted.

AFAIK, the only moves to be boosted in sunlight provided by Sunny Day are Fire Type moves while subsequently reducing Water Type moves(hence exact opposite effect of Rain Dance). Considering we have two Water Types on our team, I'm reluctant to use such a move, although Coral seems best when rolling like a bowling ball and Cuddles used Water Gun a few times but otherwise was a nice solid whale who can also rollout(just not dish out as much damage thanks to Coral's ability and move Defense Curl). Solar Beam is boosted during Sunny Day but Petilil doesn't learn it naturally. However, its Synthesis move(which you may start with) is boosted during intense Sunlight. Plus any Pokemon with Morning Sun and Moonlight moves also recover more HP.

Curious if Z-Crystals and/or Mega Evolutions will be added into the equation... ROFLMAO

Back