• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
the ROM should be in the same folder where the program RS Ball is... ;)

Oh....thank you very much. I guess that concludes my barrage of questions (for now)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, is there a way to edit PokeDex entries? I'm not so sure that Vergil will really fit the whole concept of an Embrace Pokemon...

Last edited:
Years
Oh....thank you very much. I guess that concludes my barrage of questions (for now)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, is there a way to edit PokeDex entries? I'm not so sure that Vergil will really fit the whole concept of an Embrace Pokemon...

The only thing you can edit with PokeDex entries is the text written about the Pokemon as far as i know, although there might be ways to edit the height and weight..actually pretty simple that you think about it.. Just search it in a hex editor. Search the text of the Pokemon you want to edit and near it, it should have the data for its height and weight. Or an alternative to edit the text there is to use Poketext.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
The only thing you can edit with PokeDex entries is the text written about the Pokemon as far as i know, although there might be ways to edit the height and weight..actually pretty simple that you think about it.. Just search it in a hex editor. Search the text of the Pokemon you want to edit and near it, it should have the data for its height and weight. Or an alternative to edit the text there is to use Poketext.

Oy, the dreaded S-word. Thank you.

Years
I hane some questions that I need answered,including:

1.How are you supposed to put your rom in Elite map? I want to use PET.

2.How do you insert new tilesets,like for Pokemon Fire Red?

...okay..here are your answers... but i will respond how you question.

1. Yu is ment tah get teh pikachoos and load them in elite maps. Then you gets the PETs and somehow use PET to put the ROM in elite maps. I are not noob, i dunno propper engwish.

2. Okay, considering this was understandable, i will give you an understandable answer:
2 answers to this:
1.Look in the Documents tutorial
2. I'll look for you and give you a link so here you are:
By Don Patch, best one i reckon:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79825

You can re-ask your first question in english please.

Years
Has anyone got pointer the offset to Bulbasaur's Cry? I need this for something I have planned.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean for the pokecry command? Or do you mean the actual pokemon's cry stored in game that you want to change for some reason?

Years
Oh right, in that case i have no idea..
I was about to say, as if you didnt know how to do a pokecry XD
Well have you tried contacting an ASM hacker for some help on that? Im sure that really isnt a simple question :P

Years
Oh for my first question i'll say it again.What I meant to say was:

To get PET the Pokemon trainer editing program to work I need to use RSBall,but ot get RSBall towork
I need to put my rom in Elite map but I don't know how.

Does anyone Know how to put your rom in Elite map.(The link above the Advance map in Whack a Hack in the Tools section.)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Oh for my first question i'll say it again.What I meant to say was:

To get PET the Pokemon trainer editing program to work I need to use RSBall,but ot get RSBall towork
I need to put my rom in Elite map but I don't know how.

Does anyone Know how to put your rom in Elite map.(The link above the Advance map in Whack a Hack in the Tools section.)

save elite map to your documents.
Copy your ROM and place it in elite map folder.
Then, use RS ball.

Years
I have some other questions too:

1.How do you change the title screen
so it has something different?

2.How does scripting work anyways?

3.When I get done editing trainers and their Pokemon in PET
I click save and then
it says run time error
,and it closes it,can anyone help me with
this please.

4.The same thing happens when I chge a Pokemon's stats in
Pokemon Amplifier,after i click save it says run time error and then it closes.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I have some other questions too:

1.How do you change the title screen
so it has something different?
There is a guide in the documents/tutorials section
2.How does scripting work anyways?
well, you type certain words, and burn them into the game, thats how it works, try looking at some guides to help you
3.When I get done editing trainers and their Pokemon in PET
I click save and then
it says run time error
,and it closes it,can anyone help me with
this please.
Did you dump the pictures using RS ball?
4.The same thing happens when I chge a Pokemon's stats in
Pokemon Amplifier,after i click save it says run time error and then it closes.
i don't know why this would happen...try using pokemon editor beta in the toolbox

I answered in bold...hope i helped!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I understand 1,2.and,4 in bold,they helped.

As for 3,Yes I did dump the pokemon and trainers and when I'm done editing thr trainer and Pokemon I then click save,and then it says Run time error 76.

That's what I meant by number 3.

Hmm...are you using Fire red or Ruby? I'm pretty sure the one that works for Fire red is in elite map, while the alone one only works for Ruby.
I'm not sure though, i've never had that problem.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I am having problems scripting my ruby version with advance text because it continously glitches my game and now any one playing can't go any farther than the boy telling you not to go in the grass T-T
Is there a tutorial for hex workshop with ruby here or a hex editor that can be translated to english and to decimal form so I can script? any tutorials for hex editing ruby/sapphire for that matter at all?

Also have one more question! How do I make a game banner like the one in my sig to get support? anyone has a link or site?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I am having problems scripting my ruby version with advance text because it continously glitches my game and now any one playing can't go any farther than the boy telling you not to go in the grass T-T
Is there a tutorial for hex workshop with ruby here or a hex editor that can be translated to english and to decimal form so I can script? any tutorials for hex editing ruby/sapphire for that matter at all?

Also have one more question! How do I make a game banner like the one in my sig to get support? anyone has a link or site?

1. You should script the text instead of using Advancetext
2. You have to make with a program like Photoshop, or a program made by Amitysource called UserbarMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back