• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
'Anything is Possible with Acanthite!'

Im thinking of Slogans already...lol...

~Jack~

Back In Business
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2007
this game is going to awsome
it looks amazing
Keep it up!!!!!

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well looks like you all have been busy. I'm very impressed with everything and can't wait for the release :D.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
I Made ths Little Beuty.

Sympholy, an Acanthite Pokemon, In Overworld Form, and Animated!

animwq8.gif

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
Hey FANG!!

Still looking great.. the clock looks sweet.. the weather checker is a great idea.. the battle looks amazing too man.. good job..

just want to p[oint out tho that one of the attacks that were mentione don the first page in the quote already exists..
New attacks and items are annoying…

that's why Pokémaniac is around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémaniac

Refresh
Normal
Power:--
Accuracy: --
PP: 10
Refills each of that Pokemon's PP entirely.(Excludes Refresh itself.)

Flying Bomb...

Refresh is an attack thats been around for (i think) since the gs gen and it removes status ailments.. I could come up with acouple names a replacement tho: Recuperate or Energize maybe.. thats all i can think of.. its 1am where i am

cant wait to see more.. good luck man

btw, you still looking for me? Im only alittle less Majin at PC, lol

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
hey. yeh i agree, i thought it was a move but i wasnt tottaly sure. i am still thinking if it is. hmmmmmm... breeding would be hard. i rekon you should switch to sphere, cuz thats the best game making engine.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
That move's actually being dropped - it's way too good - so it doesn't matter anyways :D

Refresh came about in RSE :P

I'm not switching to sphere because I don't have a clue how to use it XD
RMXP I'm very familiar with. And when it comes to RGSS, if you know it (or have someone around who DOES know it) it becomes possible to do anything you need. All my resources, maps, events, scripts etc are in RMXP format and I'm too lazy to convert everything over to a program that I have no idea about.

In other news, considering a potential Leafly replacement (I like Leafly but this is better). Designed by the magnificent ShiShiKo, whose art and design is absolutely amazing. She may as well be the real Ken Sugimori and I wouldn't know the difference!

birdes2.jpg

Sprites coming along as well as ever. Minorthreat0987 joins the spriting crew with some EXCELLENT overworld sprites and the rest of the spriting and graphics team continue to excel. I've recently taken advantage of the efforts of Whitey Pokemon God and Mateo as they combine to create brand new custom graphics and I have poured them into the brand new look Mezereon City.

In the statistics department, I welcome Kholdstaire, and experienced battler who is helping come up with the stat spreads and movelists. Genius ;)

All is going very well in the Acanthite camp :D

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Woah! Fangking. I said on MSN that she had talent.

Meanwhile Minorthreat is doing superbly Helping Me with Those Overworlds. They are so Awesome its like... We have a Better team that Nintendo.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
NEW Mezereon... It's becoming an industrial sort of town. It is polluted... but very commercial

mezereonfd3.png

Waiting for the Town Hall for filling that big empty slot.

Credit for the white building in its original form goes to Pokémon Garden

Last edited:

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
Years
Wow this game keeps getting better and better.

Which version of RXMP will you need to play this?

Years
I really like this screen especially the big white building with the pokeballs on it. Keep it up.

zidanes

Greatest Of All Time
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
Dawg you got skills. Keep up the good work. Btw, if I wanna play an RMXP game, do i just donload RMXP without paying for the license?

aKaDeMiKs

Kiss my pixels
Years
Nice, nice! :D

In the industrial town you should add a floating brown smog over it lol would be funny and atmospheric. That bird Pokémon reminds me of Moltres/Ho-oh but none the less amazing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well that grass/flying pokemon was designed to be a legendary bird, so that's probably it.

I love the art.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Why don't you way the white building is from PokéGarden..
Not everyone knows where it's from.. and you need to give credit (Sorry when you are doing this)

Something about this city I really dislike.. and that's just that there are THAT MUCH buildings.. I just don't like that on a Pokémon map..
Maybe in-game it would be 'cooler'

aKaDeMiKs

Kiss my pixels
Years
:S More buildings the better - more people to talk to and places to explore plus he said it's a commercial town so you can only expect many buildings or are toy talking about the houses? The map looks fine anyway.

What's the 'Revised' thread all about?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Credit to the Pokémon Garden now given underneath :)

It does work better actually IN game. The full map can look a bit cluttered. But yes, it's meant to be huge.

The "revised" thread was started about a year ago. I took a LOOOONG time between updating, so I decided it'd be best to start a fresh thread, as the "Revised" thread was packed with idiotic n00bs and idiotic questions. An idiotic n00b decided it would be fun to ask an idiotic question, so that's why it's ended up on the front page again. It will be locked soon I hope.

And yeah, there already is a touch of smog around the city when in game :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back