• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
This is really awesome, and even though I'm in Viridian I can tell already that there's been a lot of polish put into this project.

One other thing that I really give you kudos for is making something that really bugs me about BW in general, the 50 power Tackle, generally managable in the earlygame. Purrloin is never at a disadvantage for knowing Scratch due to the Aerial Ace TM.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I'm not sure if this was reported, but there seems to be a bug with the new cries and Growl. Every now and then the Growl "voice" glitches up, and you hear some odd, high pitched sounds before the cry.

EDIT: Also I ran into a text overflow, right here.
u1NnSBp.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2020
Found a small text bug. When opponent uses Sticky Web, the text says "Foe (pokemon) is affected..." but the slow animation still shows properly on your team.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
So, are there any working IV and EV Gameshark or AR codes? I'm one of those people who likes to play through the game with ideal Pokémon.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I'm not sure if this was reported, but there seems to be a bug with the new cries and Growl. Every now and then the Growl "voice" glitches up, and you hear some odd, high pitched sounds before the cry.

EDIT: Also I ran into a text overflow, right here.
u1NnSBp.png

Found a small text bug. When opponent uses Sticky Web, the text says "Foe (pokemon) is affected..." but the slow animation still shows properly on your team.

the game freeze if you have reckless ability + recoil move and you use on enemy with ability aftermath

Hi i reaaly love ur game- what a fantastic hack.
And i found a bug(maybe) I battled kyurem with bisharp(my bisharp ability is defiant) in unknown dungeon.Kyurem has icy wind and scary face right?It reduced my bisharp speed and activated defiant abi.until the third time defiant actived the game crashed.i tried like 10+ time and the gam still crashed so ->-> when active defiant abi 3 time the game crash?!! (Sorry for my bad english i am vietnamese

Thank you all for the reports! I'll look into these issues to hopefully have them fixed in the next update! :)

Hey, I love your game. I especially love that the VS Seeker is instant. I was asking around on how to do that in one of my FR hacks, but the one alternative was pretty lengthy and a bit complicated. Would you mind showing me what you did?

PM me if you are still interested. :)

So, are there any working IV and EV Gameshark or AR codes? I'm one of those people who likes to play through the game with ideal Pokémon.

There are two different items that tell you the IVs and EVs of your Pokemon. The two items are the IV checker (0x71) and the EV checker (0x72). You might be able to hack in these items into your inventory if nothing else works. In addition, the status screen shows a star next to a Pokemon's stat if the IV for the particular stat is very good.

Hey, dont know why, but after patching the firered rom, the image crashes in NO$GBA and fails to load in Desmume. Do you know why?

Odd, no clue why I wouldn't work on other emulators. The emulator I use is VBA; if it does not work on VBA, the issue might be with the patching.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2020
A few more minor issues:

Freeze Dry is a bit buggy on dual type water pokemon (should be super effective against water types but it doesnt register properly ex Skrelp and Volcanion; damage done and text says "not very effective"). Also, the description is that of a draining attack (Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain).

Gogoat should be able to learn Surf but is unable to.

Unburden ability activates but does not show the increase speed animation on the pokemon. Minor issue.

Trying to heal your pokemon with nurse Joy in Rush tower causes the game to crash. Text slowly lags, then the screen flickers blue-black, then the game and emulator hangs. Not really game breaking since you can heal elsewhere.

Recoil moves seem to do a bit more damage to the user than usual? Should be 10% for Flare Blitz and Wild Charge but seems to do 30%, whereas Head Smash should do 50% to the user but only does 30%. Might be a consistency thing, and if is the case just disregard this.

Would appreciate a list of moves the move tutor in Rush Tower teaches since she does notnshow you if you dot have enough BP (how much is enough?).

MAJOR ISSUE: Quite difficult to explain so I'll explain the scenario instead:

Fighting Dojo Master fight

DM: *sends out Sawk*
Me: *sends out Serperior* *uses Aerial Ace*, Sawk down to 50% HP
Sawk uses Brick Break, Serperior down to 30% (not full health to begin with)
Serperior uses Aerial Ace, 10% HP remain.
Sawk uses Brick Break, KO Serperior.
Me: *sends out Mincinno*
Sawk, uses Brick Break, KO Mincinno (surprised he was faster lol)
Me: *sends out Pyroar* *uses Lava Plume* Sawk KO
DM: *sends out Throh*
Pyroar uses Charming Cry, Throh down to 65% HP.
Throah uses Bulk Up.
Pyroar uses Lava Plume, Throh down to 15% HP.

Here's the bug part:

Throh uses Circle Throw, KO's Pyroar, immediately sends out Drilbur lvl 10 without me choosing (Drilbur for HM). Game then asks me to select a pokemon to switch to EVEN IF DRILBUR WAS ALREADY SWITCHED IN AUTOMATICALLY. Since my entire team was wiped out and I had a Revive, I chose Drilbur, who was already out (I tried cancelling but the game wouldnt let me) to but time for a Revive. Drilbur is sent out again, but his sprite now bugged and so is his name. Game crashes.

Will edit this post to avoid multiple posting.

These are all so far. Sorry for the lack of screenshots.

Last edited:
Years
Hello, any update on all the locations for where you can find each Pokemon?
As the otaku plaza thread seem to be outdated? Been looking everywhere for certain Pokemon that do not show up at the locations they're listed on there
Thanks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
This is my favorite ROM hack. No unrealistically high number of Pokemon and a great number of features that really makes for a fresh take on FireRed. Well done!

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
A few more minor issues:

Freeze Dry is a bit buggy on dual type water pokemon (should be super effective against water types but it doesnt register properly ex Skrelp and Volcanion; damage done and text says "not very effective"). Also, the description is that of a draining attack (Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain).

Gogoat should be able to learn Surf but is unable to.

Unburden ability activates but does not show the increase speed animation on the pokemon. Minor issue.

Trying to heal your pokemon with nurse Joy in Rush tower causes the game to crash. Text slowly lags, then the screen flickers blue-black, then the game and emulator hangs. Not really game breaking since you can heal elsewhere.

Recoil moves seem to do a bit more damage to the user than usual? Should be 10% for Flare Blitz and Wild Charge but seems to do 30%, whereas Head Smash should do 50% to the user but only does 30%. Might be a consistency thing, and if is the case just disregard this.

Would appreciate a list of moves the move tutor in Rush Tower teaches since she does notnshow you if you dot have enough BP (how much is enough?).

MAJOR ISSUE: Quite difficult to explain so I'll explain the scenario instead:

Fighting Dojo Master fight

DM: *sends out Sawk*
Me: *sends out Serperior* *uses Aerial Ace*, Sawk down to 50% HP
Sawk uses Brick Break, Serperior down to 30% (not full health to begin with)
Serperior uses Aerial Ace, 10% HP remain.
Sawk uses Brick Break, KO Serperior.
Me: *sends out Mincinno*
Sawk, uses Brick Break, KO Mincinno (surprised he was faster lol)
Me: *sends out Pyroar* *uses Lava Plume* Sawk KO
DM: *sends out Throh*
Pyroar uses Charming Cry, Throh down to 65% HP.
Throah uses Bulk Up.
Pyroar uses Lava Plume, Throh down to 15% HP.

Here's the bug part:

Throh uses Circle Throw, KO's Pyroar, immediately sends out Drilbur lvl 10 without me choosing (Drilbur for HM). Game then asks me to select a pokemon to switch to EVEN IF DRILBUR WAS ALREADY SWITCHED IN AUTOMATICALLY. Since my entire team was wiped out and I had a Revive, I chose Drilbur, who was already out (I tried cancelling but the game wouldnt let me) to but time for a Revive. Drilbur is sent out again, but his sprite now bugged and so is his name. Game crashes.

Will edit this post to avoid multiple posting.

These are all so far. Sorry for the lack of screenshots.

I appreciate the report! I'll definitely have to look into these issues! I'm surprised some of these issues passed :O

Hello, any update on all the locations for where you can find each Pokemon?
As the otaku plaza thread seem to be outdated? Been looking everywhere for certain Pokemon that do not show up at the locations they're listed on there
Thanks

Should still be mostly accurate, but I might have to look at it again. Which Pokemon are you looking for?

Years
can u remove reckless being hit by aftermath cause its annoying everytime im using emboar and i fight pokes with aftermath abilities i got hang

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Is the Genesect in Cerulean Cave meant to be shiny or did I just get extremely lucky? Also how can I get Espeon and Umbreon since there's no day and night cycle?

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Well, after god knows how long, I'm back after playing your hack, and I must ask, where can I get a thunderstone here? It's not being sold at the department store as much as I know, does it become purchasable later like the trade stone? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Okay I completed the 6th gym, now I have the Thunderstone. Everything is fine now.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I noticed that the link to the FAQ no longer works so I'll just copy and paste it here to this post. I also added a few more questions and answers to address a few of the inquiries I missed (apologies for answering so late!) and some others that I think would be very helpful to have:

FAQ

Difficulty modes:
Spoiler:

Order of events and boss levels:
Spoiler:

A more concise description of the difficulty modes:
Spoiler:

How do I change the difficulty?
Spoiler:

What's the best difficulty mode for Nuzlockes?
Spoiler:

Why is set mode in the difficulty rating system script? I can change it anytime.
Spoiler:

u ****ing dumb*** scrafty is not a dragon type so why does lance have it
Spoiler:

Items

Does this hack have all of the evolution stones the 5th/6th generation Pokemon use?
Spoiler:

Where did the fossil guy go?
Spoiler:

Where can I find the VS Seeker?
Spoiler:

What do the seeds do i.e. Life Seed?
Spoiler:

Area Access

Where is this so-called "Trick House"?
Spoiler:

When can I start the Sevii Islands quests?
Spoiler:

How do I go to Seven Island?
Spoiler:

How do I go to Rainbow Island?
Spoiler:

How do I solve the Altering Cave puzzle?
Spoiler:

How do I find the second Team Rocket warehouse password?
Spoiler:

Evolution

Where can I get the evolution stones?
Spoiler:

How do I evolve Pokemon that normally evolve through trade?
Spoiler:

Are the evolution levels the same?
Spoiler:

How do I evolve Eevee into its other forms besides the original three?
Spoiler:

Battle System

Why did X get a buff? It was already strong enough.
Spoiler:

Are all later generation abilities, moves, and battle items in?
Spoiler:

Does Aegislash have Stance Change?
Spoiler:

Does Archeops have Defeatist?
Spoiler:

Development

I found an error. This hack is so broken.
Spoiler:

Is this hack finished?
Spoiler:

Does this hack have all 5th and 6th generation Pokemon? Can I obtain them all?
Spoiler:

Are the 5th and 6th generation Pokemon added or do they replace Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Pokemon

Where can I get Tyrunt/Amaura?
Spoiler:

Where can I find Eevee?
Spoiler:

How can I get Floette's alternate form?
Spoiler:

Anyway to do something like a Wonderlocke?
Spoiler:

Legendary Pokemon hints
Spoiler:

What are the locations of the Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Moves

What are the move tutor locations?
Spoiler:

Why can't my Pokemon learn this move?
Spoiler:

Tirtouga can learn Ice Punch. What's logic?
Spoiler:

Got a suggestion for what I should have here? Let me know!

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Any chances for a future update that could expand the game and maybe add the Johto region and some Pokemon from Alola?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Any chances for a future update that could expand the game and maybe add the Johto region and some Pokemon from Alola?

I'm not so sure. I think the game is long enough as far as content goes, though I have been entertaining the thought of adding more postgame, like maybe one or two more islands with a difficult postgame dungeon in one of them. I've also had ideas for another weirder battle facility. These islands would have some of the more interesting Pokemon from the other generations, including Alola, since I have kind of exhausted the 5th and 6th generation Pokemon as far as strategies go.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Really wanted to ask as to which difficulty setting is good for Nuzlocking, the easy or the moderate level? Thank you!

I would go with "Normal" for trainer sets since I based the trainer sets in that mode off of the official games moreso than anything else. "Challenge" and "Omega", I reckon, would have too many unpleasant surprises for a nuzlocker. So yeah, the easy difficulty.

Last edited:
Back