• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What films/movies are you looking forward to in 2019?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
We have a thread for games you are looking forward to in the new year, it's time for one all about films/movies.

Again, here is a Wikipedia article with a list of everything that has been announced for 2019...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_in_film

For me...

Captain Marvel
Shazam!
Avengers: Endgame
Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
Aladdin
Men In Black: International
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Frozen 2

And for you?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Lion King, Detective Pikachu, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood & Star Wars Episode IX.

Might check out IT: Chapter Two and Joker.

Years
Detective Pikachu, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Star Wars IX, to be sure.

UPDATE:

I know that this is a films thread, but I am desperately anticipating the third season of Stranger Things and The Dark Crystal series. The Dork Side is a wonderful place to be.

Last edited:
Years
Looking forward to:

Frozen 2

Captain Marvel

Avengers

Star Wars

How to Train Your Dragon

Detective Pikachu

Spider-Man

Jumanji 3

Dreading:

Lion King

Aladdin

Dumbo

Sonic the Hedgehog

Years
Just found out about Artemis Fowl! Adding that to the list, no diddly doubt.

And Spider-Man: Far from Home. I'm gnawing on my hand for that one.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'm looking forward to Sonic the Hedgehog and Detective Pikachu, if only because of the backlash and memes they're both going to spawn. It's going to be hilarious.

I'm also looking forward to Avengers: Endgame so I have something to attack for being plagiaristic drivel, and Star Wars Episode IX because maybe after this one they'll finally leave it alone and stop making bad sequels to complement the bad prequels to the original trilogy.

I actually want to see How to Train Your Dragon 3.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
The Secret Life of Pets 2!!!!! I'm so hyped for this because I absolutely LOVED the first one!

Spoiler:

Here's a Chloe trailer for ya'll. <3

Oh yeah, and Frozen 2. Don't hate me Also, as much as I loathe Dora, that new movie looks like it might be really good! Just as long as it's not repetitive like the show.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I'm adding Hobbs & Shaw to the list. That trailer was bonkers.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
How to Train your Dragon 3: Never saw the first two in theaters despite the fact I knew they were really good. Animated series on Cartoon Network and later Netflix further cemented its place in the hierarchy of good franchises and this film has been in the making for awhile now. Hopefully they won't pull a Disney and give this franchise a proper ending(unlike Toy Story for Disney. Why did they have to make a 4th one... ugh).

Star Wars Episode IX: Lots of hate for Episode VIII, much of it unjustified in my eyes but maybe I'm not that picky of a fan. Curious if they'll give us anything close to Episode III or VI in terms of Space Battles(since that is what I personally enjoy the most). In any case, here's a toast to the Grey Jedi Rey. Would scream like a school girl if Ahsoka Tano made an appearance.

Aladdin: It won't be the same as it's animated counterpart because Robin Williams is one of a kind. Still will keep an open mind when seeing it later this year.

Dumbo: Curious to how much they'll sanitize this film. The animated feature had a lot of stereotypes and racist undertones and I want to see how true to the original they'll keep it or will they go PC/sanitize it in the hopes of not offending anyone.

Lion King: James Earl Jones reprising his role helps but I don't think anyone can duplicate Jeremy Irons' Scar. Not to be pessimistic but I think this film is going to flop. It has a lot going against it, including the nostalgia factor for its animated counterpart.

Avengers End Game: Never Saw Infinity War(Gasps****) because it's outcome was predictable. May see it prior to this coming out but the previews don't inspire me all that much.

Captain Marvel: The Original Captain Marvel was Male so it's no surprise that they'd go with the more modern and feminist inspired variant of this Marvel hero. Currently indifferent right now on whether to see it.

Frozen 2: Out of all movies slated to come out this year, none more than this will have higher expectations. I mean they could demonstrate how to create Gold out of Iron and they still would come up short. That's how high the bar is due to its predecessor. Original cast is making their respective returns but yeah that bar might be too much to overcome. Will see it because my nieces will be and if I don't... I'm going to pay for it later lol.

Guest123_x1

For one, I'm looking forward to seeing Toy Story 4. To be honest, I wasn't expecting another feature-length Toy Story film after the third film (2010), but it's my favorite Pixar franchise, by far.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Episode IX is pretty much the only 2019 movie consistently on my mind, so looking forward to that shitshow for sure.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
I had hoped RYan would be the male protagonist and the other one as Pikachu (Or someone else as the protagonist male helper of pikachu)

Looking forward

Next Marvel movies (Spider man 2 Far from home/ Avengers 2019 / Captain Marvel )

(I wish Venom 2 movie would come in 2019)

Jumanji ()()()()

Aladdin ? maybe ?

Lion king (I don't like the Graphic of Mowgli new movie i liked the original)

Maybe Alita: battle angel 2019 (feb 14)

GODZilla king of monsters

Child;s play (The horror Serial killer DOLL )

Maybe Sonic movie 2019.

Some Thrillers/Horror movies that contain stuff like Scream i would like to see.

Last edited:

Jacobliterator

Protector of Mr Saturns
Years
There's this upcoming animated film from Spain called Klaus that's really caught my interest. Toy Story 4 and the Detective Pikachu movie look quite good as well.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Avengers End Game: Never Saw Infinity War(Gasps****) because it's outcome was predictable.
Spoiler:

Back