• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Hello! Thank you very much for this hack, it's brilliant, simple and thanks to this I like to play HG again. Just one thing what I'm missing in this hack, is it possible to add fairy type? I know you write some time ago you don't know how, but is possible to take it from another hacks (like sacred heart...)? Because that would be awesome! I don't like things that in many hacks are (almost unbeatable, pokemon encounter randomizer, type chart total redone...) that's why I love your hack, you keep it simple, yet better :) and even better with fairy type :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello! Thank you very much for this hack, it's brilliant, simple and thanks to this I like to play HG again. Just one thing what I'm missing in this hack, is it possible to add fairy type? I know you write some time ago you don't know how, but is possible to take it from another hacks (like sacred heart...)? Because that would be awesome! I don't like things that in many hacks are (almost unbeatable, pokemon encounter randomizer, type chart total redone...) that's why I love your hack, you keep it simple, yet better :) and even better with fairy type :D

As I have stated before I will not be adding Fairy type since there would be no offensive moves. All fairy type moves prior to gen 6 are status moves such as Charm and Moonlight and Sweet Kiss. Until there is a way to make new moves and animations, I will NOT be adding the Fairy type.

And no i will no convert other moves to fairy-type to make up for the lack of offensive ones.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
I almost hate to ask, since I know this wasn't the intended purpose of your hack, which seems like you've put a lot of work into and done a lot of great things with. But, is there any way you could release a patch with just the visual changes, and not the mechanics changes? Primarily I like the "Kris" changes but the Pokemon sprite updates are neat too - I just want to play the game much closer to its original form.

Edit: When I say "visual" changes I'm including the decapitalization, even the name change in-game to "Kris" from "Lyra," and stuff like that, just not changes to, say, spawn location, movesets, and evolution mechanics.

There are some "Kris" patches available from other folks but they are either incomplete or I could not for the life of me get them to function. Your hack I've tested and it functions extremely well, and has the most visual appeal of any hack I've found. If it would be extremely difficult to separate those changes out from your others, I certainly wouldn't want you to go through all that trouble, but I just had to ask.

Basically, I will be playing the game alongside someone playing an unmodified version of it, and other than improving my visual experience while doing so, I want to have the "vanilla" experience.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I almost hate to ask, since I know this wasn't the intended purpose of your hack, which seems like you've put a lot of work into and done a lot of great things with. But, is there any way you could release a patch with just the visual changes, and not the mechanics changes? Primarily I like the "Kris" changes but the Pokemon sprite updates are neat too - I just want to play the game much closer to its original form.

Edit: When I say "visual" changes I'm including the decapitalization, even the name change in-game to "Kris" from "Lyra," and stuff like that, just not changes to, say, spawn location, movesets, and evolution mechanics.

There are some "Kris" patches available from other folks but they are either incomplete or I could not for the life of me get them to function. Your hack I've tested and it functions extremely well, and has the most visual appeal of any hack I've found. If it would be extremely difficult to separate those changes out from your others, I certainly wouldn't want you to go through all that trouble, but I just had to ask.

Basically, I will be playing the game alongside someone playing an unmodified version of it, and other than improving my visual experience while doing so, I want to have the "vanilla" experience.

Only because you asked so nicely: http://www.mediafire.com/?wf9dj3zd3a2d6hj

Be advised this file is made to your specifications, therefor I WILL NOT be updating this variant of the mod.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 6, 2019
:boogie::pink_boogie::boogie:

You have no idea how happy you have made me!

You are the best BlazingMagmar!

Years
One of the best hacks i have play so far i just have 1 little question is there a update patch of Kris sprites for heart gold and soul silver ?? I just wanted to use for randomize rom mayhem just for extra fun sorry for for my English. Keep up the great work BlazingMagmar. :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 1, 2018
This might just be the most promising HGSS "fix hack" IMHO. Can't wait to try it out!

Anyways, regarding reusable TMs, I suggest seeing if you can learn anything from this!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This might just be the most promising HGSS "fix hack" IMHO. Can't wait to try it out!

Anyways, regarding reusable TMs, I suggest seeing if you can learn anything from this!

Thank you, I am still very much interested in adding reusable TMs but without proper instructions from MeroMero, it will have to wait...:(

There is possible to catch HeartGold exclusives on SoulSiver Golden Edition?

Yes. Every version exclusive is available in both games

Years
  • Age 21
  • Online now
Zubat has Leech Life at level 0 instead of Absorb. Leech Life was updated on gen 7 so I think that you need to change it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Zubat has Leech Life at level 0 instead of Absorb. Leech Life was updated on gen 7 so I think that you need to change it.

Except Leech Life still has a base damage of 20 in my hack so no its fine as it is.
Remember gen 4 doesn't have as many attacks as gen 7 so I have to make compromises in some places.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Online now
Also it's possible to obtain Magnezone with an alternative method or its like the original?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 10, 2018
Hello BlazingMagmar!! ty for the amazing Hack rom :)
Sorry if I'm being inconvenient, but if it is not too hard and if you have some free time can you make a patch with everything(Level Curve too) but Cris, keeping lyra?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Years
One of the best HGSS hacks I've ever played! Got a shiny chikorita to start my journey last week, cant wait to see how much you changed the game

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Hi BlazingMagmar,

Brilliant work! I have spent 160~ hours and I'm really enjoying everything especially the level curve.

I have 2 quick questions:
1) This is my first time playing the HGSS series, so I don't want to spoil myself about the final fight with Red. After the level curve, what is the average level of Red's team?
2) I have always loved fishing for Feebas in gen3 and gen4 games because of the high difficulty and the high reward; the moments when Feebas show up are still so memorible after all these years. It saddens me that HGSS don't have Feebas at all. I'm wondering, since you have added items for trade evolve, if it wouold be possible to add availability for Feebas and Milotics as well?
I understand that you don't add random new pokemons to the Golden edition, however, I believe if the Feebas fishing mechanics are well designed, it would turn out to be as subtle as the a vanilla game feature, and can definitely be an appreciated change for many people. I don't have a great fishing spot in mind yet, but I'm always on the look out. Would you please consider that?

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Red has not been changed even in the level curve patch. I figured his team was high enough.

As for Feebas, I just cant do it. I want to keep the mod as close to the original as I can without introducing other gen pokemon into it.

If you really want Feebas just use something like PkHex to edit your savefile ;)

Back