• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Volcanion and Magearna

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Volcanion has been revealed December last year and recently we also learned about Magearna's existence. Neither of the Pokémon is available in the games yet. Do you think they will be part of the upcoming Sun and Moon versions or be added to the current generation games anywhere in the future?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Volcanion's already in the Gen 6 games (I think), so it should be available once the movie is out. I think Magearna will be in Sun/Moon, but they put it in the movie to hype the new games.

pkmin3033

I have this horrible feeling that both are going to be Event Legendaries. Volcanion, at least, will probably be available in the sixth gen titles as an Event Legendary after the movie comes out I expect. Magearna looks a lot like it'll be a Diancie-type thing: available early on during Sun and Moon's release as an Event, and then it'll be forgotten entirely after that.

Sirfetch’d

They are connected aren't they?(maybe I am remembering incorrectly) It could be some indication that the new games are tied to Kalos considering Volcanion is in XY and Magearna isn't appearing until the new ones.

Years
I think they'll end 6th Gen with Volcanion for the final mythical legendary distribution, and then maybe have Magearna as the first major distribution of 7th Gen.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I'm strongly feeling a connection between the two, but I can't pinpoint why. Nor can anyone else besides Game Freak and TPC really.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have this horrible feeling that both are going to be Event Legendaries. Volcanion, at least, will probably be available in the sixth gen titles as an Event Legendary after the movie comes out I expect. Magearna looks a lot like it'll be a Diancie-type thing: available early on during Sun and Moon's release as an Event, and then it'll be forgotten entirely after that.

It's pretty much confirmed that Volcanion will be event only. In the announcement it's referred to as a Mythical Pokémon, and that's GameFreak's jargon for event-exclusives.

I think we can be pretty confident that Magearna is a legendary (not necessarily an event-exclusive legendary though), since: A. it's the subject of a Pokémon movie, and B. I believe I recall it being referred to as a legendary Pokémon (伝説のポケモン) in the Corocoro leak--I'd have to check the article again to be 100% on that though.

I think that Magearna will be in Sun & Moon--maybe it'll be one of those limited edition Pokémon you get with via a code that comes packaged with the game around the time of the release (e.g. Mega Blaziken for X&Y). That'd make sense since the release of the games would probably roughly coincident with the release of the movie. Maybe you could get Magearna with one version, and Volcanion with the other? Just one of many possibilities though, of course :)

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Volc. is most likely going to stay with Gen 6 in terms of story, this is Nintendo/GF's way to tie in G6 and G7 with a movie (Such as the Beast Trio + Zoroark, Genesect + Mewtwo Y, Mew + Lucario)

Back