• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Is Pokemon Yellow based on the anime?

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
No, it's the other way around. Ash is based on Red, the player character of Red/Green/Blue.

Yellow is a version of the original game, but based on the anime. So you could say that the player character of that version in particular is 'Ash'.

Either way, still not a very good representation of it in general... they did an ok job with tag along Pika (in the like of the anime). But beyond that, still not very good.

Years
  • Seen today
Either way, still not a very good representation of it in general...

That would require a new game entirely. It has enough unique details to associate it with the anime, which was the intention. Pikachu as a starter, Team Rocket duo, teams changed to the ones in the anime, etc...

Personally, never really liked or cared for Yellow. I'd rather play the proper entry than an anime tie-in.

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
That would require a new game entirely. It has enough unique details to associate it with the anime, which was the intention. Pikachu as a starter, Team Rocket duo, teams changed to the ones in the anime, etc...

Personally, never really liked or cared for Yellow. I'd rather play the proper entry than an anime tie-in.

Still, that doesn't stop the fantranslators of Pokemon Silver to call him Ash instead of Red's "..."

they really needed to fix it and have it out with the other gba remakes

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Then again, they are fan translators.

Yeah, but some fna translators do a terrific job on translating japanese only game

Going slithly offtopic, the fantranslated Pokemon Silver confused Flaafy with Skiploom

Also they called the legendary beasts "dogs", unless Raikou is somehow a 10% dog like Eeveelutions, i don't see it

Last edited:
Back