• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
what is the meaning behind your username/what does it stand for? i remember a thread like this being posted about two years ago, shame it hasn't been revived since.

TY

my username is TYranitar shortened, which was the username I'd initially went for but shortened it later on when actually deciding on it 2-3 years ago when I swapped up usernames.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
is me posting this getting old yet

i1hgVqo.jpg

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Took the name as an alternative to my actual username, Alex, when the administration of the time let somebody register it during open season.

At the time, I was still forming my adult identity ? Nick was a shorthand for a name my mother wanted to give to me but didn?t because my father picked instead: Nicholi. I?ve long since settled on being Alexander Nicholi, even legally changing my name to reflect that, and if username changes were allowed for non-staff again I would probably change into something like that.

I?m not really a Nick anyway. If anything I?m Nich.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i'm not sure where mine came from. i think it is because i really liked rin hoshizora at the time and wanted a mix of that sort of name, so i came up with hoshiko. it means star child in japanese.

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
i initially wanted to be semi-automatic bcs i thought it sounded badass. found it too long so i shortened it to semi, but it was taken! and thus semi- was born. ever since signing up to the forums, semi has been my online nickname everywhere. it really stuck haha

Years
In like 2005 I was super obsessed with the Phantom of the Opera. "Erik" is the established official name from the book. Destler is the surname from the 1989 Horror adaptation featuring Robert Englund [which, to this date, I've never watched all the way through].

Hence, Erik Destler. :3c

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Should be pretty obvious for anyone who's played a Fire Emblem game.

I originally wanted a different one. However, that name is taken by a dead account and I've still not succeeded in convincing the admins to give it to me, anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Full name Japanese sounding usernames was the "in" thing when I thought of this username back in like 2007.

I based it off of Hiroshi Sotomura. At least with the same amount of syllables and the around the same length.
I started with Patchou.
Patchou was the dude who developed MSN Plus, an add on way back in the day that made MSN messenger amazing.
Why I chose that name, I don't remember.
Patchisou was just adding an "is" in the middle of it to meet the 3 syllables.
Tohru came from Tohru Honda, which was a character in the first anime that I really watched knowing it was an anime.
"Yu" added in front of it to flesh it out.

Patchisou Yutohru

Pronounced: Patch-e-sue You-toe-rue

Fun fact: I'm actually not a weeaboo.

Last edited:
Back